/guts/

Where are the /guts/?

>R7 1700 @ 3.8
>EVGA GTX1080Ti Black Meme Edition
>16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 CL 14
>256gb Kingston Boot SSD, 480GB Vidya SSD
>1TB WD Blue 7,200RPM

I never understood the desire to looks personally, my computers are a mix match of hardware that's upgraded like a rolling release distro. Here's my KVM host

Fx 8320
16gb ram
Gtx 660 (host assignment)
r9 290 (VM assignment)
A few different ssd's and hdd's.

Sexy af dude

Christ, that's hideous. But it looks functional and if you're happy in happy :)

>buy huge case
>utilize none of it
every time

>Ryzen
A man of culture

hello fellow AMD gentlemen

>Christ, that's hideous. But it looks functional and if you're happy in happy :)
Sometimes hideous guts can be fun, too!

Summer dust out, feels good.
First time taking the new graphics card apart to replace the paste.

Thats the 400Q right? does that padding shit do anything to reduce noise? are temps ridiculous due to solid front?
also is there a dust filter along the bottom you can remove from the front without moving it say if the case has its back up against a wall?

>dust guy still hasn't worked out positive pressure and dust filters.
Mate it's dead simple in an antec 300 - you have a front air filter, fucking clean it and get some higher pressure fans for the front and kill that stupid top fan.

It's a fractal R4.
Bottom dust cover removes from the back. Haven't done much testing with the padding but it's pretty quiet.

Are they supposed to be purple or pink? I notice purple leds always come out pink in photos unless you tweak it afterwards.

I don't give a shit about dust, I'm maximizing cooling desu. Positive air pressure is generally a bad idea for open fan GPU coolers, which has the effect of swirling around stagnant hot air.

I run a slight negative pressure, somewhat equalized by the vents in the side window. But with this setup airflow at every point of the case it consistent.

I've owned this case for like 4-5 years and its served me very well, although not at all designed for a closed loop watercooler.

>so much fucking dust
Do you even vacuum your carpet though?

Like holy fuck that's worse than Whyalla mate.

>Bottom dust cover removes from the back
for this reason alone I'm consider the define c/meshify

I hadn't heard of meshify, that geometric front is sexy.

Why isn't anybody making normal cases anymore?
All I want is width comparable to the R4, 140mm fan mounts all around, one or two 5.25'' bays, three 3.5'' and three 2.5'' drive bays, a mesh front for nice airflow and ideally a front panel Type C Gen2 connector.
Instead everyone makes these stupid glass and RGB choked bling boxes.

WHAT THE FUCK NIGGER

>muh functionally irrelevant dust build up
Its literally pedantic Mac Fag tier autism. Heatsinks and fan inlets get regular cleans, the airflow through this PC is such that under full load, gtx 660, r9 290 and overclocked 8320 are barely audible.

Function > form, or go back to re'ddit

Dust compromises function.

Dust on the top of ssds and the chassis, do not. Yet thick dust filters do.

Because plebs love tempered glass and case makers love it too, since fo the first time ever, cases can be smashed and required expensive spares (or even total replacement! exciting!).

R5 does exist though...
So does Antec P280 (limited to 120mm on front and rear though) and Corsair 300C/Q/T

Those are definitely fine, but I specifically want something with an unobstructed front.
My R4 has been great, but the airflow is pretty bad.

Moving dust can cause undue static electricity and fry components.
Also, I don't think anyone here is having any issues with airflow mate, you're just lazy.

300C then.
It's only got a front mesh.

P280 can also just have the door taken off...

>not keeping your case open for superior airflow

Can u gutsposters go back to Sup Forums?

>windows users label their physical volumes

The 450D looks pretty nice too.

>moving dust can fry components
Top kek, go back to you IT support course lil lad. The absolute state of Sup Forums

What's your point?

>tfw fell for the TG meme
>tfw muh enthoo evolv micro-ATX does not even have proper ways to secure the TG to the case, relying only on the back hinges and frontal magnets

What's wrong with bottom cover removable from the front though, like the Define R5?

I know this feel, user. Caselabs is still a thing, but they're expensive as hell.

>dat gpu sag

Hi Artful Dodger.

>i7 6700k
>Corsair h100i cooler
>Titan V
>32 gb DDR 4 RAM
>Samsung SSD 950 pro 256 gb PCI-E
>Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SATA SSD
>750w PSU

Just wondering when somebody will figure out how to utilize tensor cores as shaders for graphics processing, but until then it's still better than 2 titan XP's in SLI.

>Ryzen
>1080 Ti
What resolution do you play at, 4K?

>can afford titan v
>has 6700k
>closed loop cooler

It must be hard being that retarded.

sup

>Asus Mars 2xGTX760

Noice

I hate to meme, but how's the heat on VEGA?

>3.9 GHZ
>media bays I'll never use
>eyesore case
>NVMeme

Roast me faggots

Eh, waiting another generation or so for cpu upgrade. And closed loop has given no issues.

But still, call me retarded, but I'm clearly smarter than you at making cash ;^)

Case?

i7- 6700k @5.0ghz
GTX 1070 @2.0Ghz

when are you gonna upgrade that heat beast of a 390?

i just recently hocked my 390's (i had them in crossfire) for a 1080 ti msi armor.

how are the 1080s? i heard they cant be put into sli.

That sags hurts my soul. Have you seen the jaytwocents video on card sag? I would start there its free.

You want to know if I watch videos about gpu sag?

Lol, no. The only tech related videos I watch is techmoan's about old shit once in a while.

And it's not sag, the block is just tightened so hard the card is bending. Like I care anyway, when the warranty is out it's time for an upgrade anyway with gpu's.
Got it on a hour sale right when they came out for like $200, so I'll probably earn money when I sell it.

I actually cracked one of the corners of the gpu-die when doing a lazy mount with that EK block too. Still works, kek.

They do sli. They're not meant to go more than 2 anymore though. They're more optimized for HB bridge SLI, which makes it a bit more efficient.

>rich people
gr8 gaming machine
argh the gpu

if that's a dual 1070 like I suspect, why are you replacing the paste after a year max?

titan v is 3k, that's nothing. post a mil plus house, and we'll know you're smarter at making cash

i too am autistic and bought vega and i fucking love my vega 56.

i'm not that op but i am and my vega 56 in balance mode doesn't go above 190 watts total system and runs in the 1400mhz range. vega can be very efficient and produce a normal amount of heat because of it if you don't go overboard with the clocks. the main reason why people call it a house fire is because people take vega 64 and up the power limit 50-100% to try to reach 1600 - 1800mhz. of course that's going to be neighborhood fire tier.

also turbo profile is turbo profile. its designed to ignore power limit and go for the max boost speed it can get with the cooling apparatus tossed on it. if i switched from the default balance mode profile on my vega 56 and switch to the turbo profile my 56 will use up to around 220-230 watts total power and hit close to 1600mhz. but i don't because the blower fan will run above 50% and became very noticeable over my case fans. i can't justify the extra power consumption and heat for an extra ~150-200mhz.

dual 1060. Might as well when you take the shroud off to clean the fans.

Rate my guts, fellas.

I played around with taking the front panel off, and I saw a huge temp drop. Like 4-5c on GPU and 6-7c on Cpu. Same fan profile, etc.
Anyone ever mod an s340 front panel for air flow? I was thinking about dremeling out some squares and putting on dust filters. Is it worth?

unless you have robot hands, you won't dremel out squares, and it will look ugly.

Heatsink looks a tad dusty. It could just be the shot making it look worse than it is though. Tighten the cpu fan cable behind the grommet. Upgrade your gpu. No complaints otherwise

If you use JUST a dremel, sure. But only a retard would use just a dremel. Dremel to remove the bulk of the material, then hand file to set the final lines.