/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=LAME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, at least this one's wearing headphones.

Shit thread made by a retarded newfag who doesn't know the bumplimit and needs to kill himself

Sage

Friendly reminder for noheadphonesanon to take his meds and shower at the YMCA

I now know of 7 DAC amps in my price range but am actually further away from making a decision. Thanks /hpg/

what is the second best cable merchant behind periapt?

Daily reminder Beyer tripfag take Jason dick up his ass

yourself and basic bitch soldering skills but the other way around.

daily reminder NHAs schizophrenic tendencies are getting worse and he can barely form a coherent sentence.

I do, and I have :)

What's the second worst headphone behind the HE400i?

Just buy a Modi and call it quits

All Beyers

this is the worst advice you could give someone. At least suggest the magni which is the only decent product from schiit.

>OP is not Erika

good job then. Glad to see you have some common sense.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>worst advice
>anyone other than bipolar

He's correct though, Schiit makes poorly measuring stuff.

tfw when the person you hate has better recommendations than you do

oh yeah please post that incorrectly done jitter measurement of the modi again so we can laugh at you bipolar

why would you recommend a dac that measures worse than onboard. The only product from schiit worth recommending is the magni 3.

if schiit makes great products and the modi doesn't have usb issues then why did they release the schiit eitr?

why don't you show me how badly the gungnir measures

>incorrectly done jitter measurement
>shows that the modis output is sensitive to USB power and is incorrectly designed compared to other USB powered options
>continues to call me bipolar

found the schiit flea from the Reddit post.

>All this schiitposting
You're literally playing into Jason's hands. The best way to fight it is to simply do not post about Schiit and stop recommending their garbage here.

Hey guys, have you heard about the JDS Labs Element? It's the best amp/dac in its price I think!

>248khz jitter test

>immediate rebuttal is to demand measurements of one schiits flagship dacs instead

holy schiitâ„¢ you're one of the actual schiit spam marketers aren't you?

realtalk dude what do they pay you to spam on headfi, sbaf and Reddit? Are you getting more money by spamming here too? Are you into audio stuff or just some 3rd world contracted agent who sortof knows English?

>Hey guys, have you heard about X?
yes we have heard about X

It's gonna take, like, 7 more threads for you to actually get this to take as a thread meme. Keep going.

Schiit Modi 2

JDS Labs The Distortion Element

>non ironically thinks they are schiit payed spammers
Dude, 90% of schiitposters are just fucking with you, the other 10% are just people defending what they bought, like every other faggot in this hobby

iFi iDSD Whobuysthisshit

that's the uber.

We're not talking about the Uber.

repost for the hd579 meme

whatever fits your little agenda bipolar disorder

Enjoy your endgame headphones, user.

>won't post modi 2 USB measurements

whatever fits your little agenda schiit marketing team

>magni 3 is the only good schiit product
>i'll just conveniently ignore that the modi 2 uber blows the element the fuck out but continue recommending the element because i'm an uneducated child

>(Note: Better conditions tonight for JDS measurement. No small spike at 60Hz and 240Hz for any of the measurements like two nights ago, including the other gear, so keep that in mind. It's the nature of measurements.)

>still won't post modi 2 USB measurements
>I'll just continue to ignore the DAC were actually talking about and continue to schiitpost and shill like an uneducated marketing team

Can we all agree that the Modi Multibit is the best Dac in its price range?

yeah why don't you continue posting about things you have no fucking clue about like 'hrtf' so you can entertain us some more you zoo animal

>Multibit
I buy cables and you're an idiot.

>... The Element sounds no better than the output of say a $79 Auzentech sound card from five years ago, so not going to revisit that. It's back in the box being shipping out anyways...

or you can just take your meds, take a shower, get a job, save up enough money to actually buy headphones, and then post a picture of those headphones with a timestamp.

theyre way lighter than i expected

you're in the wrong place if you think dacs sound different

ODAC?

But it sounds better than the Uber, what can I tell you?
Buying cables is fine as long as you don't spent too much on them. I won't judge you user.

To be fair, I'm just chiding you for the multibit part. I'm sure it's actually a fine DAC.

>sabre sounds the same as AKM
That's why objectivists fags are just as bad as the Steve Gutembergs of the world.

I want to have a laugh, do describe the differences.

Get out of your basement, take a shower, go to an audio store and try different systems, different dacs. If you don't find any differences between gear in different or similar price ranges, then you might as well go to the otolaryngologist right ahead.

>sighted listening biases
Yeah, you're an idiot.

inb4 he describes the chips by adjectives typically used for food, specifically desserts.
>gooey
>sticky
>sweet
>chocolatey
>hint of cinnamon
>vanilla aftertaste.

>listen dac
>see price tag of $200
>listen to another dac
>see price tag of $1000
whoops, just looking at the price tag gives you placebo and bias. better luck next time. let's see those double blind a/b tests with large sample sizes and a sufficiently large test size

it's funny because I've been to RMAF and the New York audio show so many times I've lost count. Besides hearing customers systems who used every TOTL dac from every manufacturer you could imagine.

There was never a difference made by the dac.

I said similar and diferent price ranges, my objectivist friend. Seems that you can read graphs, but not fucking english. Also, if you are that easily influenced by a price tag, might as well buy an Ultrasone and destroy your hearing once and for all

>bipolar chimes in because lost the other discussion.
Just go and listen to your Beyers dude.

>Also, if you are that easily influenced by a price tag
you realize it could be $5 and $20 right? there's a reason studies have to be double blind, even the researcher can influence the outcome just through body language and not saying a word. that's enough information for the human brain to pickup and invalidate the test

>implying I lost

I like this change NHA. Going from hyper objectivist to placebophile "muh DACs sound different" meme persona you've got going on.

Seriously though, why don't you take your meds and do a full 180 so you can eventually own headphones and the various pieces of audio equipment you shitpost about?

If there is no difference why your got assblasted when someone recommended a Modi? It's the same, so what gives?

modi has usb issues. a lot of people complain about the modi 2 and usb issues. a dac with usb issues is a bad thing because it picks up unwanted feedback depending on your source. why is this so hard to accept?

because the modi 2 USB measures worse than onboard sources and is overpriced compared to much more competent options at below or the same price tag. The only reason to upgrade from an onboard dac is if your onboard is noisy from EMF, that's it.

>being influenced by price tags and salesmen
Why just not go all the way and put a dick on your mouth user?

Who is NHA? I'm curious t b h

got an o2 diy kit with an odac board and threw it together tonight.. not bad at all for $150

>Why just not go all the way and put a dick on your mouth user?
sorry, my bad, I'll stop lecturing you on things I learned in middle school science class that you should already know

>Who is NHA? I'm curious t b h
A boogeyman that shitposters use for anyone they disagree with.

spotted NHA

Enjoy your best amp/DAC combo under $500.

congrats on the build user. Also, nice orange head. I have a friend who swears by the microterror it as a practice amp.

>buying an O2 in 2017

Found the Schiit employee.

So they teach you how to be a good customer in middle school? Are you a burger by any chance, dear user?

>drop by /hpg/ only once every couple weeks when bored
>all of a sudden everybody hates schitt products

Wtf? You retards are the ones who recommended the schitt stack to me when I was first getting into external dacs/amps.

We always hated Schiit, it's a shill who recommended the stack to you.

thanks

yeah it's nice for practice, and some light line-in recording. i bounce back and forth between it and a TH30 combo.

fite me

reading comprehension. disregard price or sales. say you are randomly selected to test dacs by a researcher, and you are not buying anything and don't know which one is which. but the researcher knows, and he owns one of them at home and likes it. he doesn't have to even say anything to you to influence your opinion. just the way he walks over to it or turns it on, even if you don't know what it is and cannot see what it is, would be enough to influence how you feel about it.

this is my last reply to you, if you can't even figure out something so basic then you are just an idiot not worth anyones time

You could've just linked him to the Wikipedia page for double blind test.

he's too stupid to be reading wikipedia articles for any length of time

Must have been a lot of shills on that day or something then. Well I've had my uber stack for about 6 months now and I have no complaints so whatever.

They'll blow up your headphones. I'd toss them away before it's too late.

Nah, is just a bunch of faggots who think schiit employees care about what is being discussed in a Mongolian throat singing community.

Nwavguy, is that you?

>making this many examples to cover his lack of control over Sexy price tags and salesmen movements
Yeah, stop posting

>people buying O2s
>people defending dac mythology
>Tripfags
>schiit discussion
>graph whores
The absolute state of /hpg/

First week on /hpg/, kiddo?

t. Angry footfag

Is it true that MP3 V0 is transparent, even with high-end cans?

yes

Yes.

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=LAME

Transparent in 99.9% of cases. There are "killer samples" where you can detect a difference between it and FLAC, but these do not represent almost every listening condition you'll ever experience.

Yes, but ogg is better lad

I see, thanks for the fast replies. I'll check out that link. So is there any real reason to store a music library in FLAC when mp3v0 is transparent?

no, flacs usually just have better recordings. maybe to prevent against decade long bitrot but your file system should deal with that

My old pmp doesn't support ogg unfortunately

Could you link me to such a sample? I'm interested in testing it with my own setup

FLAC is for archiving music, if you're just using music for playback and space is limited use V0 or whatever.
The killer sample the other poster mentioned would probably be audible data in the 20kHz-22kHz range, this doesn't affect the actual listening fidelity but in some ABX tests, really good and young listeners would be able to tell them apart.