Access to expensive technology is what makes you be able to get a foot hold and create something of value

Access to expensive technology is what makes you be able to get a foot hold and create something of value.

If you are able to get your hands on technology that few people know about or understand, you are able to create value from that technology because you are early to the adoption.

If you had access to the UNIX system back in 1960, you could create something that was worth something to someone if you had the skills in programming that you do now.

If you have access to quantum computers currently, you would be able to make something of value if you had the skills of a computer science student from 2080.

As more people get into a skill, the ability to create something valuable reduces, if you are able to get your hands of VR head sets, do it now before they become the new androids phones.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/lol-ti-cucks/32608193270.html
techpoweredmath.com/calculators-for-the-sat/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>decades old TI calculator
>best learning aid possible

I have stuck pixels. Is my baby dying?

There a calculator with an e-ink display yet?

You can pick up a used TI-73 on ebay for like 20 dollars so this meme doesn't make sense

>engineering classes
>calculator
Everyone uses a proper computer when proper calculations are needed (basically every time you need to numerically integrate or make simulations) coding in matlab, or fortran (usually older lecturers use this), but 99% of the times a calculator isn't even needed in classes.

t. Aerospace engineering student.

>Sup Forums
>creating things of value

aliexpress.com/item/lol-ti-cucks/32608193270.html

>Everyone uses a proper computer
Was computer yo?

Oh yes, I'm sure the calculator manufacturers care enough who is buying their products to artificially raise the price to exclude a group of people. Sounds like good business practice.

>Access to expensive technology is what makes you be able to get a foot hold and create something of value.

Every race except nigs created their stuff from scratch, whites excelled and created modern technology in general.

Therefore, consider the "hurr nibbas dont dumb just cant buy da wytey calculatah" argument wrecked.

>TI-cucks

>if you are able to get your hands of VR head sets, do it now

t. HTC employee about to get fired wholesale because Vive is selling so poorly

hi guys i got a ti83 and i'm allowed to use it on my exam and they don't force us to reset it so i need to program shit to pass. anyone know how to program mx+b and quaddratic things the x^2-4x+16 thanks help ur fellow whitey

The TI83 and 84 isn't even worth that much money to make. They mark it up significantly.
I'm pretty sure the only reason it is so expensive is they are colluding with the college board so that it is the only calculator you can use on the SAT.

>it is the only calculator you can use on the SAT
techpoweredmath.com/calculators-for-the-sat/
>Most Casio and HP models are just fine, including the new Casio Prizm. The HP Prime is the only touch screen calculator allowed as of 2016-17.

I had to take a network class about ??? where the book was $300, the class was about writing down the often schizophrenic concepts onto a cheat sheet and using it during a test so you don't fail (also prove you bought the book like a good goy).

>so that it is the only calculator you can use on the SAT.
If schools never adopted calculators into their programs, calculators would have become low power hand held programmable computers

>HP Prime

I'm using HP Prime emulator on both PC and phone and I like it so much that I'll probably get the real thing.

Same for me in my aero Dept. We just use Matlab for shit

I have one. It's real nice. Granted I don't use nearly all of the functions it has.

TI graph calcs are overpriced. Walmart used to have a Casio one for $40-something. They no longer have it, but you can prob. get it on Amazon or something.

It's great and comfy even if you do only basic calculations.

Had hp48 before and I actually prefer algebraic mode on prime to hp48 rpn.

I'd be worried if anyone could utilize all its functions and at any one time. You'd need to be doing like 10 simultaneous graduate math degrees.

I feel like I would be the one getting cucked there

Niggers steal plenty of expensive technology every day.

It's not the only one.
BUT, the curriculum taught generally focuses on using TI-calcs, and you've gotta teach yourself how to do whatever operations on the calc yourself if you're buying elsewhere, so they're pretty strongly discouraged.

yeah, US schooling sucks

>access to technology is important for being competitive
Which is why they have TI calculators on loan.
>access is important to be productive
Yes to some extent but it's not like you're fucked if you don't have the latest graphics card to do some NN with it. There's tons of room for applications which don't require a lot of resources.
NN training is one of the few exceptions I can think of. Even something like videogames you could develop on lower end machines. It probably implies you concern yourself with a broader demographic than a lot of junk games. But you could absolutely develop poorly performing Unreal engine game #50284 on a crappy machine.

>Implying coloreds can't afford calculators
this is far more racist than any dumb calculator price bullshit.

Why the fuck are TI calculators from the 1940s still acceptable for modern classes?

Because they don't need to do much.

>tfw in bongistan it's basically the exact same situation with these Casio calculators except they cost $10

Because TI has a racket running with school districts, colleges, and textbook publishers. All of these get kickbacks in exchange for requiring TI products.

Because TI-89 is da best.