Freetards will defend this

>freetards will defend this

I'm using a UP ProBook with the same setup and getting on par, if not better battery life with windows. Especially when doing non-intensive tasks like programming

Not sure what his problem is, works on my machine

linux has pretty piss poor battery life compared to windows, power management just isnt as sophisticated

I get 9 hours on my Librebooted X200 with a 9cell. Only 5 on my W500. Werks on my mashine.

Nice bait. My Thinkpad T530 still gets 6 hours of screen on time.

>use a system that expects you to configure it
>have utilities ready that can do it for you
>refuse to configure it, run the most power hungry DE and proceed to complain online
>'HURR HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME'

Haven't tested but I think it's about the same on my x201.
Libreboot doesn't change anything about battery life does it?

what else is there to config besides tlp (efficiency-wise)?

TLP helps, but let's be real: Windows just has better power management. And I'm not even a Windows-tard, I run Linux exclusively. It's just one of those things we gotta accept and try to make it better.

Disabling ports, making Kernel adjustments... Yadda yadda

I have an XPS 15 9550 on Fedora 27 and GNOME. I get around 8-9hrs of battery life doing programming stuff (editor open, terminal open, 1 or 2 Firefox tabs) which is good enough to last work, plus I bring my charger. I don't know why people say Linux has bad battery management.

>Freetards will defend this

"Just organize them with folders and filenames"
"The list is more useful"

Linux power management is not the problem, the problem is undocumented hardware, poor quality binary blobs and ACPI support on laptops.

Dell has a really good Linux hardware. It's obviously going to be as polished as possible.

That has nothing to do with the conversation. Don't pollute a good thread like a retard.

>good thread
>literally starting with bait in the OP

Nah, it's controlled by the EC. Highly recomend upgrading to a X200 btw.

Powertop

>works on my machine
The difference between quality (often commercial for a reason) software and shit software.
Whenever you read this, you know you are messing with some tacky POS code.
Leave Linux on servers, folks.

Works on my machineā„¢ (very similar setup too)

Other than what wrote, I'm pretty sure it's GNOME. On my laptop with i5 gnome-shell used 100% CPU when idle.

using arch with dwm on my thinkpad, I get like 8 hours of battery life

Maybe is he didn't use arch and gnome he would get better battery life.

I've never had battery life issues on Arch even with Gnome.

>Posting reddit IMAGE on Sup Forums

Kill yourself you mother fucking cuck. Go back to your beta orbiting shit stained webAPP

Might try this with linux mint on my x201i
windows fan btw.

>posting screencaps from reddit
Go back

funniest part is there's a great patch for gtk3 that fixes this...apparently gnome won't merge it because it's "too slow", even though it's just as fast as the Windows one. Retards.