What do Russians learn about winter war at school?

What do Russians learn about winter war at school?
Are they portrayed as agressors or do the russian history books try to justify their actions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_life_of_Joseph_Stalin#Name_and_aliases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Teacher said SU attacked because Finland refused to swap their peace of southern clay to our northern clay to make Saint-Petersburg protected from finnish side so SU attacked Finland because finns refused to give guarantees they will stay neutral in case of future soviet-german war
That's it.
She also mentioned soviet losses were big and finns fought bravely and SU was kicked out from league of nations.

but was there no discussion about weather this attack was morally right or wrong?

Why wouldn't they "justify" their actions?

They were winners of the WWII. Winners write the history but I think you already knew it...

Morals are subjective and relative

Teachers shouldn't be injecting ideology, only knowledge

winter war was before WWII, my finnish friend

FIDLAD STORNK

i dunno why finns constantly remember it, i almost forgot it existed till i began to meet raving finns on the internet

it was briefly taught, the main reason of it it's said that finland was an openly hostile country which was too close to leningrad which needed a buffer zone, since the world war was already expected

because this country is so shit and irrevelant that winter war was the only time it shined

maybe because russia never said sorry?

Tough times are not for sorry.

for russians any time is tough kek

It seems like you're confusing us with someone else.
protip:Canadians

Why would we say sorry to hostile Finland which genocided thousands and thousands ordinary russians between ww1 and ww2? Usually even ordinary normies finns cynically smth like YES LMAO WE KILLED THEM HAHAHA IT WAS ALL FOR OUR SECURITY SCUM DESERVED TO DIE

I would welcome if we both apologized to each other but they will never do it, they all like victimplaying and are envy of what jews turned their "tragedy" into

> for poles any time is tough kek

top kek that's true haha lmao well except last 12 years of leeching eu money ok haha lmao kurwa lmao

what a fool

> Usually even ordinary normies finns cynically say

according to russian Sup Forums posters I said the truth, I didn't take that statement from the sky

hahaha i laugh to all russians their country is so pathetic gets rekted even by ukraine haha russians do us just a favor and kill yourself xDD

Russians are humancrabs. They can't build anything, they only make things rotten and then find new places to destroy.

You will NEVER get reparations

after the continuation war Finland paid reparations to the soviets

if anyone should say sorry it should be the Finns for betraying your troops in Scandinavia as part of the peace deal

>reparations

From literally bangladesh tier country?

exactly

Sto b8ing m8

Finns=Finland vatniks.

Probably because the finns btfo a million blyat army (?

Actually 2 thousands of billions.

haha t getting owned by hohol´s and mongols
even now moscow is full of muslims and soon russia will islamic state while being manipulated by the jews

Ukrainian immigrant detected

btw you moron

well, we were naughty 70 years ago, but we said sorry and people like us more now. why cant russia do the same

thats not a very nice thing of finns to do, and the loss of life of russian conscripts is a tradegy, but you have to understand, that their country was invaded by you, so it is naturally very hard for a finn to feel sympathy for the invaders

because most finns are kc tier autists who are proud of something they never even witnessed as if they were part of it in some way

i just want to punch every WINTER WAR 6-1 SAUNA MÄMMI BARK BEARD autist i see

> not a very nice thing of finns to do

not a very nice

Well, starting winter war was NOT A VERY NICE too. But if someone acts "not a very nice", it's not expected to force him pay reparations or stand on knees, kiss finnish boot and cry apologizing.

> loss of life of russian conscripts is a tradegy

oh thank you

such a good tolerant german

usually you're all tolerant towards everyone except ruskies

>usually you're all tolerant towards everyone except ruskies
you might get that impression from german media which is rather hostile towards russia.
But the majority of german population has a more balanced view.

Elites define the image of country. Doesn't matter what ordinary german drivers, janitors, housewives, workers think, but stance of german elites and main media is more important

Sorry Finland.

>well, we were naughty 70 years ago, but we said sorry and people like us more now. why cant russia do the same

Wouldn't be too sure of that, you've had dozens of chances and blew all of them. Never trust the eternal kraut.

>1939-1940
>before WWII

I am sorry you feel this way.
But I can understand it, considering what we have done in the past. Trust must be earned and I hope one day you will be able to see us as your friends

well, our economic elites are pretty strongly against the sanctions

>igor see blitz krieg
>igor want own blitz krieg
>get ass handed
>m-muh hostile finns and g-genocide!!! giga blyad ;D

If finns were actually peaceful and progressive, they would have recognized their crimes.

Turkey doesn't want to recognize armenian genocide. That's because Turkey is a backwards hellhole. But Finland, what is your excuse?

I'm not warmongering I said it before
> I would welcome if we both apologized to each other but they will never do it, they all like victimplaying and are envy of what jews turned their "tragedy" into

It's insane how delusionals and fundamentally evil Russians are.

Truly one of the worst """"""""""people"""""""""" on Earth.

are you implying that both russians and finns are equally to blame?
I mean, you are the one who did the invading thing

t. Ukrainian immigrant

lmfao stay mad faggot

you talking bout the civil war?

Yes, he's claiming that 600 executions constitutes a genocide.

I'm ready to apologize for russian crimes

But finns don't want to apologize for their crimes

that's... the problem

No

I'm talking about massacre of russians who stayed in finland after commie revolution.
> Usually even ordinary normies finns cynically say smth like YES LMAO WE KILLED THEM HAHAHA IT WAS ALL FOR OUR SECURITY SCUM DESERVED TO DIE

Nope, try again

well, maybe you should do the first step then?

They will not do the next step huh

They clearly say it. They don't feel they should apologize (because russians aren't human beings and it's allowed to kill and slash them).

well, at the end of the day, you cant make other to feel sorry for their crimes
only thing you can do is to apologize for your own crimes

never even heard bout it

i dont think it happened

russians are known to make up shit

The finns are too autistic to care, and the russians are so narrow-minded that they think they are owed an apology for invading finland.

/thread

They learn that it happened. Mention high losses and the result. That's it.

Sure

government never said it
government never lies
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”

hehe

Russians have to be 100% cucked in the head to be patriotic about the Soviet Union. Stalin was a Georgian. Communism and nationalism are completely incompatible. The talk about the "motherland" in the Soviet Union was blatant propaganda that they only bothered to use on the lowest of the plebeians.

I hate soviet union

It's just really considered too insignificant here to even care about, it is completely overshadowed by the following after that war with Germany.

Never met a Russian who liked the USSR but some were nostalgic about certain aspects of life in it. The Germans have that too, they call it "Ostalgia"

Yep, attacking poland and finland, starting ww2 and having your yearly party about it.

>Russia is nationalistic
Stop that meme. People who admire and praise Stalin here have the same status as people who aprove Iraqi war in the US.

>starting ww2
understood

>Teachers shouldn't be injecting ideology, only knowledge
it's not about russian media and education.

>attacking Finland
Yes, that is too irrelevant even comparing to attacking Poland.
>attacking Poland
Attacking the country that already lost its capital, almost whole army and when the government was.already evacuated. Furthermore we took lands that Poland took from us 20 years before that furthermore Poland was hostile towards SU, furthermore not letting Germany to occupy ukrainian and belorussian lands closer to Moscow. Well THAT's what I call justified and it's actually learnt in history classes as one of stages of preparation for the war and I really can't understand how is it starting the war, Poland was dead already, if germans took that land they could win in 1941 already.

The Polish land USSR took was agreed upon with Germany before they even invaded. There's a difference between preparing for war and starting it.

We took less than we agreed with germans. Again, germans started it, polish army was already crushed, red army barely faced any resistance. You better tell: what would happen if SU didn't take these lands? Pro tip: they would be taken by Germany and Moscow and they would have those precious kilometeres they lacked in 1941 to take Moscow. We pretty much saved ourselves by taking that land. So how is that "starting the war"?

:3

>and I really can't understand how is it starting the war, Poland was dead already, if germans took that land
Except it all happened because of Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact.

>Well THAT's what I call justified

Katyn was justified?

The real problem with russians is they have never really faced the shit they made. There is still some kind of Stalin is a cool guy spirit in there.

Germans went ahead and they made the peace with their past. They are clean now.

You couldve prevented it, you couldve joined us.

And occupation of Czechoslovakia happened thanks to München agreement. Does this mean UK and France started WWII? Germans would crush you anyway, we didn't even help them.

Hitler is only "bad" because he lost, many see it like that secretly.

>german education

You know what happened to germans. Because unlike Hitler Stalin lead SU to somewhat success. The biggest one in our history and Hitler failed his country THAT miserably, feel the difference?

Russia is still a 3rd world shithole filling the last rows in every fucking stat.

>muh stalin

I would like to see how Stalin wouldve acted in Hitlers position.
Or Stalin handling the entire world declaring war on him.

No, Hitler was bad because he was a autocratic, oppressive tyrant. If Germans don't agree with that they're retarded.

Stalin is only better with regard to the fact he didn't try and play armchair general.

Nah, sorry, that is one of the greatest fallacies of current neo-nazis.
Hitler wanted us dead and we knew it, hell, most of Germans were buying "Poland is just a transient state" propaganda.

And all delusions about "maybe Germans were only talking about total krieg, they are civilized people, right?" were dispelled as early as during the very first day of war.

It was much worse. You know that. 50's, 60's and 70's brought the greatest improvment of quality of life of russians. And Stalin built the base for it. Yes it was a base of bones and blood but it still was a base of success so you should understand why many people still love him.

As I wrote he was a murderer who built the base for further development of the country. And in 1945-1949 he actually saved the whole countre from your nukes by extreme rushing of atomic bomb project. Prisoners were building the fucking nuclear reactor using horses in the middle of fucking nowhere and these thousands of lifes saved millions.
>hurr durr we wouldn't attack you we are good guys
Churchill was openly asking american president for that and you had plan "Dropshot" to nuke us from existance in 1950. Luckily the first bomb was ready in 1949.

Not much different from the life today, just a different package.

It was a war m8, there wasn't a right side. If you were leading the SU, would your morals feel good compromising the security of your capitol? If you were a Finn, would your morals feel good letting the SU have a really heavy-handed trade?

The soviet union felt so threatened by a small shithole of 3 million uneducated poor peasants that they not only tried to invade and annex the country under the pretense of a false flag attack but also set up a communist puppet government housed in kremlin that they claimed was the rightful government of funland. They even shot artillery at their own troops and claimed it was finns.

And apparently they're coming up with new bullshit about some russians being executed after WW1 to justify trying to destroy finland, at least according to this thread.

Ryssä really are just pieces of treacherous shit. yбить ceбя дepьмo eдoки.

>Stalin is only better with regard to the fact he didn't try and play armchair general.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
'breath'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But seriously, Stalin was so much, much worse than Hitler.
Hitler as bad armchair general was a myth popularized by German commanders writing after the end of WW2, who pushed most of their retarded decision on "ze bad nazi fuhrer".
True, Hitler had many retarded ideas, but along with them he had quite few good ones, if not outright brilliant, like Eben Emael, for example.
Stalin?
For fucks sake, we are talking about a man who decimated his own officer corps just before the war.
There are fucking jokes in Russia itself how bad Stalin was as a commander.

>2016
>Finland is a first world country with high HDI
>Russia is a third world shithole
Enjoy starvation vatniks :DDDDDD Russians literally beg to get into this country to clean our toilets.

Until Beck came into office it was even forbidden to speak bad about Poland, only when they started ignoring Hitlers negotiation attempts based on Becks assumption that Poland ALONE could easily defeat germany and his assurance from the allies did he turn against them.
Youre slinging words around that werent spoken until 1944.

>50's, 60's and 70's
If you would bring industrial leap of thirties, I could reluctantly agree, but those three decades? Stalin? Hell, the progress started after he died, and you could research&develop shit without risking going to gulag at any moment. Or doing R&D in gulag itself, like Tupolev did.

finns just like vatniks

>because russians aren't human beings and it's allowed to kill and slash them
Russians have this kind of attitude towards all the ethnic minorities and other post-soviet peoples too. So... you know, it's A BIT hypocritical to say such a things.

Come to Finland I'll hire you to pluck my ass hairs, and you will finally afford to eat.

I'm not saying Stalin didn't do stupid things, but at least he wasn't as delusional as his German counterpart. For fucks sake Hitler never let his hopelessly outnumbered troops retreat (inb4 Order 227) and would order them to push back enemy troops and retake more land than they had lost. Towards the end of the war he even believed Berlin was going to be saved by some miracle. Face it, if the military had been given more autonomy, things would have ended up better for Germany.

>Stalin was a Georgian
It's not an important thing, but actually he wasn't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_life_of_Joseph_Stalin#Name_and_aliases

Sorry, but the Germany, be it Weimar Republic or Third Reich, was pushing the idea of Poland as "bastard of Versailles" which should be put down, from the very beginning in 1920's.
When the Soviets approaching Warsaw in summer of 1920, Berlin blocked arms and ammunition shipments in Danzig and was preparing diplomatic delegation to London to talk about new east border after the Poland will fall.
Plus tariff war in 1920's, Locarno, Rapallo, etc.
Sadly we weren't normal neighbours at any point then.

>afford to eat
Im pretty sure in my country i cann afford more than you in your's.

There is no definitely good and definitely bad things in history, only facts that those things been count,not morals

In other case it's not a history lesson, it's ideology lesson

>Why would we say sorry to hostile Finland which genocided thousands and thousands ordinary russians between ww1 and ww2?
wtf

>at least he wasn't as delusional as his German counterpart
Ohohoho-no.
> Hitler never let his hopelessly outnumbered troops retreat
Actually even German commanders after the war admitted that it was a right decision back then, because once they started retreating, it could easily develop into panic flight.
> Towards the end of the war he even believed Berlin was going to be saved by some miracle.
Actually he believed in the Alpine fortress, and wanted to ditch the Berlin. But the failure of spring offensive in Hungary fucked up that avenue.
Beside, you cannot project near delusional, ill, blown up and raving Hitler from april 1945 as him from 1939 or 1941.

Hitler came into Power 1933 and he despised the Weimar Republik, youre only agreeing with me with what youre saying.