>$5000
>8 cores

>got power
yes, defenetly
>price
FUCK NO
5000 for the base model

> 8 cores
Here's the thing if you get a mac you probably are not getting it for games but for productivity software. And most productivity software works better with MOAR CORES. so why the hell does it not use a threadripper?

Let me finish that sentence for you user
>Apple computers aren't powerful.

For 2000 dollars less you could build a PC that skullfucks it.

Wrong.

It already throttles like a motherfucker with 8 cores.

Cores mean nothing when you're bottle-necked by the cooling system.

bcz u need to use tons of modifications to the kernel.

The regular iMac only throttles 200 MHz under max pressure.

Given that this one has much improved thermals there’s no reason to think it will throttle.

please demonstrate (don't forget to include 5k monitor, speakers, webcam, mic, mouse and keyboard)

Good luck rendering anything on a laptop cooler it's gonna throttle down to the speeds of a 800$ Best Buy PC
Which is still pretty powerful for Apple

pcpartpicker.com/list/VnsXCy
Add the CPU:
ark.intel.com/products/126707/Intel-Xeon--W-2145-Processor-11M-Cache-3_70-GHz

Total: 3.1k

Add GPU (Vega 56) - $500

Total: $3.6k

Add LG 5k display: $1.3k

Total: 4.9k

Face it, the iMac Pro is actually very well priced and has a lot of benefits you don’t get with a self built PC (let’s you use Mac AND Windows, iMessage, Apple ecosystem, sync with iPhone etc.)

It has server tier cooling FYI

For 2000 dollars less you can cobble together a mishmash of parts that may or may not work with no comprehensive support plan. Do you even know why ECC ram is used in workstations?

Reminder to report all commercial spam and astroturfing.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

Don’t forget thunderbolt ports, USB ports and 10 gigabit Ethernet

What the fuck are those speakers? Kys

The iMac pro has premium sound system. If anything the speakers should be more expensive.

>$2 chinktrash speakers
>premium

...l

EZ.

For 3000$ you can have a PC with a 5k monitor and 2 GPUs for any rendering OR one gpu and a threadripper/i9 (no idea who needs that all video 3d are GPU accelerated) and also not thermal issues.
>inb4 no case
Neither this abortion has a cace.

>touchbar only released on macbook pros
>not universal across all mac's

Just goes to show that the Touchbar was a half assed feature to sell more units because its "new"

Enjoying my 2015 15" pro

Only upgrades are from Apple, Apple put twice RAM and SSD price market.

>ram is 2400 while iMac has 2666
>”gift” items
>no fucking hard drive
>no case
>using the cheapest possible webcam, mobo and speakers
>using a 300$ processor instead of the 8 core W series Xeon which costs over 1k

F- see me after class

>>using the cheapest possible webcam, mobo and speakers
Still better than AppShit
>>using a 300$ processor instead of the 8 core W series Xeon which costs over 1k
Pffff
that is an 8 core processor that will shit all over mac due to having a real cooler and running at 3,8 on all cores.

And you can easily dump one out of two GPUS to get the rest of the shit like the case and drives.

Putting two superior gpus with real cooling there just for prestige, it's not just better than imac its TWICE as good as a mas.

>TWICE as good as a mas.
Actually it's gotta be over 3 times as good because ot only those are better GPUS weorking on their full desktop clocks buth they also have real cooling and wont throttle.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/VnsXCy
Literally random shit.

Not saying, the imac pro isn't overpriced, but Jesus, just make it a fair comparison you retarded gamer kid. It's not difficult.

Please demonstrate a iMacshit that doesn't lose 90% performance after throttling to worse performance than a $300 business surplus desktop.

Not sure what you’re talking about. Apple speakers, webcam, keyboard and mouse are all high quality and you literally are using 3 dollar foldable Keyboards.

Also good luck using your PC with no case, no network card, no CPU cooler and no hard drive

If I was going for FAIR build I would take a 4k display because 5k are NON STANDARD thus rare and expensive as fuck.
That alone would save 500$ tof SSD, case ant the other fluff.

But if AppKids wanna play dirty and demand their non-standaard shit I will give it to them

*in a very donald trump voice*
wrong

>how DARE you ask that I include a hard drive and case in my comparison with Apple. I should also be allowed to use an inferior resolution!

Anti Apple shills truly are desperate

>Also good luck using your PC with no case, no network card, no CPU cooler and no hard drive
Have you ever had a computer idiot?

The case isnt necessary to work
Network card is built in
The CPU cooler is included
The SSD and the case can be had at expense of one GPU and it would be 2800$ (1 gpu+ SSD and case)

Suck it,

>This build is WAY better if you take out everything good about the iMac 5K

fucking pc gaymer kids are so retarded

just wait for the review big boi

>everything good about the iMac 5K
So, nothing?

You can't even use the monitor you picked with the other components, you need an additional device to route displayport over USB-C. You also came in $1000 over the original claimed budget.

>it would be fair to compare a ferrari with a ford focus because ferraris are non standard

xDDDDD upvoted :)

>the case isn’t necessary to work

Not sure if trolling

>Macshit is 5k$
>Build is roughly 3k$
>build with TWO surepior GPUS and a superior CPU
>the dongle for monitor costs 30$

Go fuck yourself cuckbois
You lose

/thread

A $1000 Acer from BestBuy will blaze past this throttling steaming pile of shit without even breaking a sweat. An Apple logo is literally a badge of technology illiteracy and gullibility.

What?
You didnt know it?
Pc can function in a disassembled state

Moreover, it actually works better that way, without case you have unrestricted airflow to components.

>Also good luck using your PC with no case, no network card, no CPU cooler and no hard drive
you don't need any of that shit except a hard drive to make your computer work, if you want a case you can get one for like 40$ anyway and a TB for like 30$.

what are you doing on a technology board?

I do not know what the threadripped tdp is to compare also blame apple for not knowing how to make a good cooling system.
Pretty sure they can pull sumething out their ass with some help from AMD.

>I do not know what the threadripped tdp is to compare
Lower than the overclocked 2011 i7s, comparable to the 2011 xeons.

>superior CPU
Half speed AVX2.

sure if you build from the same parts but if you build a machine that benchmarks the same i can shave a few thousand off
g is reddit now...

Wont matter because
1 It will run at full clocks and not throttle
2 nothing uses AVX2 anyway

Apple has basically all patents on screens so this is just them abusing the market like Jews do

So it sounds like a fucking jet engine taking off?

>8bit

Well what about threadripper vs intel 8th gen?

>using a server CPU
Apple shills are fucking tech illiterates, they just love to throw money away.

>Mac Pro from seven years ago literally more powerful than a modern iMac
>That disgusting keyboardlet

bullshit. Those panels are from LG.

how do you think do 16 vs 6 cores compare in heavily multithreaded tasks?

Apple computers don't thro...

BOOOOOOOM

You know what the nice thing about a clean iMac on a wooden desk is?

It doesn't scream neckbeard and can a functional piece of a living room with a small chair. No wires on the prehiprials so they can fuck away and you have desk space. It's clean, its sleek, it's sexy and the worst part? It'll get you laid.

This is a Xeon workstation until the Mac Pros get released next year, and it's fucking beautiful.

I could put my PC in a tini case and fix them behing my monitor on a VESA stand or buy a DYI AIO case

>I'm gay and I enjoy being fucked in the ass
>hey, but at least I'm not a neckbeard
Well, fair enough

still looks like shit lmao

So you’re telling me people are willing to pay 1.1k for a Xeon when a 300 dollar Ryzen will do the same thing?

Please explain why you think that could make sense

How do you know lol?
You cant see it between the montor and the wall

i will guarantee you it will look less pretty than an imac

Then do it and do it tastefully.

The majority of this board loves fucking RGB LEDs or buckling springs. Not really known for aesthetics

This.

Xeon processors are hot as fuck, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I'm an a engineer techno fetishist stroking my dick on pure functionality and machinery, my PC is always opened from all sides to eliminate need for case fans, best airflow and easy cleaning. and I rock the best the best 32" 4k panel in the price range despite having large cheapo chinese glossy plastic bezels, actually love it for spending money only on function and no form.

But if i was actually going for it I would get a good looking 32-36" bezel-less monitor and literally glue the pc components to the back of it with appropriate plastic-bonding epoxy and fix it to the wall on VESA wall mount.

It would be slimmer and more beautiful that iAbomination, no bezels, objectively superior in every aspect and have vertical adjustment.

I literally clipped off every LED in my PC to eliminate noise pollution in my room.
Also took apart and lubricated every fan for quiet operation.

I dont want an AIO but if I wanted it i would really just glue the itx MOBO, small form factor PSU and the GPU on a RSI raiser to the back of the monitor and fix it flush to the wall so nobody could see it

800 dollars more for glorified usb-c's and a fruit logo

>1000$ for an 8 core CPU
>500$ mobo for it

Really? Get a tripper it's more for less/

>200$ speakers to rival the bullshit that's built into the mac
make it 20
>hideous case 100$
A hideous case costs 25$
>sound card and network adapter
All built in in X370/399 platform

I know, but I didn't wanted to get trashed by cherry picking applekids

mean to reply

My bud did a build like that a while back, eventually discarded it for this greasy wall art thing. Open mobo, seperate discussions comps mounted flat on a 4x4ft acrylic sheet wrapped in carbon fiber with a ton of LEDs. The original used the VESA mount to attack to the monitor, then had a mount on itself. He laid everything flat using cables too.

My poor man's iMac is a Intel NUC Hackintosh velcroed to the back of a decent panel. Gf loves it

>Sup Forumsedditors try to replicate the iMac Pro with individual PC components
>choose Ultra Xtreme Gaming RAM
>not ECC

>mactoddler tries to replicated workstation with foxconn shit
>pretends its even in the same league as generic off the shelf parts much less enthusiast parts
>8bit panels
>not 10bit

>the gaymur neckbeard PC butthurt in this thread

That ten bit dell monitor isn’t sold anymore. The fact that you cant find a monitor that is actually in production just proves how desperate you are. When it was sold, it was about 3.5k. The iMac has one of the best displays on the market. THe closest equivalent is the LG ultra fine which costs 1.3k.

Apple turds are used to paying more for the same performance, I mean, seriously what are you expecting on wasting so much money on a Xeon processor.

>8bit shit
>one of the best displays on the market
Mactoddlers are literally brain dead.

Man I didn’t even realise the apple SSDs were so fast.

The standard samsung 850 EVO SSD has 540 read and write speeds, the iMac SSD has 2k and the iMac pro has 3k

Gotta remember that when somebody is trying to convince you a self built pc with the cheapest SSD possible is equivalent to an iMac.

Read the thread neckbeard. The only way PC even comes close is with no computer case, hard drive and a 3 dollar keyboard, le mao and even then it comes to $1000 more expensive. Quit coping.

In which way that processor is better than a consumer grade one? seriously tell me.

>mactoddler subhuman tries to compare pcie to sata

This is why mactoddlers are universally regarded as brain dead technology illiterate troglodytes.

>Be PC turd
>go into PC room, trip over PSU which is lying on the floor along with your other components
>laugh at inferior mactards for needing a case
>roll out your 3 dollar roll up keyboard
>take your USB drive with pirated windows on it, plug it in
>laugh at mactoddlers with their hard drives and installed operating system

CPU: Intel Xeon W2145, 1100 USD
RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz ECC RAM, ~400 USD
GPU: AMD Vega 56, ~500 USD
MB: Some LG2066 MB with good networking, ~400 USD
Display: 27" 5k display, 1300 USD
Storage: 1TB high bandwidth SSD, ~400 USD

Which totals 4200 USD. If you want to, you can probably pack all this in some case with a PSU and end up with like 4.5k USD. It's surely less than Apple's 5k, but it sure as fuck is not as overblown as you make it out to be. Note there's probably still a lot of shit that this doesn't include that is built inside the iMac, like a webcam, speakers, a microphone, keyboard, mouse etc.

And don't counter with some shitty gamer built that you think is equivalent for less, I don't give a fuck.

because Mac OS is made for Intel CPU’s

Get Down! Snip...

You need to spend 500$+ to get the 3gb/s speeds offered by the iMac pro.

Simple cost considering you need to spend $50,000+ to get the same performance out of a throttling macshit as a 10 year old Core 2 Duo.

iTODDLERS BTFO

even tho this isn't true, people buy apple because of the OS, enjoy your winloo and lincucks dualboot gayming machine soyboy

>paying way more for air
Good luck un that.

>paying to use an OS that crashes religiously with the force of a thousand loos