>youtube

Youtube is owned by Google

Google is ownbed by Alphabet

>charges 45% of all ad revenue their youtube partners make

>have to resort to using patreon, where they take 5% of your donations

Are we living in a commie state filled with technocrats? Because this doesn't seem good. I'm getting worried about tens of thousands of kids who think they can become famous (((youtubers))). This is just insane.

I think more people need self control and need to stop using technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EHqybEnPqbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's the cost of doing business, there's no alternative to YouTube that can offer anywhere near as much ad revenue except possibly twitch which is exclusively livestreaming and while you can use your own site to set up a patreon-like subscription model they handle payment issues, web hosting and other administration that would be expensive or time consuming for small independent creators to do themselves, so their current model is quite fair (not the new model they quickly scrapped yesterday, though)

Pewdiepie did this. Innocent ASMR content creators are being demonetized now. I haven't listened to any ASMR in months so I didn't know this until yesterday. Patreon bux is easier to get if you are female. I like of dudes too who do it too (no-homo).

Pewdiepie was a scapegoat, advertisers were wary of paying too much to run ads on unverifiable content which may make their brands look bad so they fabricated some media outrage about pewdiepie and used it to force youtube's hand.
Youtube isn't blameless, as usual they're doing things as hevyhandedly as possible.

Who are you quoting?

What does this have to do with Communism?

Google made alphabet you cuck.

What did pewdiememe do? I haven't heard the drama.

youtu.be/EHqybEnPqbQ

Tl;DW
These companies aren't stupid uneducated adults who think their ads are on Isis videos, the advertisers are the same companies who own the "classic media" that said that their ads are on Isis videos.
The bigger companies own both the advertisers and the classic media so they want to kill YouTube and google bebcuase they have the biggest share of advertising ever and these companies want ads about their content on their services.

So is pewdiepie racist or are they exaggerating?

He's an entertainer, they're over reacting because the people who own them told them to do so; so youtube dies.

racist doesn't even mean anything anymore

How would they even kill what youtube started? If youtube dies, what's stopping another guy making a video hosting website with a similar interface hosted on a non-cuckold country?

>hurr pay me so I can make money by lounging around the house all day playing video games
sorta sounds commie to me.

Who are you quoting?

>muh ad revenue
if you want 100% of your ad revenue why don't you host your own videos on your own website?

What's the problem? Youtube isn't even making a profit.

Like Donald Trump

Who are you quoting?

Cost process video,storage and streaming is so high making only YouTube could make massive scale.

jewtubers don't know how money works

every "youtuber" ever and probably you aswell.

because youtube isnt profitable. so far only google can handle that kind of costs and still push out an okay product. the amount of effort it takes to keep youtube running vastly outweighs the money it brings in.

good think isps are about to fuck them in the ass huh. maybe well finally be free.

Again, where is the Communism?

>corporations and business charge you money
>wtf is this communism?

>Corporations literally doing exactly what Karl Marx said they do
>What is this Communism?
You understand these words have meaning right? Communism isn't everything you don't like Sup Forumstard.

Now read how much it costs to store your "manchild spergout video #85304853049 now in 4K" and now you realize they aren't making a lot of money from it at all

You think these braindead retards give a shit about learning the meaning of words.

People were doing stupid shit to get famous, way before youtube was around. Thats the whole reason hollywood exists. Youtube has only made it easier. Its the freedom we must wrestle with as a free society. So no.