There is a way to recover a lost Bitcoin wallet, right Sup Forums?

There is a way to recover a lost Bitcoin wallet, right Sup Forums?

I lost my Bitcoin wallet from 2 years ago and now I have 0.00 Bitcoin and I'm poor as shit.
Meanwhile crypto has gone up in value by 1000%+ and I'm still wage slaving at Mcdonalds

What do? How do I get it back? I am going to fucking jump out of a window

Go to the FBI and let them look at your hard drive, they will find your wallet code for you.

youll burn the money and will continue wageslaving in mcdonalds

I would do this if it was possible. I have nothing bad on it except lost Bitcoin and pictures of frogs

lost it how? you formatted your drive?

Installed a new copy of windows and forgot about Bitcoin until this year. I tried recovering it but I can only find blockchain data and no wallet file.

I would have been able to quit my slavery job and live happily if I didn't reinstall Windows

This is what pain feels like

well, you have to tell us how you lost it

I reinstalled Windows 7

it hurts my brain that capitalism actually ALLOWS people to burn irelands worth of electricity to blockchain a useless currency that is then lost when Sup Forumstards reformat their shitty windows install.

Data recovery software, but you're gonna have to be really lucky. Look for a file called wallet.dat
I think Recuva is a good data recovery program

I already tried that as I said. I couldn't find any .dat file

I used Recuva, Wondershare, Ease US, etc and still found nothing. I am suicidal over this

you know you should not make any changes to that hdd or even turn it on or even touch it, if you're using it you should turn it off right fucking now.

i think he killed himself

If you were actively using the hard drive for 2 years after reformatting then you're shit out of luck, that shit is lost.

FUCK WHY?

I'm about to

If he was running Windows its fucking gone. Shit writes to your drive 24/7.

DONT SAY THIS TO ME PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE TROLLING

>FUCK WHY?
Because when you delete files/reformat and shit the space isn't overriden, it's simply marked as free for use. At that point, old files are still recoverable because the actual bytes are still written there but since it's now marked as unused space, the more you use the hard drive, the more these bytes get overriden because as the system needs a space for a file or whatever it sees it as unused and claims it.
The more you used it the less your chances were for recovering. Given that you said it's been 2 years, there's nothing you can recover at that point. You could maybe find some chunks of the file but they would be of no use you'd need the entire wallet file untouched which is unlikely as fuck unless you reinstalled Win7, shut down the system and never used it until now.

this is the main reason crypto goes up every year, more and more dumb people losing their coins lel.

because any change you make in the hdd makes it more likely for your lost file to be overwritten. It's been years though, just get over it, remember that there are thousands of people every year who don't turn multi-millionaires because of one single digit in their lottery ticket.

Unless you use an SSD and then trim kicks in and the firmware formats it whenever there is no load.

i found a text file from that time which knowing me was possibly a pv key but it comes up in chinese symbols when i open it
thanks for the other info though. i am going to kill myself now

its not funny

why dont you recover everthing?
download recuva and pull out everything

I did this already

be cool mang

What do you mean bro
I work at miccy ds i want to end it if i cant recover this

you can't mate

ok thanks i'm gonna end it now

youre a wage slave because you do stupid shit like loose your wallet and act on impulses like dropping out of school and befrind addicts.

You never had a chance OP.
It's been a full year, so that shit has been overwritten a billion times by now.

Take this as a hard learning experience and move on.

I do none of that above. I'm a wageslave because my parents kicked me out when I was 16 years old and I had to get a job to survive

I am going to fucking kill myself
I can't take another day serving burgers

you know there's better wageslave jobs than mcdonalds right

Yes but I can't afford to leave the job otherwise I'll be homeless and poor as shit

thats why you apply for the job while youre working at mcshit. then when you get hired you simply leave

>Implying I have any qualifications

I didn't get that chance

Its either I make it with crypto or i kms

what
you dont need qualifications to work at a warehouse. they train you on site. most pay double what mcdonalds pay.

you've only yourself to blame.
then again youre probably just a troll

how much did you have anyway

>I do none of that above. I'm a wageslave because my parents kicked me out when I was 16 years old and I had to get a job to survive
my apologies then, thats usually why people wind up in these situations.
what country were you in? in most places thats illegal as fuck to kick an underage kid out.
There has to be some better alternatives to your current situation.
get a room mate to split the rent with you and start going to a community college. get a bullshit certification to do some mediocre work and use the funds for the better job to pay for rent, food, and school for a real degree.

12 btc
now i have fucking 0.00
UK. its legal if you're 16 and in fact, I was 15 but the local council didn't care. They put me in a halfway house with ex convicts

Also, I live in a literal closet sized room right now and i'm still in this situtation

BTC was my only hope of escape

it's the same shit. i'd still be in this position

time to kill yourself op

>12btc
is this nigga serious

I know, soon dont worry
Yes
at todays price that is approx 200k USD
I have 0 now. fucking zero

You're such a stupid fag. You come from a long line of poverty (all caused by genetic stupidity). Have you cursed your parents yet?

i agree, he is

>12 bitcoins

Oh well man. Life has its ups and downs. This is definitely down.

not a second goes by that i dont think about just ending it once and for all
this is sufferig

You probably would blow the money anyways. 200k is "save it up and enjoy financial security" money, not "quit my minimum-wage job by shitting on the counter" money.

Money CANNOT buy happiness. Plenty of successful, famous, rich people have committed suicide throughout history. I mean, yeah, that is a lot of money you're not having right now but taking your own life over it is just nonsense talk. If it makes you feel any better back before bitcoin started gaining real value in 2010 someone traded 10000 bitcoins for two pizzas. That would be ~169 million dollars today. Hope those pizzas were good huh?

I wouldn't blow it but i would definitely quit this job

That is literally all i want to do

Reinstalling OS doesn't delete files from your disk

i know that but they still had other btc and probably worth millions now
also, they helped bitcoin progress

i'm just poor and unlucky

it gives you an option to format upon installation and i must have done that

Are you sure you didn't backup the wallet.dat somewhere? I found my LTC backup last night and recovering it pretty easy provided you backup the appdata.

no i spent 12 hours manually checking through hundreds of thousands of files and nothing except blockdata which when opened appeared in chinese symbols (i'm guessing corrupt file)

you are lucky my fried, ltc just mooned and i missed that too. i don't have a single crypto anymore

this hd was my only hope

I'm not lucky, I kept regular backups on an internal drive, I have formatted Windows times since.

Any chance you copied it to a pen drive or something?

None. i checked everything. I am suicidal

The only possible way to recover anything would be to binary scan your HD and search for private keys in binary, turning them into public keys and checking if they have a balance.

How big is your HD?
You are a brainlet anyway so I doubt you can do this lol.

Don't be suicidal user, we all missed the boat when we ignored the faggots shilling buttcoin in 2011.

I could have mined some on my shitty 6850 but I chose to shitpost instead.

suck a few dicks, buy bitcoin, ???, PROFIT!!

I actually looked into that but I can't into python
Give me a step by step guide and If i recover...

its pain others don't know or understand
like losing a lottery ticket

real funny

i highly doubt you can recover that wallet file
you're literally looking for lost treasure on your hard drive

Well then its over for me. See you on the other side

Kill yourself.

Ok

>That would be ~169 million dollars today
Not like you could've actually sold those bitcoins for real cash. You'd make maybe 10k off it.

Yes, exchange sites exist, but enjoy having them take 90% of your profits.

Dude, invest in a new currency and never make this mistake again. Always keep a copy of your wallet on another drive. Keep a copy on a thumbdrive also.

Boohoo i sold 8 buttcoins for $12 a piece, and all i got was this shitty story that nobody believes to tell (and $96 dollars). Cry some more.

Hahahaha get fucked stupid faggot

[spoiler]I feel bad for you, but get over it, lad. There'll be other opportunities.[/spoiler]

Invest with what? I'm fucking broke as shit

I don't care if you believe it, it happened

Real nice of you

>BTC was my only hope of escape

lol no it wasn't, you didn't even remembered it, otherwise you wouldn't have lost you coins. stick to whatever plan you had before you remembered bitcoin exists.

Ididn't have one

well then get creative lad

>oy vey, you must use my shitty bank-controlled currency instead of crypto, goyim
>oy vey capitalism is bad goyim, communism is good, free market, competition, freedom and traditional values are bad
OK, Shlomo

op is probably kill
still dunno how you manage to browse Sup Forums for any extended period of time and not know how filesystems work and that using a drive with deleted data that you want to recover will make it increasingly likely that you can't recover it

generally, people tend to format, reinstall
because there's (relatively) little point in doing an in-place reinstall

and most people don't have their shit on another drive/partition

OP, hang in there

I started partitioning everything after losing some stuff because my C: drive fucked up. It made me start to hate every program that installs to C: no matter what partition it's actually put into though because my C: is in a small SSD now.

Very close, no joke

Im gona fucking end it soon bro
Fucking slaved for years and can't even quit

For me I lost mine because a darknet site went down. Having that money would be nice right now

I feel you bro

hey op, i'd be willing to try and help you.
what methods of contact would you go with? discord fine?

help how?

help you find that shit on your HDD even if you currently can't find it.

It depends on how long ago it was lost, and in what manner.
If it was ever deleted, and it's been deleted more than a day, it's fucking gone. Super fucking gone and you're a wageslave for life, sorry bro.

What help can you offer over email/discord that you can't offer here, right now? You sound like a nigerian scammer

I think its lost and its a wage slave life for me usding from this thread

>easier time discussing things, possibility of sending actual screenshots without huge privacy breeches, you actually know who you're speaking to, so you don't get people to meme you.
Why the fuck would I scam you if you're at rock bottom wageslaving?

You know what, fuhgeddaboudit, you seem like too much of a brainlet if you can't figure out I have nothing to gain.

(or the more likely thing is that you're RPing on Sup Forums, autist)

There is no larp you fuck

Just tell me what to do now and I'll doit. If I recoverfrom yourtips then I tip you... with bit black bitcoin

nice larp lmao

Consider yourself lucky, I had 200 btc from the time it was feasible to mine them.

Got my shit stole by a nigger who promptly proceeded to pawn that shit.

The fucker damaged the disk handling it like a chimp.

If only he knew he trashed 500k dollars for a few hundred