If you're using any Linux distribution and can't use Perl and Bash, it's time to go back to Windows/OSX you poser

If you're using any Linux distribution and can't use Perl and Bash, it's time to go back to Windows/OSX you poser.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/snaewe/uemacs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>perl
I use python and bash.

They're called poseurs, user

Also
> muh no-normies-allowed elitism
I think you'll find the only poseur is you, user.

>poseurs
frog-eater detected

>Perl and Bas
Rather glad that my brain is not tainted by shitty languages like those.

seconding this fellow. i've never used perl. might look into it.

>$ date

wow you are such a master of the command line

>perl

$get $off $my $board $dad

>he can't cd code
Fucking poseur. This board is for real koders only.

>implying that bash is suitable for anything except being a glue/ducktape

Well user, I owe you a beer I guess

>Being this smug for being able to use a fucking terminal.
What are you, twelve?

>Perl
>Bash

I can only use awk and POSIX sh. Go back to sucking stallman's cock and ricing vim.

Here's a better idea for the OP:
If you use any UNIX-like and can't use ed, kill yourself.

There is no reason you would ever need a line editor like ed over a screen editor like vi unless you are using a computer from 40 years ago

>french word
>spell it properly
>FROG FROG FROG

>perl
I didn't know you go to Sup Forums grandpa, how's the old folks home treating you? Also, it's called macOS these days, not OSX. Times change.

Maybe because vi is garbage and an insult to the glory that is ed (still better for fast edits than vi), and if I wanted a good screen editor I'd use github.com/snaewe/uemacs

Agreed. If you don't know ed, how will you get anything done when ssh'd into punch card servers that we didn't stop using 50 years ago?

>uses fglrx
>unironically runs freedom-denying software
>tells others to go back

>ed (still better for fast edits than vi)
How?

If you don't just get it, you don't know how to use ed, or you're a brainlet. it's the useful parts of vim without any of the "thirty different commands to move to a spot".

Through the power of retrogrouch memery

Yoooo is that font Terminus?? I really like that and Anonymous Pro (at bitmapped specific sizes)

> If you don't just get it, you don't know how to use ed, or you're a brainlet.

Being this out of idea what to say.

UNIX purists love ed because it's complicated and it gives them a feeling of skill because they use a difficult text editor not even the creator of UNIX uses anymore

If you use sudo on Gentoo, it's time to go back to Noobuntu.

>The language's mascot is "Camelia, the Perl 6 >bug".[1] Her name is a nod to the camel >mascot associated with Perl, and her form, in >the pun-loving tradition of the Perl community, >is a play on "software bug". Spiral designs >embedded in her butterfly-like wings resemble >the characters "P6", the favored nickname for >Perl 6, and off-center eye placement is an >intentional pun on "Wall-eyed"[18]

>misogyny
>community

PERL, NOT EVEN ONCE!

One of the goals behind the lively and colorful design of the logo was to discourage misogyny in the community and for it to be an opportunity for those of "masculine persuasion" to show their sensitive side.[19]

font name in bash screenshot pls?

vi is bloat

Maybe you meant vim, when vi's bloat is feelable you ought to be using ed.

What advantage would you get from a line editor?

/thread

This is simply showing how far Linux is from becoming a general purpose desktop OS.

more like
>be frog eater
>spell it (properly)
>sperging out when called out

>Perl and Bash
>literally 0 lines of Perl code shown
>showing off random commands
>sudo from main account
>logging everything
>single root partition
>no lvm
>no luks

I see no problem with that...

Also, , see pic related.

That's not even OPs screenshot...

no one under the age of 30 knows perl, let it die

NEVER

What if I just want a simple to use and maintain OS that keeps out of my way while I browse Sup Forums?

Dis dude's got the point OP...

I'll still keep defending Perl tho.

Is doas ported or something?

couldn't you just write a small function to call su -c somecommand someuser and name it doas?

Just grab the arguments and rearrange them, why would something like this require any sort of porting?

>perl

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice bait

you got me im a ruby faggot

Perl is dead language. I won't waste my time to master it.
Bash is failure. It's supposed to be useful for gluing commands and processes together and provide arrays, but elementary tasks like saving `find` output to array are painful. Plus constant string escaping issues. And it's unreasonably slow.

So please tell me again, why is it so important to learn badly designed legacy crap?

>I'll still keep defending Perl tho.

Edgy.