Why didn't Spain and Portugal kill all the natives here?

Why didn't Spain and Portugal kill all the natives here?

I think the majority of Latin America is either Mestizo or Mullatto.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OucccI1pcFw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandeirantes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusotropicalism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unfortunately no, they didn't kill them all

i was also disappointed when i learned that Anglo America also failed to erradicate the eternal injun

90% of Natives died under French/Anglo rule

"unfortunately" be careful, you people don't want to cut yourselves with all that edge

should have killed them all, look at this shit in pic related
shame on you USA and Canada, shame *dingalingaling* shame

We were a bit more than a million. Spain was a bit more than 4 millions. There was just no way. We did this before the industrial revolution.

Spain did kill them at first, but we enslaved them and converted them to christianity. Then Spain copied us. Fast Five actually explains it better: youtube.com/watch?v=OucccI1pcFw

They weren't really meant to be more than mines, at first, so we didn't give a shit, and had no real way of working all that land. Eventually the slave-owners grew to like the place, and stayed and made it habitable for a while. We didn't really bring a lot of them back, as we preferred Japanese slaves on the mainland.

they belong in a museum

imagine how we could romanticize them, like we do with persians, assyrians and aztecs, if ALL of them had died

because of retardation, END THREAD.

t. rodrigo long horse

again thsi meme, England was 2 million at the time as well, you send thousands and they have 10 kids and such, just end it, admit your country had retarded policy.

Uhh the Brits didn't kill all the natives either

There are plenty of Native Americans in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more here than anywhere in Latin America

Spanish people are naturally darker.

I don't get it. Were we evil or not?

Why would you kill your source for mining for gold and metals in the americas?

you were what ever Jew wants to profit.

Compared to the Brits you're evil

Britain and France left behind great nations, while Spain left Africa tier shitholes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Spain did not "kill them" at first, the Aztec empire had an infrastructure of roads, aqueducts, agriculture, etc. which became the first real source of wealth apart from pillaging the gold of natives, which for peoples other than the Aztec and the Inca was not exactly a profitable proposition in numbers.

While exploitative the encomienda system wasn't quite the same as slavery either, most of the abuses were in fact against the Spanish law of Indies.

People do not exist in order to fulfill the romantic fantasies of Europeans, I realize jerking off to genocide is a powerful fetish for you people, but you are delussional in thinking this was not a mistake.

Australia, Canada, New Zealand are all some of the best places in the world

t. ad hominem signature meme

>you send thousands and they have 10 kids and such
England had 6 million, actually. Portugal is tiny and Spain is a huge desert. Shit, we ran out of good trees to build ships at some point, even. And we had a shit-ton of colonies, too.

You can't feed 10 kids in the 15th century, mate. There's just not enough reliable means of sustaining a village. We also didn't send women there, just men at work, hence the Mestiço rape-babies.

You can't blame the first guy to do it wrong, we had to learn it all by ourselves.

Besides, America and Canada were specifically meant to be colonies, not farms. That's why they sent women there almost as soon as they had those territories.

I meant mostly in the south. I'm not very versed in the specifics of Spanish history and territory management as you can imagine, though.

/thread

To be fair Kenya,Ghana, South Africa and Nambia are really almost south america tier, meaning you have well to do people and functional government, but the government is corrupt and the division of wealth is huge. But never the less, still higher than most of the african countries.

Yeah, and the Brits took people there two whole centuries after Portugal and Spain, with much better technology.

We were sending people during times where 2 or 3 boats of a 10 boat fleet wouldn't make it.

nice cherrypicking
tell me how Nigeria is much better than Mexico for example, just try to justify Tanzania over Argentina

of course it was a mistake, it should have been 100% dead, indio de mierda

Yes, migrants from all over the world seem to think so.

I actually agree, colonisation was a mistake.
We should have just opened up trade.
>you will never go on vacation to the Aztec Empire and try a taco fit fot Moctezuma
>you were not born in your own country

No you're not well versed in it all, women did make it into New Spain as soon as the situation normalized enough, what do you think Criollos were just a myth?

I don't have to be a native American to tell you to your face you're a jerk off loser

>as soon as the situation normalised enough
Yes, that's what I meant. But they only went AFTER stabilisation.

why kill it when you can fuck it? no wonder you are all virgins

I'm talking not a couple of decades after the fall of Tenochtitlan, that is the 1530's

Spanish and Portuguese women are hotter than natives IMO

Yeah, but they were purer and only for after marriage. Don't forget we were very catholic, women particularly so.

Besides, the natives were there, all ready and sad about their dead chieftain father's head on a poke, and the wife was all the way back in Portugal.

We have very few

Well you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a lot of them now, wouldn't you?

Funny enough so would you

Most brazillians according to your census are Mestizos

>Funny enough so would you
What do you mean?

don't know about Portugal but the Spanish and the Catholic Kings were relatively good people, no matter how the anglo propaganda want you to believe.
>buah buah muh genocide
>today the continent is full of indians, even USA and Argentina are getting overrun by them.
>and to the point modern Spaniard first world wannabes complaining about muh sudacas everywhere but delighted by nigger and mudslime cock

This is a mestiza, is it plausible you might mistake her for a Mediterranean woman?

Hotter women are harder to put out. Two, you enslaved a native population and you can do whatever. Three, pussy is pussy. Put them together with horny explorers sitting on boats with no women really except a few in the later trips, and there you go.

Her skin definitely looks darker, but the features are okay. Although these are selected to look European, so it's kind of rigged.

My ex was half Irish and she was only slightly lighter (from her Irish side), so who knows.

Most are pardos, which means brown.
IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics) categories are very simplified. During the census a sample of the population will self declare as one of these: white, brown, red (indian), yellow (asian) or black.

Pardos in Brazil are usually a mix of africans and europeans.

well AFAIK from brazilian tv, there were some portuguese colonizers that would downright exterminate all natives so they could claim the land ahead of spaniards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandeirantes
that's in the lasts stages of expansion, in the beginning they also did the mestizaje approach and made alliances with some natives to erradicate others

That came much later, and was an expansion of the territory during the Iberian Union times.

Before that we were actually pretty nice to the natives, so they'd work for us:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusotropicalism

That's true.
Also we got the least populated part of the Americas while the spanish colonies had the Inca and Aztec empires.

It's called a tan dumb fuck, people don't tan in Portugal? Yes, they've been "selected" by 500 years of men prefering women who conform to a European beauty standard. Admitedly women tend to be darker here and light colored eyes are less common but most pretty girls here, and we don't get any less than in any other country, could pass as Iberian.

I know there are a lot of Natives around Manaus, but I did see a lot of native looking people when I visited Rio and São Paulo

Are they immigrants from other parts of Latin America?

>people don't tan in Portugal?
They do, but not that much, usually. Memes aside, we have a lot of pale cunts, desu.

We have people darker than her, sure, but she'd still be an outlier.

>Before that we were actually pretty nice to the natives, so they'd work for us
same here, most alliances were done by "blood" (in other words, cucking the chieftain or marrying his daughter) and that's how mestizaje was firmly stablished
doesn't take away the fact that in all of the Americas pacts were made with ONE tribe in detriment of others. the word Guarany itself means "enemy warriors". Aztecs weren't wiped out by a ragtag band of 100 spaniards, they were defeated by 100 spaniards and 3000 natives from a rival tribe that were promised victory and war spoils. those are just few examples

Britain outlawed slavery first and let colonies like the US be independent while Spain and Portugal were still being relatively evil

What about her? Do you also get a lot of darker people?

There were a bit more than just 3,000 and those were city states, not tribes.

what were the names? i only remember zapoteca and olmeca but i dunno if they were involved

We outlawed it first on the mainland, but we let the colonies keep them. I don't actually know if we still had Brasil at that time, though.

She's more the kind of tan we get yeah. Obviously, model features don't occur that often.

You said that women tan more, but here they are visibly paler, since they don't work outside as much, and just tan a bit in the summer.

I thought France outlawed slavery first after the French Revolution

>2016
>There are still people living in the Old world a.k.a europe instead of the new world

If they killed all the natives then they would have to import millions of africans as slaves to run those huge colonies. All of latin america would look like Brazil and we would have niggers migrating into the US instead.

Zapotecs are a different ethnic group, thel also had city states and built monumental architecture but they were Aztec vassals in Oaxaca, the Olmecs came long before, following the classic model of comparing Maya to Greeks and Aztecs to Romans they would have been something like Mesopotamia.

The Tlaxcaltecs were the allies of Cortez, they were Nahua, meaning they shared the same ethnicity and culture as the Aztecs, they had been granted some amount of independence following their expuslsion from Anahuac given Aztecs needed others to fight flower wars against.

No, we did it in 1761, French did it in 1792, so 31 years later.

We did a lot of shit ahead of everybody else and got fucked by History because we didn't have note-taking pussies. Even the records we have of the feats are basically reconstructed from enemy records and 3rd parties, for the most part.

Is that any worse than the Mestizo?

I've heard in Florida that Haitian immigrants are much better than the average Cuban or Puerto Rican

I feel like Colombia and Venezuela are the most mixed Spanish speaking countries with large Black/Native/White populations

Am I far off?

>Latins had sex with Amerindians/Africans to create this.
Was it worth it?

tlaxcaltecos, that
... how the fuck do you pronounce it? daamn

unfair comparison
1st gen immigrants are always better than 2nd gen and the next

yes, the most mixed one is Paraguay
we basically just call ourselves paraguayans. you put on the t-shirt, you're already one of us

>France left behind great nations
What the fuck?

looks good for me

Same here, women aren't generally outside trying to look darker although a light healthy tan is fashionable. Same girl with a tan, I don't know if you're starting to get it but you keep a mestiza out of the sun and she isn't all that different from an Iberian. Nevermind I've been to Spain and I've seen some very dark locals, I don't expect the Portuguese look all that much more Nordic.

Cubans and Ricans aren't mestizos. They're either white, muttalo or significantly black. I've actually heard the opposite regarding Haitians in new York though

Paraguay didn't have very many Africans unless if I'm mistaken

t.oaxaqueño

>Blaming poverty on the poor
Kys

You can see all of our "black" population in this pic

Not far. I'd say Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil

we outfucked them :D

Whoa, look at all that blue land later conquered and developed by anglos.

I generally prefer posting girls and judging from that but that guy doesn't look bad, and in fact he wouldn't be out of place in Mexico even if we don't really have black admixture.

Just like you read it, x can be difficult for non mexicans as it can sound like j or ch in adition to the the standard x sound, but in case it is pronounced standard, it really isn't that difficult for us but we are used to Nahuatl names.

>Why didn't Spain and Portugal kill all the natives here?
Spaniards did killed the injuns in masse, the thing is that precolumbian latin-america was much more densely populated than north america.

Nah man, I'm from Sinaloa

Because they were a bunch of hairy, sweaty and smelly men travelling on a ship for months and months in the middle of the ocean with other men, rats, dry and hard cookies, salty water as far as the eye can see, starving, bored and sexually frustrated.

Now imagine that you spent almost a year in such conditions and the moment you step on dry land you see naked brown chicks everywhere.
Are you going to kill them? Nah I don't think so.

Doesn't look that bad. He needs to shave tho.

The Brits had no problems killing them

That's another problem, spaniards had this mentality of becoming rich in the americas and then go back to spain, they never had the intention of starting a new life in the continent so they rarely bring their families with them.

Brit men shagged each other like the fags they were.

>boohoo dindu nuthin'
tell me about potato famine, couldn't you just plant other vegetables or was it the scarcity of potcheen?

rekt

They brought women

New France was on its way to being mixed too.

The Metis would've been the majority in New France if the Brits never took it

at least Spain banned slavery in medieval times, but allowed it in viceroyalties
Also genocide >>>>> slavery in my book of evil

They killed a ton of natives considering the diseases, it's just that the places they colonized had huge native popualtion. Much bigger than in the US.

Argentina and Uruguay for example had similar native populations in behaviour and number compared to the US and as such had similar policies regarding natives.

diseases finished them off
there was no actual genocide and they fucked the remaining qts

they had made the decision to fully stay and colonize, unlike spaniards, see

It wasn't like that, the problem wasn't just reliance on a single crop, even Peruvians can't live on just potatoes, but beef becoming a valuable comodity which really affected agricultural use of land and, more importantly, threw local subsistence econnomics out of whack. It's a pretty controversial, politically charged issue with some people even denying there was a famine at all or arguing over the fine point that it was simply the poor couldn't afford food... Ugly bit of history there

Many reasons: 1. numeric superiority of Indians. Many of them where fine warriors and domained vasts territories. Spanish military presence was weak so they couldn't rule their whole domains. The pacification of an indian nation would take a lot of resources they couldn't afford. So Pacifications campaigns took dozens of years, sometimes centuries at some cases.
2. In 17th century The Vatican acknowledged the humanity of indians, so the Spaniard Crown couldn't exterminate them and enslave them but protect them under the institution of la Encomienda (i don't know its translation) which was another kind of slavery.

You'd also be surprised on how many of them mixed with the natives though. Since there are so few of them and the mixing happened so long ago you don't see their phenotype anymore. That's how the "I'm 1/16 Cherokee" meme started

I dunno, if I were a native I'd still rather be in British rules territory than Spanish or Portuguese rule

The Brits brought Europe with them here

The brits wanted to exploit the natives like the spaniards did. the problem is that they were late to the party and got the empty colonies, so they had to bring settlers to exploit instead.

Europe was only for the europeans though
which is why we all got independent, after all. even British Guyana

so it was a holodomor before holodomor was mainstream?

So, the Brits were worse than us?
That's new...

There were millions of Iroquois and Algonquin here though

And yet both countries produced large mestizo populations, that they were later "whitened" by further waves of European migration is a different phenomenon and not unlike what happened in the US, while there's no doubt British colonials were far more intolerant of miscegenation the fact remains that it did occur, also black slaves were present from almost the very start, they do in fact pre-date most of the large waves of European migrants, and Americans unlike Latins were allowed to change their name, there had already been quite a bit of mixing before laws against it were passed in the US. There's now even some black descendants of some of the American founding fathers. Quite a bit of denial and skeletons in the closet north of the border.

t.chichimeca