Is the U2715H still one of the best 27" all round monitors out there...

Is the U2715H still one of the best 27" all round monitors out there? I know the newer model (U2717D) struggles with extremely high input lag

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2717d.htm.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're OK with 60hz yeah

It has the wrong aspect ratio

I used a U2415H as my primary monitor for years, and it's currently my second monitor. I love it for web pages and things like that, but 1080p/60 is pretty average at this point. Next to my P2415Q things look grainy on it.

There's this great invention called the window manager.

does it?
a lot of things i draw and long
plus it's useful to have things side by side
as for the feature list on the side, use folders

wow do it is optimized for designing square images....even though most images should share the aspect ration of most screen...
thank random freak human you triggered me
16:10 is best ratio

>buying dell
I have u 2412m and its shit compared to my new LG.
>it had dead pixels (LG has none)
>the color was off (which I didnt notice until I put it next to the LG)

fuck you Sup Forums for DELL shilling. you fucks just talk out of your ass.

I like Asus VG248QE because pcpartpicker made me buy it and it looks good

You are drawing long things because your tools are long. The tools you use train your mind

yea, that must be it

I bought an LG panel and a red tint started growing from the top corners after a few months of use.

What if you're not okay with that?

proly bcuz u draw blck dicks lmao nerd fag

Your dell has LG panel too so your point is invalid. It's simply older.

huh, i'm using a 2711 right now and i'm still pretty satisfied

I like dead pixels and dark spots too

I'm primarily looking for a 27", and the P2715Q is a little out of my desired price range. Just for clarification, the 27" is 1440p.

I have it too but the gamma is all fucked up by default. Seriously, the colors are so whitewashed out that it's unbeliavable. I guess gamers just don't really give a fuck. Sad!

I prefer the 10bit 2709W which uses S-PVA.

There are a few better panels, and crts, I consider better. But for the money it's great.

>>Sup Forums

literally any screen with higher resolution at a standard aspect ratio would be better than the 1:1 that costs ridiculous amount of money

>$600
>60hz
>16:9
>not even 4k
wtf are we paying for again?

>$600
>60hz
>8ms lag
>16:9
>not even 4k
wtf are we paying for again?

so you need a tall as fuck monitor to design a normal monitor?
I cant even imagine the monitor theyd need to design the flexscan monitor you pictured I bet its atleast 10,000 x 1080

>he's never used a 120+Hz monitor for actual work
The ignorant are not worth pity

Then get a overpriced 1080p "Zowie" shitty TN if you want if a 1ms response time.

I dont know what the fuck a zowie is and why would you ever recommend cancer milk vision to anyone?

It's a "Gaming" monitor brand the sponsors Street Fight V tournaments.

Seems solid for $400 I suppose, as compared to alternative offerings.

Honestly the display market seems like a big pile of shit right now. All the 2K/4K IPS offerings have quality control, backlight bleed, or other issues. Prices are totally out of line, and you're forced to compromise. Response time, black level, refresh rate, resolution, color, price, quality control. Pick at least one, probably two to be terrible no matter what you do.

I just bought an Acer XB271HU after waiting well over a year for the market to correct itself and nothing happening.

I'm thinking about this one for myself, too. 1440 seems a nice step up from 1080. I've heard the color on it is decent, as well.

I have a U2711 at home and we use U2716's at work.

I genuinely prefer my old U2711.
The new touch controls (which that U2715H seems to share) are absolute cancer.
On the older model it's also way easier to access the USB ports and it has an SD card reader.
Dell is obviously cutting corners to reduce production costs.

Was kind of surprised by that when trying to find a new monitor, the development progress has been really slow.

The 2717D has physical buttons, but the input lag is ridiculous.

Is the input lag really that bad?
Was thinking of getting one.

Yes it seems so, tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2717d.htm. Twice as bad as the U2715H in fact. The version they tested was one of the earlier ones, I haven't been able to confirm that this has been fixed in newest versions. This is the only reason I'm not choosing the U2717D. To be fair, if it is strictly for office use etc., it will probably not be an issue.

>8ms response time

Christ. This is why I still use TN panels.