Alienware 17 r4

Meme machine or the real deal?

I've always looked that alienware were a scam but this fully loaded model looks pretty tasty and I do need to upgrade my laptop before the end of the tax year

Anyone got one?

Looks gay.

Well I'm a gurl so that's ok ^^

Look into the Razer Blade Pro as well, it's lighter and have a better screen

hello! sorry for scare, but just notice profile on the Steam Community. you know how hard it are to find girls who play video game nowadays??? well, Im glad I stumble apon this little prof cause I gotta say…. ur prety cute!! ^ ((sorry for scare, no trouble ) well… I was wondering if u wanted to play tf2 with me (Im a plat sniper, so I can carry my little princes if need. =-}) CUZ I really want someone to pub wit me.. hey hey, maybe even I could get you unusual as little gift. you like Buring? Me too, me too. anyways any, do you maybe have Skype? (no scare. no scare, I iust like meating eye to eye.) if we skype, I think we could have some good buddy commucation. :)) ( i can even turn down my dubstep music in the background if you want…) add me if you want please, I jsit need friend maybe even girlfriend, to play video with.m I can be the perfect guy for you, trust!! ill buy whatever, do whatever, okay?? jsit pick up that phone and CALL. :)

Yeah I seen that but I don't think I could trust the build quality of razer. I've had my latitude for 5 years and it's survived a hell of a lot and pretty much runs 24/7 without an issue

It's alienware or MSI at the moment, just looking for raw power and build quality

Are you a girl (male)?
Also that shit looks overpriced. Get either an msi or asus if you absolutely need gaymen

Too heavy.

10/10 would get fondled and raped in public transportation by.

Totally fine for what it packs, although lighter options exist

i'd assume that the Razer Blade Pro will have better QC than the lower tier options, but in worst case you can just return it and buy something else

s/he's a gurl.

Absolute state of Sup Forums

Serious answer now, the design is cringy imo, and the main reason people hate Alienware, but if you like it good on you. They are also a bit expensive but they really pack a punch and they are also durable. They really aren't bad laptops, but there are better options out there, like the Clevo/Sager/Eurocom/XMG laptops.

You don’t need a fucking brick laptop when egpu exist. I have a shitbook pro with bootcamp and a 1080ti . Same price and specs with better card and actual resell value

Don't fall for it. I did, and I regretted it. I got lucky and mine had an issue that dell couldn't fix, so they sent me a massively upgraded one, which i sold for way the fuck more than I paid for it.

Get an XPS 9550 or some other massive scale production laptop so that at least if the fuckin thing breaks, parts will be available.

Cheers I'll look into that other brands. I don't mind the design, LEDs etc would be turned off or to a normal color

Like I wanna carry a fucking graphics card around with my laptop from hotel to hotel you absolute roaster

What went wrong? Did you buy another laptop with the money you made?

Dont, the cooling is shit on those. Either go with a Dell Precision(Not the ones after the M6800) or a p-series Thinkpad

Motherboard was fucked some how, CPU throttled into oblivion even when it wasnt under load (It would max out at like .7 ghz, 7700hq lmao) the WiFi was shit, and the GPU switching between the AGA (Alienware graphics amplifier) and the internal GPU would fail randomly.

And no, i built a top of the line gaming PC and an ultrabook because gaming laptops all universally fucking suck. Buy mainstream laptop lines with gaming parts in them, not gaming laptops.

Cheers

Gaming laptops are a meme. Get the top end of a consumer grade laptop, like the other user said dell xps 15 is a good choice, i think they have a gtx 1050 and has the same quad core cpu as the alienware one and doesn't look cringy. I think there's also dell inspiron gaming with 1050ti and it doesn't look as gaymery as alienware. Whatever you do don't buy alienware or razer you'll only end up regretting it