Have a genius idea for a cryptocurrency

>Have a genius idea for a cryptocurrency
>Can't code at all, like literally zero coding education

I would post retarded wojack, but that implies you had some brain cells to begin with.

how much coding knowledge do you need to make a cryptocurrency? Would I need to devote a few hours or a few months to learn how to do it?

read a book and get started then, it isnt as hard as it seems.

If you can't code, why would you have a good idea that involves coding?

the idea isnt really restricted to the code

Reminds me of the six-year-old son of some woman I knew back in the day who told me about him. He was this "boy genius" who kept coming up with "inventions", most of which involved sticking several wires into a potato and saying "Look, mommy, I built a time machine."

Perfectly understandable, since this kid was only six and all. But I think the OP is a little older than that...

your idea is irrelevant deal with
>but you can at least pay someone to do dumb retard

>be a full stack dev, aws and azure subscription, have own domain name, a meme cluster raspberry pi server at home
>dont have any idea what to make and too lazy

i want to make another Sup Forums archive site

i thought about learning elixer and re-making Sup Forums on phoenix as a project

How much math do you know?

Demo come back ;_;

it depends on what you want to create and ranges from 20 minutes to make an ERC20 token to months or years of researching if you want to make something new and innovative

probably up to algebra 2 I think

kek, and you think you came up with a good idea for a cryptocurrency

Look up Dunning-Kruger.

the idea itself doesn't require complicated code I think?

Tell me your idea, friend

[email protected]

>like literally zero
go back and stay back

The problem isn't coding, the problem is algorithims and cryptography, which requires some pretty advanced math capabilities. If you don't have that much, then you won't be able to make something both secure and accessible.

What's the idea user? If you make it, you're going to have to open source it anyway for anyone to trust it so you might as well get it out in the open now.

>wojack

alright, I care more about disrupting the central banking system than making money anyway

Basically make it so each coin is a vote to determine what the inflation rate is, so that common people have a say in what the inflation rate of the currency is, in contrast to say the federal reserve system.

roast me

OP don't listen to this knob just read up hella strong on elliptic curve crypto and your future is paved in gold

trust me i'm from the post-quantum future

what is the function purpose of inflation in your currency?

You mean like.......determining the price by buying/selling shares??????????

Really makes you TINK

encouraging spending

I've actually considered something like this myself but I hadn't considered doing it by a vote. My initial thought was to artificially increase and decrease the supply to regulate the price after it grew to a certain value.

I'm patenting this idea right now.

what's beautiful about this is that the currency is backed by political power
cool bro, just have a fair launch

No, I believe he's talking about a system like the federal reserve except in order for them to print more money it has to be voted on by the citizens first.

Why would any holder of a coin ever vote for inflation?

so that they have more coins in their wallet, that they can sell when the currency eventually deflates, or to encourage spending for their business

Dude, just go to bed.

what if it inflates, then deflates rhythmically over time?
Then it could encourage both spending and saving, alternately.
That seems like a better way to grow a balanced economy than just SPENDSPENDSPEND all the time.

yep, exactly

>the best way to drive forward is to alternately slam on the gas and the brake.

>the best way to drive is to go 40+ the speed limit to get to your destination faster

I have an idea for a coin
New coins are distributed proportionally. The more coins you own the more coins you get
If you don't own enough coins to get enough new coins to survive you can work for a coin owner and do various things for them in exchange for some coin fragments.

this exists, its called PoS

working in i.t. ~ 2000 had idiot after idiot talk to me about 'mp3 jukeboxes' .. people with no knowledge, no experience, no competence, no insight (brits) ... everything so easy

im sure its easy, I just don't how to do it

Here would be my solution to OP's idea.

Step 1: Create a coin that is worth a certain value which is voted on by the community during an ICO or something.

Step 2: When trading begins, stability is created by automatically regulating the supply based on what the price is doing. If the price is below what was agreed upon, everyone's holdings are decreased to make the price go back up. If the price is above what was agreed upon, everyone's holdings are increased to make the price go back down. If the price is stable, no change is made.

Esentially, you now have something like Tether that is stable in price, but doesn't need capital to back it up and can fluctuate in market cap.

lol
>"sorry sir, these are yesterday's coins, they're no longer valid"
>"The only thing you can do with old coins like this is buy the coins that are valid today."
>today's coins can be bought for 1.01% of its face value
>"No, we don't have inflation."

Considering that's already how every commodity on earth currently works, inflation decided by the price current owners, sellers, want for something, and future owner's, buyers, are willing to pay for something, what function would "voting" have? How many more are distributed? Because if I already have half the coins in the world, WHY THE FUCK WOULD I EVER WANT MY SHARE TO BECOME A SMALLER CHUNK OF THE MARKET?

What would your genius idea be?

my idea is not that bitcoin requires so much processing then miners can simply run servers that handle processes behind a layer of abstraction so they can't tamper with anything

>prime numbers
>really advanced math knowledge