/asean/

Colonised edition

not welcume:
>Sup Forums rule 3: news and current events belong in Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115346/Malayan-Emergency-victims-laid-t-rest-60-years-RAF-plane-crashes-jungle.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lScVfwe-Rp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I LOVE QT girlfeet.
POST QT ASEAN GIRLFEET.

the Philippines flag is upside down you limey fuckface

Philippines flips its flag with the red at the top during times of war. It's the only flag in the world to do so. Check your flag intel

japan does it too you know.

bump

Wakey wakey wagecuckry. Mr. Chen is waiting at the door 7:00 AM sharp.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a salary earner

>wake up
>look at /asean/
>still flips and flip expats

There's nothing wrong with little sister loves her older brother.

what is the general opinion of people in your country of your colonizers? specifically the Dutch in Indonesia and the Spanish vs the Americans in the Philippines

I don't dislike Spanish in any particular way. I just think that the colonization was something that has taken the chance away to evolve independent. Philippine culture would be completely different without Spanish colonization. I'm pretty neutral regarding American colonization, though.

You're right. Would you be my little sister?

Why is Philippines so alpha?

In America the view is that we weren't/really/ colonizing you, we were just preparing your people to become an independent democracy. Is there any truth to this or is it just propaganda

literally no one knows we colonized the philippines dude

It did in one way, but it also helped Marcos to seize his dictator position and yes I wouldn't call what you did colonizing, because the way you handled the Philippine people was very unopressive. Americans are still liked by a majority of the pinoys.

>Philippine culture would be completely different without Spanish colonization.
Yeah. Like 99% of it wouldn't be erased like now. The spanish had reduced every single historical fact that represents the Philippines down to ashes, from literature to history, literally everything. They did that just to strip the Philippines of their identity and think of themselves as officially spanish.

Philippine American War killed the US' imperialism boner. They were going to make Philippines a state, but they changed their mind because of the atrocities that happened. That's when Americans started to start going on about "w-we were just preparing them for independence"

Not up until they revolted, which was inevitable.

No one even knows Britain colonized the Philippines.

Now? We're at good relationship. There are "we fought Dutch and shieet" but it's just more about proud to defend our country rather than hate about Dutch themselves.
Back then? We despited them at the point there's sentiment that Christian was colonial religion.

[citation needed]

>because the way you handled the Philippine people was very unopressive

Lmao wut

We fought a decade long war to turn the Philipines into our colony. Only in the 30's when y'all became expensive did we think about granting independence.

I meant that's the general view of historians here

That's cool I guess

I imagine the war in the Pacific set back your development quite a bit, since we just gave you independence right after the war, while you were still recovering from the Japanese occupation

Forgot to mention, people also said that at least Dutch didn't try to completely remove our cultures like Spain did to other countries.

I think he's talking about the War Flag. China has one too

Filipinos still remember atrocities, backing dictator and betrayals by Americans, but that's overshadowed by Chinese threat.

People don't really hate Spanish people, people are pretty much proud of their Spanish heritage.

No. He is referring to "X country flipping its flag like the Philippines during war".

He may be an idiot or incapable of expressing himself properly.
I can't figure out which he is by myself because I'm not smart either.

SEA people are pretty laid back desu. Probably because we live in tropical area.

I think the Flips are the only ones that "Flip" their flag.

Funny how present threats cover up past wrongs.

America has mastered the art of making Imperialism look like freedom.

Hello SEA friends

S

Flips flipping flags.
lol

That is something I find pretty sad. We had an own writing, we were starting to form some kind of own unique culture before the spaniards came. We had trading alliances with Japan, China and some South east asian countries.
But that war got rid of the Spanish. The war was a continuation of the Philippine struggle for independence that began in 1896 with the Philippine Revolution and since you were far less cruel than the Spanish people it kinda didn't overshadow the Spanish cruelties.
Pinoys overall don't have resentments regarding the colonizations. It's just their nature and US propaganda did it's job good, too.

What's Polandball doing there?

Hi, friend!

I've done my patriotic duty, thank you
Visiting estonia?

General Opinion : Mostly neutral with some dislike since the London Metal Exchange backstabbed us resulting in the commodity shock of the 80's where GDP growth is negative as well as other assorted perfidious Albion trickery. They are smart enough to stay away from sensitive issues such as religion but the Colonial office policies and trickery does leave troubles further down the line.
The armed forces seems to like them due to history of protection from Indonesia and fighting gommies together.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115346/Malayan-Emergency-victims-laid-t-rest-60-years-RAF-plane-crashes-jungle.html
You don't mobilise hundreds of troops to find a dead body from 60 years ago just because of a letter if you hate them.
Portugal : Oh that Christiano Ronaldo.
Dutch : That guy who got missile'd along with us. Pretty good guys who went on jihad alongside us to REMOVE CATHOLIC as well as taking out rival Indonesian kingdom.
Japan : Good trading partner but why are they so aggressive in business these days?
They literally asked to be given monopoly of industrial parks, invest in railways and give billions to fund mega water tunnels.

>But that war got rid of the Spanish. The war was a continuation of the Philippine struggle for independence that began in 1896 with the Philippine Revolution and since you were far less cruel than the Spanish people it kinda didn't overshadow the Spanish cruelties.

Trading one master for another. I guess chains of gold are better than chains of steel for you.

America conquered the Philippines because we wanted colonies. Not because we wanted to give freedom. Lmao. How absurd a thought.

Only in the depth of the Great Depression and because of the expensive Philippines insurgency did we grant Flips self-rule.

But if you have to choose between two piles of shit you'd take the smaller one would you? All that mattered for the pinoys was the outcome and it was better than expected.

But Flips did not have to choose between two piles of shit. They had more options than that, and America restricted them.
Was there even a choice? Colonized people don't get to choose.

Only fear of China and American propaganda covered up the pile of shit we forced y'all to accept.

I always like how calm ASEAN countries are about their past colonizers,unlike koreans who constantly butthurt about japs and all. But do old generation hold grudge on colonizers or something? like those under Japanese occupation

Wow that was really pathetic to read user.

I think that's why they're one of the most patriotic countries out there other than US. You'll see "Pinoy Pride" everywhere for some reason lol

Yeah, people tend to stay away from their past.

>British foreign and colonial office doing some trickery
that's their policy after all :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=lScVfwe-Rp0

That's right faggots.

Philippines is one of the greatedt countries in the world so spoil us more, exalt us more!

Well shit happened. Nothing you can change about that. You can't can't concentrate on the future, when you keep looking back. We got enough present problems we still have to solve.

>wtf i hate indons now

I like Touhou

>top 20 plastic offenders
>6 ASEAN countries

fuckin flips should stay away from the oceans!!

Wew. Hopefully Duterte changes that

This was in 2010

The Philippine government has banned many plastic products, especially plastic bags, since then.

I wish the government would make supermarkets put a charge on plastic bags, in here they make us pay 3php for a plastic bag

There has been some canges since then. You would be suprised, how seriously Philippines approaches this problem.

Forgetting your past is the easiest way not to learn from it.

If someone violently mugged you a few years ago, would you forgive them and forget it happened?

Lmao [citation needed]

A lot of other countries have done similar. That wouldn't necessarily improve the Flip's ranking.

I think you don't understand that probably 95% of the pinoys don't know shit about our past and that we need to first get rid about our shitty education, before we can even approach that topic.

el kekkel

First you took away my drugs, then you tell me to stop murdering people I don't like, and now you are also banning the plastic bags I use to wrap up the carcasses of my victim's body?

Where the hell is the democracy in this country?

not planning to be an ass or anything,but I doubt any enforcement like that would work

Democracy had lead to Duterte winning the presidency

Good Morning /asean/!!!

Not at all, my grandma encourages me to take postgraduate at Dutch even though she fought Dutch back then.

But really no one uses plastic here anymore
Supermarket use paper
Even backwater markets here uses hybrid plastic paper bag

What we had before wasn't one bit better.

>>when my country actually contributes to the world.
>>mfw its in pollution.

It's actually working because it was President Benigno Aquino the 3rd, or you may just call him P-Noy (pinoy), and if I may add, one of the greatest president in this poverty stricken country, who issued selective plastic bans especially in the provinces. Of course the Great President could not control the population of 100 million to be obedient by the law but then His Excellency's wise decision at least reduced the volume of plastic bags in the country, encouraging people to wrap the item with paper bags or even in ecobags instead.

I should remind you that the slumping usage of plastic bags was one of the achievements of the Great Benigno Aquino the 3rd. You can use Google or Wikipedia to know more about Benigno Aquino the 3rd and please hit him some likes on Facebook!

Despite some perfidious Albion its not evil all the time, we made profits selling opium to the Empire and there are folks like this guy who saved thousands of refugees out of respect for his enemies and helped us down the line. Can't have freedom from Siam without opium monies and British guns after all.
Except for Japanese occupation where my great grandfather much tree barks and boiled cassava on top of taking his bicycle. Them Raleigh bicycles made with British steel can win you any girl at that time and losing that is rage material. Still people move on and decades later they buy Japanese tractors for the ricefields.
Every time, in 1980's the London Metal Exchange accused us of running a global tin cartel to destroy aluminium and being pro tin to justify removing stocks to avoid future losses when tin disappear from the market.
Like seriously, Malaysia being global tin jews manipulating the industry is some huge tinfoil hat.

>Ravenclaw is best house
Feels gud mang

>ravencucks in my /asean/
Fuck off

Are you turning wizard soon?

I understand it perfectly.

Marcos' and American propaganda have whitewashed America's crimes against the Philippines, and is currently using the Philippines for our own foreign policy desires.

That's what happened and is happening. Ignorant or not, that's the history. There's nothing more to say.

t. Lee Chong Wei

t. Binoyfag

>he chooses a house full of inbreed psychopaths
>he chooses a house full of fools and call it "being brave"
>he chooses a house who accepts anyone without standards
Obviously joining a house who focuses on knowledge will produce the best wizards

not yet, 11 years left

A lot of us are aware that we are still used by America. Especially since their are a lot Armee bases still on the Phi.. But it's hard to do something against the world ower nr. when you are just a 3rd world country. Atm we can just reduce the damage a much as possible without confronting USA directly. And ofc there are more dominant foreign problems, that are occupying our attention.

I am pretty sure Spanish/Americans/japs war crimes is taught in schools
Most of people doesnt give a fuck anymore
Its fucking past why would people hold grudges happened decades ago

*World power nr.1

Actually, it is Alec.

I am a Japanese American from Kauai. I've posted here before.

t. 李馬龍

Because history is not thoroughly taught to kids, it's like only 3 months allocated to early Philippine history, from Magellan to Aguinaldo, then another 3 months for world war and modern history era, then a school project where kids are to submit faces of their favorite national heroes in a cartolina.

We literally don't give a shit about history, do you think we all look cool here talking about muh roman leejunz and shit? We all look boring and dull to the eye of teenagers

I agree on that.

But I simply think most flips are deluded when it comes to America.

Mostly. I also think that they are deluded when it comes to being proud about the Spanish influence.

HAHAHAHA LE UPVOTE HEHEHEHE SO FUNNY

=^]

まあ

Same.

Agreed.

I'm someone who supports factual evidence and knowledge. I try leaving the biases and stereotypes out.

t. Historian
Me

Yeah. I think it's just an overreaction on how they're so proud of their heritage.

I mean I'm part Chinese, Spanish and Jap, but I don't really care that much. Aussies here came from all sorts as well, so it's pretty common. I think it's just the part where "I'm whiter than u coz i have spanish blood i me" kind of mentality compared to the darker flips. I've known that flips like whiter skin.

test

Test

The whole "delusions" derives imo from a lack of national identity which is rooted some kind of collective cultural heritage. I myself have a problem explaning someone what makes me actually pinoy. Lot of stuff is either Chinese, Spanish, American or something I'm not sure off. Are we Asian? We resemble South-America to some degree, but have also Asian aspects. And depending on were you are in the Phi. in can kinda be totally different. We are split into Catholic and Muslim, with budhism never having any chance to reach us in history. It's a total mess.

test

I always thought muh heritage is American thing, but now I saw this on Aussie flag.

Don't worry, Duterte will separate us and we can finally have our own country.

I believe so, too. Even though he is a dick, Duterte does not seem to be corrupt and he love our country.

and ally us with China and Africa

Your province in the Philippines should just be an independent country already. There is no such thing as Philippines, only oppressive imperial Manila empire.