How can i tell if a website is running a bitcoin miner when i visit? is that even a thing?

how can i tell if a website is running a bitcoin miner when i visit? is that even a thing?

your phone will get really really hot

and if i'm not using a phone?

look at cpu and gpu usage stats

if not using a manual fan controller your fans will rev up like a jet engine

>streaming anime
>discover the streaming site is actually running a miner
>still got to watch free content
We both win so whats the problem?

If I don't have fans, only few followers and couple subscribers?

Use Chrome. It warns you.

that'll be why it sounded like my tower was gonna take off. thanks

you need to go to the Sup Forums discord for youtube
they sit in it and give each other views, likes, subs etc. they co-ordinate and make posts of Sup Forums regularly. as for the info.

the post will be a plain youtube icon with something like "how's that channel coming along"

i am using chrome but it wasn't popping anything up. is there an extension or is it supposed to be standard?

Thank you very much! I'll begone! :^)

I'm just using a Chromium 44 on Debian 8 and it always warns me when I come to some shitty mining sites. In fact, it asks me, do I want this site to use my resources for mining or not. Don't really know how exactly does it work. Sry

Oh, and also, I'm always in incognito mode. Not sure if it's important or not.

fair enough, thanks for your help

>mining bitcoin
Ah, you complete crypto-normie. You meant Monero.

>Use Chrome not a month ago
>The usual browsing, maybe I went to the wrong website once or twice but nothing that could be considered as dangerous
>Protect your device from dangerous websites was enabled
>PC slowing down to a crawl, shit not being normal
>Miner running on the background, some stupid ass trojan
>Comes from stored web data from Chrome
>Delete that shit
>It's still there when syncing
>Only way to put it out is through Reset Sync

Man... I wish it did what you said.

what site is this?

kissanime

how can you tell also unbookmarked rep my list

One of the first things I do is install an always-visible cpu monitor, net i/o monitor, and hd activity monitor, on both my pc and my phone. It's just second nature to notice any unusual cpu or net activity. Then you don't need a lot of special single-use crap.

F12 look for iframe.

You can set miners not to use 100% of the cpu, i have my miner on my site set to 65%... No one ever noticed it.

It's not free if you are paying the extra energy usage.

You little shit

I get most of my traffic from traffic exchange websites and demo pc's from local stores so it ok :^)

if its a demo pc just fucking set it at 100%

you will hear or feel it. makes laptop fans run at full speed or throttles cpu if its a shitty model and makes mobile devices hot and probably makes desktop fans run faster.

>implying that the greedy fucks wont run it 100%
just like we moved from nice static banner ads to flash to video and mini games popups/unders and other gay shit.

They would notice if every laptop and desktop would spin loud as fighter jet'. It's free money anyways so idc if i get less. Lucky for me that they have no security but an overlay with the specs so I dont even have to hide it properly. I hope they will put an imac pro on display.

Adblockers could block miners too. So if retards would run their miners on max on their memesites more normies would get adblockers. Admoney is a lot better than mining some cryptoshit, that's why I have it only on 65% and I hope other website owners would understand this too.