Need internship experience

>need internship experience
>apply for internship
>get rejection email
>"We have moved forward with other candidates who have the experience we're looking for in this role."

Great fucking blog

I know that feel

>be me (who else?)
>M.Sc. in physics
>apply for an entry-level job in plasma physics
>get rejected, because no experience
>there are only two fusion reactors in Europe where you can get the necessary experience
>my application went to one of them

MEH

Why do you need years of job experience to get your first job?

>MFW NONFREE JAVASCRIPT PIZZA BOTNET WANTS ME TO STARVE

DO they have to just stick it in your heart with the last sentence? Those fucking cunts.

Because other people are applying and they have more experience.

If a company says "we want couple years of experience with X" and you're the only applicant with only some experience, you have a pretty good chance of getting at least a phone interview.

If you're a programmer don't take an internship unless it pays decent. Recruiters and hr will use your pay against you to justify lowballing. You're better off with a good portfolio of personal projects and applying for a full position, either contract or fulltime employee

Do what 99% of physicists do: become a programmer. If you're lucky, you'll even program physics related things.

WHAT YOU NEED IS A MATH(S) PHD 300K STARTING ANY JOB YOU WANT

>i'm too socially retarded to get a job

people like to think natural selection no longer happens but it's still in full effect
if you're unable to talk your way into gaining stable employment and a source of income in exchange for your time, you deserve to be poor, broke and stupid.

Not as high but I have a master and programmers work for me, I want off this ride fucking pajeets

What job were you applying for OP?

Product management for a tech company. Literally no mention of experience on the job listing besides "if you're an undergraduate".

Or do what all my friends from university did (we studied physics) - get into financial services or banking. Great pay, sensible work life balance if you go into the financial services route.

I didn't do that though - I did a graduate entry medical degree and have never looked back.

Don't give them your salary info

god I love these wojaks

>Product management
nobody sane would hire a complete newbie for this role

>I worked at x
>oh as what?
>a developer
>oh let's ask your former boss since you listed him as a professional reference
>he's an intern
>oh very sneaky, no job for you

I should've dumped into eth. That said I believe it has a bright future thanks to the developer community

I recommend you use your time for self-study and to work on personal projects.
Everybody says do internships but they are only worthwhile if they are well compensated and you get relevant experience doing stuff that interests you.
Don't become a whore for xp.

>can't even get a response back to any of my applications

then why is it an internship