Why do people like to spend extra on tech they don't need?

Why do people like to spend extra on tech they don't need?
Why do they need to buy an iPhone x or note 8, why do they need an i7 8700k or an r7 1800x.

I don't understand the mindset behind such wasteful spending.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hlMAKpxN8N0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A culture of consumption.

Shut up you poor autistic commie fuck.

I don't buy into the iphone shit or getting new phones every release.

I need an i7 because I do cpu expensive tasks all the time so it benefits me greatly.

Also, if it weren't spent on tech, then it'd just get spent on something else. Some people sink all their money into car upgrades, furniture, clothes, so on.

>wasteful
It is. But the developers encourage it. Because we have supercomputers in our pockets now the perception is that we don't have to care about performance. So resources are wasted. Even on the desktop people waste resources. Things like load times are especially notable. Does Skype have any excuse to not open up next to instantly? It's been around for a long time now.
Programs like Photoshop didn't use to take forever to open they've held a rather consistent rate despite the vast amount of power they have now.
The part of PCs that has improved the least is the harddrive but for most of these this is not an excuse. They don't have gigabytes to load.

People spend on tech because their experience gets better with higher end machines. For phones it's perceived as smoothness. For desktops it's usually about running high end games but even browsers are slow as shit if you've got a dualcore nowadays. Or even an older quad-core. There's no sensible reason for this. The core tasks these people have to do are trivial.

who is girl?

Non-sequitur user. An iphone is a nog status symbol; it elevates them out of the ghetto. An 8700k is necessary to feed your 1080ti.

Bab B. Boon

>To feed your 1080 ti
which is necessary because..?

Pol pls go

reddit pls go

I don't uderstand the mindset behind shitting the fucking board.

you don't need Sup Forums yet you spend your time here
in fact you would probably benefit from not doing so
yet you do anyway
you should leave

>which is necessary because..?
manchildren who never grow up play these things called video games

and if you call them out on it they'll tell you about how they're art and playing a good game is the totally the same as or better than reading a good novel bro

I don't feel happy except for the few days something feels new.

this

>Why do they need to buy an iPhone x or note 8,

Social cache

Because i can afford it? Buying a new phone and computer parts is a simple luxury. Nothing makes me happier than technology.

what else would i spend my money on? its not like theres any use for the money when im dead so better use it for something that i like when im still alive.

its a boy

>muh speccy 1337 pen0r

because it makes them happy!

youtu.be/hlMAKpxN8N0

I make more money than I need and I like having nice things. What the fuck more reason do I need?

Why wouldn't you shit in the toilet user?

>i'm better than you because your hobby is for children
This is 4chin, we're all shit here

still cute

>why do people buy nice cars that can drive past the speed limit when they'll never be able to use that speed?

Got any proof?

>why do they need an i7 8700k

well so i can play games and run them well why else?

Because an i3 8100 or r3 1200 can do that just as well

>i7 for games
but why?

This is a valid question.

Don't be ignorant, high refresh rates.

So not the only one noticing this faggot posting negresses all day

social status because i will look dumb if i whip out my chinese android phone.

Le Sup Forums boogeyman

People love my Meizu though, the second screen on the back fascinates them, especially with the cats in space wallpaper on the rear screen.

Also taking selfies on the rear screen because front cameras almost always suck

Stop niggerposting any time

holy shit its a giant dirty Q-tip.

Processors and phones are widely different.
Phones are used as a status symbol as well, so the motivation is partly to show it off to people.
Processors are not shown off to people, nobody but the user cares. And who doesn't need a fast processor?

I got 256GB X, yes it is crazy expensive. But as long it is going to last me 3years like old 6 i had before, I am completely fine spending that extra. Besides that faceID is brilliant, much more reliable than touchID. Samsungs face unlock is joke. Downside is back cover replacement price, 550€ for that fucking piece of glass. But my device is insured for 24months which costs me less then 5% of fullprice so any accidents are already covered.

high refresh rate and multitasking while gaming

I do a shit ton of video rendering and my i5 died, so I got a 1700 to replace it.

And I get 40% discounts on my mobile contracts, otherwise I wouldn't get flagships.

another thing is having that device in bussiness accountancy, I rather spend money on tech than let goverment tax that money

I hate american consumerist drones

You poor fag we know you're poor

There is this idea that people that buy overpriced cutting edge technology are funding research for more cost effective products. So yeah they are dumb for wasting so much money but we all eventually reap the benefits of their careless spending.

>be neet
>have rich parents
>they don't expect me to ever work
>all they ask is that i help them with basic tasks, like going to the store and cooking

I have more money then I'll ever need so I spend it on nice things, get fucked op.

fpbp

Tone it down, you're on Sup Forums, you've got no business judging anyone

I prefer to buy cheaper stuff like Moto G's and used thinkpads then I have extra money for other technology. Also in my experience you definitely dont get what you pay for. After a certain point you're just throwing money away.