Does AMD pay illiterate 13 year olds to name their products?

Does AMD pay illiterate 13 year olds to name their products?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explicitly_parallel_instruction_computing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_and_Sapphira
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Neverending_Story_characters#Falkor_the_Luckdragon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably not, but they clearly target them.

Its apparently a play on words of some old Intel shit. Don't be an idiot. If you want to make fun of naming practices look at Nvidia's Titan XP/Xp confusion.

Yes

I think we can all agree these names(epyc, ryzen, threadripper) are cringe worthy as fuck, but professionals don't care about names and the retards love this shitty naming scheme.

Oh look it's another shilltel thread. Gotta provide for your family somehow amirite Sanjeet?

God damn finnish computer engineers.

>I knew immediately what the first image reply would be

I've spent too much time on Sup Forums

Can't help that Intelkikes don't know basic computing history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explicitly_parallel_instruction_computing

That name is a reminder for Intel to never try making new ISAs again.

This

i don't get the Y in all the naming schemes and/or why they didn't at least stay consistent and name threadripper "threadrypper"
it's like if you name your run of the mill edgy villains skulldoZer, killmaZter, and greg, it just doesn't makw any sense

You don't get it because it's explicitly making fun of Intel, EPIC was an abortion.
EPYC is not

As long as they don't let Sup Forums do the logo...

Professionals disslike them too, but they are more interested in numbers and performance characteristics

t. RedTeam+

POO

>8086
>80286
>80386
>80486
>Pentium
Intel started it.

I don't think amd would hire you. sorry bud.

It's okay.

GAME HERE FOR THIS :DDDDD

ALSO MOAR COARS!

Sour grape.

Too young to remember Itanium? Or just retarded enough to defend it?

It filters autistic triggered retards like you

It's part of the meme though.

HY BB U SO SEXY OPEN BOB??

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

Yes the name is retarded but it's 40% more server for $2000 less

If my kid was that fat i wouldnt let them play video games. A diet and a soccer ball would be more appropriate

You would buy it if you could afford it. The chad you admire already has it.

Making fun of the apple shill obviously, but fact is, it's probably true.
I would get it myself if money was no concern. It's just that V8 muscle car sort of cool hardware, while simultaneously not being dumb or too pricy for what it does - that's rare.
Well, maybe I would reconsider if the platform's idle power consumption was significantly higher compared to AM4 or 1151, but that matters only to few.

>dem beef hormone tits

I am not bashing their products, just the names they have given to their more recent stuff.
Even though i find the names retarded, they wouldn't keep me from buying the products.
A lot of Pajeets here assume you're an Intel shill whenever you criticize or make fun of AMD though, like
and maybe
I hope they received their Rupee.

my favourite Sup Forums meme :DDD

Threadripper is a dumb name, I agree on that, but EPYC's name makes sense and that was explained to you, now you're trying to push the narrative from EPYC specifically to the other product lines as if that would make your argument any less retarded.

Companies trying to market to gamers have absolutely no dignity.

it's better than intel covfefe like

The entire Zen lineup (Ryzen/EPYC/Threadripper) naming was named by the engineers themselves, not marketing, AMD said so in a interview.

And for what they've done with peanuts and coke for budget they should have named it RapeMachineExcelsior Over 9000

I appreciate the explanation, but I still find the name retarded.
I said "products" in the original post. I picked a picture of Epyc since I see it as the most important product of their line up at the moment.

Threadripper was internal nickname cum brand. The other names were coined in a more standard process. Zen was engineer name too, but then they had to com up with something that can be trademarked and Ryzen and probably also Epyc were created through the usual methods likely.

Well, the "you are all shills !111" mentality is quite ingrained here and there is so many dumb&mad kiddos that actually act like shills although they are just unpaid fanboy faggots that you can't really distinguish legit posts from trolling.

>engineering department pushes marketing around instead of the opposite like in most companies

Based AMD, having a masters in EE run the company really does wonders.
Though I imagine the shareholders are less pleased.
Fuck shareholders.

Whitehaven was the TR internal name.

>Being a manchild engineer naming your multi billion dollar project with chuuni battle names.
>Shit being almost F4TAL17 or K|NGP|N levels of cringe.

I'm enjoying this more than I should.

Whitehaven was just the internal testing platform/motherboard. Like Myrtle or Mandolin.
Sites like the WCtech just got it all wrong and used it as a name for the processor.

These are all code names like Summit Ridge.

AyyMD is just making a brand for itsself as that "oddball geek run" company. That is why their entire marketing as of late is such a cringeworthy mess.

It is kind of cute, really. I hope the 12/24 versions of ryzen, which are slated to be "soon" are named 'Dozen'

I don't think they are that bad. Ryzen is slightly informal compared to stuff like CentriQ, Optane/QuantX and such lame names, but he, look for example at Cavium ThunderX, Ryzen is more tasteful than that.

It's better brand name than GeForce (never liked that since Riva TNT times, although of course TNT was bad in its own way too). Or heck, look at Nvidia's branding with stuff like "Battlebox" (bleh). Threadripper is more tame and less kiddo than that IMHO, since it can still claim the pretext of meaning the thread ripping metapdhorically and tongue-in-cheek, actually speaking about doing serious work. "battlebox" is just gaming kiddo lingo IMO

BTW, nothing beats Freescale QorlQ chips.
Brought to you by Cthulhu selfinsert fanfic college club.

>Freescale
Guess where mama Su worked before.

The professional who gives a shit about the name is no professional at all.

Actually it's about as cringy as ARM names.
DynamIQ my ass.

Kid has bigger tits than my girlfriend.

ARM uses ancient greek gods codenames for cores. Ares, Artemis, their server reference mobo was Juno.

You think she is responsible for QorlQ?

Tits are not important, user. It's what's inside.

ARM also uses Norse mythology for GPU cores: Mali, Midgar, whatever.

Nothing against Qualcomm server business. They called they core Falkor and their next one is Sapphira (from Eragon I guess). I wonder if that is actually copyright-clean.

They should make the third one Glaurung, although I guess they only pick non-evil dragons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_and_Sapphira

Yeah but with this being the preceding codename? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Neverending_Story_characters#Falkor_the_Luckdragon

>shit names for shit products made by shit company

>and here we have specimen of butthurt fanboy of the opposite side, observed in its natural habitat
>you can't see it on your TV set, but there are bitter tears running down its cheeks right now

yes
yes they do
because it's edgy that way

>durrr...muh i19-99999

It's a dick punch over Intel's marketing campaign for EPYC

Not relevant anyone, Schlomo.

>soccer

Why do you want your child to grow up to be a communist user?

Pajeet names it

>make fun of naming practices look at Nvidia's Titan XP/Xp confusion.
make fun of an ingenious marketing move to sell a lower rate product to idiots only to have them buy the other?

Tiny tits can't hold much inside them user.

>but it's a jab at the intel jews!!! so clever!
How does this at all make it sound less unprofessional and juvenile, especially when it's on a product marketed to professionals and enterprise? Are you a big-name chipmaker selling one of the best things you've shit out in a decade or are you a 13 year old mindlessly flinging shit at other 13 year olds?

>user's car dealsership, where we only use the EPYC AMD computer processor
Dodged a bullet

>cringe worthy as fuck
that's the trick. Imagine getting beating up by someone that post shit like this all the time
>pic related
AMD knows what they're doing to intel

core i-whatever is a shit name too.

>and greg,
But that's funny though. It shows they don't have there head so far up their own assholes like Intel and Nvidia.

>that pic
Is that an award for buying their product?
do you put it up in your trophy cabinet with the rest of your participation medals?

EPIC was created by HP. IA-64 was the Intel/HP joint architecture meant to implement it. Itanium failed because no one could make the proper optimizations with the compiler. Its even RISC, the thing Sup Forums drools over.

>F4TAL17
I'll clank yer te'th 'n m8

>Glaurung,
Whats wrong with Ancalagon, The Black?

>being risc automatically means its not garbage
lol

On mine gf, i can see it's intel

JUST

Does he think he's an MMA fighter?

He's an M'ma fighter.

>Its even RISC, the thing Sup Forums drools over.
Itanium isn't RISC or CISC, EPIC is a classification of its own.

>tfw you will never transplant a vanity IHS with your name on it onto a working threadripper

What the fuck. Ancalagon is literally MILES tall. This fucker would literally blot out the Sun.

He was a big guy

For you

>Does AMD pay illiterate 13 year olds to name their products?
Yes, we do, and we're also currently hiring. Looking for work, kiddo?

>Its even RISC
EPIC is VLIW you dumb motherfucker.

>tfw this kid probably weighs more than you

reviewers got that I think. They were numbered and the first one was apparently bagged by Su.

Yeah. When can i start?

AdoredTV got a personalised one.

Most press that did TR reviews got them.

Right now. Pitch me some better marketing than "Epyc" and let's see what you've got.

I meant for markets outside of Finland.

BERY GUD CHEEPYU :DDDD

Go away with your two rebranded generation, shill