Sup Forums memes you're glad you fell for

For me, it's the e-ink reader.

I originally got it to read books but it flips through manga just as fast as my Nexus 7 with Perfect Viewer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eozghdYw1r0?t=1m15s
mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154500
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for me it's the McChicken

Moto G and Thinkpad are excellent memes to fall for.

Glad:
>Nexus phones
>Mechanical keyboard
>Linux [spoiler]no, not GNU, fuck off[/spoiler]
>eInk
Not glad:
>Thinkpads

What don't you like about thinkpads? I fell for it too (though I got a recent model) and I'm really happy with it.

Glad:
>Thinkpad

Not Glad:
>1080p is all u need bro
>linux

What manga is that?

Glad:
>Thinkpad
>mechanical keyboards
>better headphones

Moto G (2013)

Let's see, my t530 died after some water got spilled on it and no service center knows why.
There is no visible damage, but it doesn't work. I change motherboard and it didn't help.
Gonna try new CPU next.

My new X1 Carbon 4th gen got a defective screen with a red stain (got replaced), had broken card reader (they replaced the motherboard) and after the replacement I got a broken SIM card slot, which I noticed after the warranty expired.

My X1 flexes and twists under my arms and display has stains from keys and tracepoint when I open it up.

That said, warranty service is awesome! 3 days tops and you have your laptop back and working. At least here in Germany.

Software is shit, there is no open source driver for fingerprint reader and so on. They fucked up the charge thresholds and if you don't completely recharge it at least once a week, you are pretty much guaranteed to have the charge drop from 30% to 1-5% if you try to use it unplugged. (That was not the case in earlier models)

The only reason I love the laptop is trackpoint and the ability to be at 50% charge while plugged in.

However, if something like librem offered those 2 things (I can even ditch the trackpoint if necessary), I'd switch in a heart beat.

Python. I work thanks to that shitty language

Sansa clip +
-Tiny
-Holds lots of songs on SD card
-Breddy gud sound
-Forgot to take out of pocket and put it through the wash twice, and it still works fine after cracking it open and letting it dry out.

10/10 would buy again if they still made them.

>t530
>X1 Carbon
Gotta stay with the earlier models, my dude.

Perhaps, but that means slow CPU with shitty GPU.
I enjoy the ability to compile the software occasionally and to read text from glorious 1440p display without worrying that watching videos fullscreen will melt my laptop.

It's Lenovo
Laptops are in a sad state when the best laptops are either Lenovo or dell

Moto g3 (2015) went in sea still werks

Chio-chan no tsuugakuro

how? My Aura One is way slower when reading pdfs

>it flips through manga just as fast as my Nexus 7 with Perfect Viewer.
Why lie on the internet?

Sansa clip zip
Had a sansa previously but it was an early model and by the time I was looking for a new pmp everyone was talking about the clip and clip zip and it turned out to be just a great purchase that I still use occasionally

I'm not, I was genuinely surprised when I loaded up manga on it

I'm using koreader and I get my manga from a certain FTP server. I haven't tried pdfs on it yet, since most of my reading materials are .epub, zip or cbz. My only gripe is that koreader doesn't go to the next file after you finish reading a manga chapter but that's a minor thing.

It's not a PDF you tard

Why are you reading cartoons lol, are you five years old

Would u share that certain ftp server?

Should I not get a t60/t61?

definite no

but they look cool

Get them if your usage meets their performance

What e-ink reader should i get to read chinese cartoons on?

not saying much since your nexus 7 is a decrepit piece of shit (and an even bigger lag fest with later android versions installed). also i hope you like pinch and zooming with any fluidity, colour pages, waiting 2 hours to open 500mb tankobon rips, and the utter lack of web scraping manga viewer apps.

Kobo. Pretty much anything kobo.
For bonus points, get the glo HD which has expandable storage. (IE, microSD card). Or one that isn't waterproof since inside they're microSD internal storage anyway, and popping them open will ruin the waterproofing.
Double check it has what you want before getting it though.

Glad:
Eink
Mechanical keyboard
Flawless sensor
Separate DAC

Meh:
4k monitor
Chink shit (mostly positive except I spend too much too often)

Bad:
browsing Sup Forums

ATH-m50x is the best meme i've fallen for so far. Thanks \g\

The goddess

Sweet i will prolly get one and crack it open to expand it thanks

I dont do alot. Just shitpost, sometimes youtube or amazon. I plan on building a gaming pc for most of my media needs I just thought thinkpads were supposed to be alittle more robust than the average laptop

Can you save screen shots with it?
I fish for more reaction images while reading

>Bad:
>browsing Sup Forums
yep, same here.

Glad:
Linux
Thinkpad
Audiophile IEMs

You guys haven't let me down yet

Is there a meme eink reader that is inexpensive?

how inexpensive?
because rooting a paperwhite seems to be Sup Forums's unwavering answer

Haven't fallen for any of them yet.

Glad:
Thinkpad
Vim
Gentoo
FreeBSD
Haskell
Perl

Bad:
Anime

kindle keyboards on shopgoodwill.com

Glad for actually buying more expensive headphones instead of trying to buy something below $70 (inb4 poorfag).

In particular sennheiser hd 558

Glad:
Headphones\Speakers
Sansa Clip (long time ago)

Not glad:
Mechanical keyboard

do you have to convert your manga?

$25 to spend on what exactly?

>E-reader:
Got me reading more in the last year than I have in the last decade.
>Mech Keyboard:
It's just nicer to type on, feels better, more satisfying, whatever. Glad I got one.
>Linux:
Instead of buying a new computer, I've breathed new life into my laptop from 2011 with Linux + an SSD and I couldn't be happier. Now, I'm looking for ways to get other old equipment running in a useful way.

idk, but chances are I head down to the liquor store and spend everything there

>Perhaps, but that means slow CPU with shitty GPU.
True for the GPU, but any CPU from the last 10 years will handle most tasks just as well as a brand new one.

$5 on android 18
and $20 on alcohol?

if you are talking about kobo readers be careful. I have a aura HD and while it does work with a 64gb card I think there is not enough memory to address it properly so it hangs and glitches a lot, but with a smaller ~10gb card it works fine.

>muddy bass heavy shit
wew lad

You're joking, right? It takes like 5 seconds to turn one page with those things. It's a piece of shit.

Resolution is trash though.

>E-ink
>Thinkpad (classic)
>non-16:9 aspect ratio
>private trackers
>mechanical keyboard
>thousands of dollars on desktop hardware
>various recommended software
>good headphones

no bad Sup Forums meme experiences. Only thing I don't upkeep with is linux since for every day media consumer use windows 10 is actually the best for hidpi displays (which I now use exclusively) and is kinda shit for battery life

have yet to get a good PMP/DAC and plan on doing a hackintosh install some time soon. Also going to get a mechanical watch

I fucking love Sup Forums

kobo glo hd fucking rules, but it's not for sale anymore and kobo went full jew by selling a low resolution replacement for the same price

>reading PDFs on a kindle
on my kobo the page turns at the same speed it takes for my eyes to move back to the top of the screen

vegeta hit and fusion earrings

Heaps of shit, not all memes though.

Sansa clip+, perfect for gym or running. Went full meme with rockbox.

Ereader. I have a kobo H20 which feels like it was designed specifically for reading manga.

Installing an android alternative, cyanongenmod, back when it was supported. I'm not sure of the current state of lineageOS though so I'm running stock android right now.

Linus and the fat man's software collection. I'll never use windows again. My laptop is 6 years old but I could see myself using it for another 6 now.

Better headphones, HD 650's and Fiio e9 amp. it was like hearing my music for the first time again.

Mechanical keyboard. KBT pure pro. I used it all the time when I lived alone but I don't any more and it is just way too loud.

NAS. Only a small shitty premade one though. Thecus n2310.

this af
t.phoneposter

Glad:
None.

Not glad:
Thinkpad
Mechanical keyboards
Chinkshit

t.nigger

youtu.be/eozghdYw1r0?t=1m15s

Look how fucking slow it is to turn pages. That shit is unacceptable.

>comics and manga
if you're planning on reading anything other than epub files on an ereader then you deserve the frustration

The OP shows manga you literal mongoloid retard.

yeah OP is dumb though

Fell for the Moto G (the original one) and SSDs. Both have been amazing, sadly my Moto G died 1 year ago for not doing actual research about bootloader versions and android downgrading.

What OS does the kindle use? Can I install a terminal, ssh or irssi on it after rooting?

idk what base OS the kindle uses, but here's a terminal app: mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154500
mobileread forums are shit and so is the e-ink "community," but if you look hard enough there's some useful information in there

Glad:
/csg/ chinkphones and shit- finding shit I couldn't get made outside of china anyway for 1/10th the price has made a huge difference-now I spend the money I save on american made products I wouldn't have been able to afford, and I no longer worry about my chinkphone getting broken.
Mechanical Keyboard- This is the big one. They're just so fucking satisfying to type on.

checked
to be fair, OP isn't the only one - kobo's own website shows their "limited edition" aura one with manga pages displayed

sup

Jiren, Toppo, pottara earrings, and Yamcha.

Glad:
Kobo Aura One
Ryzen 1700

Not Glad:
Android

Thinkpads, Manjaro, chinkshit, gaymen mouse(G603). I had a Kindle before I started regularly visiting Sup Forums.

Well, I hate to say it, but you had those issues due to the quality going down in more recent models. Sup Forums generally doesn't recommend anything newer than the **20 ThinkPads.

The T60 hasn't aged super well. You can maybe get away with YouTube if you do it in a video player instead of a browser, but it may still struggle with 720p or higher video.

had two break
once just bricked from taking off the cable without ejecting

144 hz

I can't go back to 60 hz

>x220 which I got for free but I didn't even realize it was there
>headphones
>cheap chink shit
>programming socks

Is that the Aura One? It doesn't come with a SD expansion slot right? Don't you run out of space if you download and add manga or can you read it online somehow?

I've been thinking of getting a e-reader but I'm wondering if I'm just better off picking up a tablet.

There's a new "Limited Edition" one specially designed for manga, with 32GB. Even more expensive though, haven't pulled the trigger due to that reason.

>mcchicken
>not buttermilk tendies
My disappointment is immeasurable

I know, but as I've said, I'm a sucker for new CPUs/GPUs.
Also newer hardware in general.

By the way, if there is a laptop or accessory that allows you to have a challenge thresholds, I'd be really glad to find out.

Can't be assed right now but if this thread is still alive by tomorrow I'll post a webm of me flipping through manga. Mine doesn't lag like that.

buckling springs keyboard
used business class laptops
TrackPoint

What kobo is this?

> e-reader
Looking to get into that meme. Which one / what screen diagonal do you have?

Man, a netbook from 2011 plays 720p with no problem.

xx30 series is decent after you swap the keyboard from xx20

Get T61 I get 720p x265 playing on it with no problems.
Firefox worked create.

>Thinkpads
What the hell? Like, diapers for your head?
And shouldn't it say Thoughtpads?

FOSS
T420
Linux
CASIO
Taka-taka keyboard

They intended to call it "TinkerPad".

>excellent meme
Ssd
IGZO screens
Chink phones
Zero rpm fans
>Ok meme
Low latency tn
Flawless sensor
Hd 200 headphones
>Meh meme
Private trackers
Debian
4k hdr tv
Premium 2.1 speakers
>Shit meme
Amoled screens
Ubuntu
Premium phones

>Memes I want to try
Infinity ram
144hm screen
Ereader
Smol thinkpad or chink netbook

>somebody bought the wrong thinkpad

>Glad
Gentoo GNU/Linux
Mechanical Keyboard
Trackball
SSD
e-ink
>meh
HD569 headphones. I can't tell the difference against my old chinkshit headphones but it's super comfy so whatever
>not glad
multi monitor

gentoo is just linux senpai