/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/omm3QPMqyjc

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

First for dressy slavshit

Oh well I pulled the trigger. Will share pics when the watch arrives.

yas

These types of pyramids are always bullshit, and I say this while owning two thirds of the top of it.

sexy ass watch but damn expensive.

anyone know of a diver with a thicc bezel and smol dial?

True, though as I recall you tend to be more charitable in your views of a lot of brands than many other horology fags might be. Get anything new recently?

Dressy slavshit has a certain charm to it; something that I don't have the words to place.
It's something like this: consider that the watch you have was probably some poor sod's most prized possession; more than his job, vodka ration or standard model wife. A constant companion for managing his life, breaking up the day into chunks to look forward to: break, lunch, end of work, dinner, sleep etc.
All ticking away, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly and scary: such was the life of the one who wore this watch behind the iron curtain.

Then they all got tossed away like moldy bread come the fall by some faggoty decedent that had no conception of the items personal value for so many hard years. Only to be sold to some neckbeard via ebay so he can show it off to his imaginary friends on an internet community for the discussion for perverted japanese animation.

Such is the existence of the slavshit watch.

Seiko SNZ Fifty Five Fathoms mod, or just a regular SNZ.

is this shit worth paying 100 usd?

Is this ok?

It’s more accurate than a Rolex

How much is it?

The new fifty fathoms is sexier. I'd lick that black, glossy, convex bezel.

probably my best option, thx.
i saw one pop up on ebay for like 10k.
eh, i perfer the vintage. the even more massive bezel, the patina lume and the matte dial look better imo. I do like applied numerals tho.

what do you guys think about the size?

i know it's big but i'm really feeling it for this watch

Sorry, but that looks too big on you from that image.

Wristlet

Wow that fucking nice

Congratulations on the vasectomy

Too big, hope you haven't bought it yet. Sometimes you've just got to except that a watch you like isn't for you and move on.

*accept
t. Fucking retard

?

Ignore the troll

>tfw when you're moving watches like a madman again and scoring killer deals on both sales and new purchases

3 watches+ plus shitty parts and straps gone for good shekels.

Mailman is going to hate me.

>It’s more accurate than a Rolex
well if that's all you care, sure go ahead.

It's worth 10, maybe a bit more if the chrono actually works.

How did you take the photo? It seems a bit big on you. Those lugs aren't as flattering as the SKX.

looks like a great fit. Gongratz man.

I haven't ever sold a watch yet, but I may need to before buying another one. Do you use ebay?

Fleabay is usually the easiest way. Simple selling and listing platform that even a retard can list something on it.

However,
>people will try to bring your price to the lowest
>small fee from listing
>small fee from selling
>fee's

Though lately i've gotten a few decent offers for most of my watches, still got 3 left to sell and already banked 465$ (At least 15~20% of it is profit). Already bought a a dirt cheap 3133 that's better than the one i have.

What is bad about being more accurate and durable than a Rolex?

didn't get it yet

i don't think there is a way to photograph it to make it look smaller

it's pretty unfortunate they don't make that many smaller divers, i've been looking at various brands for a while now but the range is quite limited

no that's very good indeed user we're proud of you! ^_^

Have you tried [spoiler]women's watches[/spoiler]

You want a watch less accurate than a Rolex?

May I ask why?

i have actually tried out a 36mm midsize smpc but that one is 2small

the sweet spot for divers for me is probably like 38-40mm but it depends a lot on the case shape (that seiko has a really slim profile but it is still 43mm and 50mm lug-to-lug)

What's your wrist size, senpai? I want that watch but me wrists are barely 7 inch and I dunno if it's gonna fit me.

check on all counts but the neck-beard part i just shaved for this month

What is the circumference of your wrist?

You can measure it with taylor’s Tape

Its fucking hanging over the side of your wrist. How are you going to ask about the size?

literally 6" lol, i think you'll be fine

36 is not too small for you

You are not a big guy

>for you

too bad they madea 36mm classic into a fucking 45mm monstrosity that wouldn't look good on Dmitry fucking Klokov

idk it didn't look bad at all on my wrist in the shop, generally i'm really picky about size

36mm on a diver looks really small to me (at least that smpc). i do have a 33mm vintage b&m and my daily wearer is a 38mm flieger

Are you joking

Will Manlets never learn

Get it if you like it. No one will really notice. It's a casual diver anyways. It only looks worse in photos due to lens focal length.

Hey man in the nicest way possible you really need to step back and take a real good look at what you look like as a whole with these things on. The watch in that photo is larger than your wrist. 36mm is not too small for you by any means. My wrist circumference is 1 inch greater than yours and 36mm is my sweet spot. I also lift and have large forearms. You look like you weigh maybe 120 pounds. Seriously step back objectively look at yourself with a massive watch on. At the end of the day you need to make your own choices but i feel like taking a small amount of time to give you some advice is worthwhile.

Lifting doesn't grow your wrists. Just thought I'd point that out in case DYELS get the wrong idea.

yeah i should have noted that.

When I asked how you took the photo, I guess I really wanted to ask if you have 3 hands or something.

It’s like a chihauahua with a hubcap around it’s neck

Strictly speaking, a 6" wrist has a diameter to handle a lug to lug distance of up to 48mm, ignoring that wrists are not perfect circles in real life. Of course the greater difference between wrist diameter and lug to lug distance will generally look better to a point, it's also hugely a factor of lug position, length, shape, strap thickness, tapering, and just watch style.

Hello gentlemen

that is good advice. in my eyes the watch doesn't look that bad even in the picture my friend took and it felt comfortable on the wrist

i've been into watches for over 2 years now and lately i've really started to feel my options are being limited way too much by pure size, so i'm thinking of just getting something i like about worrying too much about it

You’re eyes are wrong

I looks ridiculous to the point I honestly hope you are trolling, no offense

>claims others are trolling
>uses you're in the trolling sense
hmmm

>when the thread dies right after you post
lets try again.

That can't be comfortable.

Well hey take it or leave it. I don't have massive wrists either but i just stick to smaller watches. As a wise man once said "You gotta piss with the cock you got". Thanks for listening though!

>You're eyes are wrong

my brother wanted a vintage omega but didn't want to spend enough so he just ordered a mint luch.

Trolls have ruined this board

I don't think that post or any reponse was a troll m8

I thought about getting a luch with this dial, but at the time I wanted the stick indexes more, now it has grown on me.

Delusional wristlets are worse than trolls

Welcome to the blanks club man!

Fucking based seikomale poster. You are doing the work of the lord.

>welcome to the blanks club
what does this mean?

You don’t know what a vasectomy is?

i'm vaguely aware but not heard of the blanks club

You should be able to put this together user

I have faith in you

Well at least you don’t have to worry about unplanned pregnancy

it's not even a seiko you retard
here you go, now you can respond with your shitty forced meme

my wifes son bought me this as a vasectomy present

Post close up of the dial, looks tasty.

why does reddit ruin everything

Sorry about your testicals

Thank you user

There comes a time in every man's life when your wife will ask you to cut your balls off.
This is the final choise, do you permanently become a Seiko male or do you keep your manhood intact.

Like Gregor one must embrace the creature they have become. Plus they get a prospex driving them deeper into oblivion.

At least you have a thinkpad. I honestly assumed most of you seikomales where closet macfags.

I still think those indices are cool as fuck. I wonder if there is a single other watch that has done this?

>ultra-quartz
what is this madness user

Was raskolnikov or Holden caulfield the ultimate seiko male?

Raskolinkov for sure. he ticks all the boxes

broke
crazy
thinks he is smarter than he is
has no conscious

He had a conscious, that is what did him in

maybe he is retarded, maybe english is not his first language and he is not familiar with every idiom

Post-vasectomy you are 'shooting blanks', that's why the 'blanks club'

I don't know I feel like his insanity led his admission. He didn't seem so broken up about the multiple murders. He was self aware. I don't know I suppose you are right he was not some sort of demon. fuck man i haven't read that in years

I can tell just from that JPG that the answer is no.

Do you even know what a fucking vasectomy is? Protip: your balls are still there. Some people just don't want to have kids but still fuck, what's wrong with that?

What's wrong with Timex and Nixon?

Nothing

I believe longines also had some ultronic esa9162 models with these indices, though I'm not positive.

This is an early wuartz that competes with the beta 21. It had a 9khz quartz package (which was a major marketing point for longines as it was higher than the 8khz in the beta 21). It used a vibrating Reed, index pawl, and index wheel (similar to an Accutron) to advance the geartrain. It had a comparison circuit that sensed the rate of the reed and compared it to the quartz signal and adjusted accordingly - kind of similar to the idea behind a spring drive.

How many seikos do you own

Timex? nothing. Nixon is skatershit that's a sub10$ japanese quartz movement that's packed into an oversized case.

Not much with Timex, Nixon is shit.