Worst connector of all time?

Worst connector of all time?

your pee pee is the worst connector of all time - literally never connected with anything

I got you.

Molex, end off.

that nigga will cut you

Only someone who's never had to deal with D-Sub, canon plugs, SCART connectors, or ribbon cables would even think to include USB A with any of those monstrosities

not the worst just never adapted properly

And set your house and loved ones if you dare to use an adaptor to a obviously better connector.

Set on fire. Dumb phoneposter.

Molex remains unbeaten.

i wonder what the maximum possible bandwidth is

ahem

burgerclaps dont have to deal with this shit

Got euros RGB on pretty much every consumer TV from the 80s to 2015, I'd say that's a pretty good thing even though the connector itself isn't great.

Yes.
>if you don't plug it in fast enough it defaults to USB2.
Fucking shit play.

(((BERG))) connector

This

People are hating on USB3-A when microUSB3 is so much worse

greatest connector of all time?

>Wifi cable
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Doesn't default to USB2 if you don't plug it in fast enough, also it's compatible with USB2 microusb which is neat.

SCART was great, fucking you.

2nd worst see below.

Winner winner. I concede.

Fuck Right off. Keyed connector in a fully enclosed block with a twistable cable - EASY.

No.
Breaking clips will prevent that.

Fuck no

>pull on a loose cable
>latch catches on something and instantly breaks off
>have to cut off and re-crimp the connector

>people who don't know the tweezers trick

Don't even need it, I use nitrile gloves now anyway and they protect my fingers.

fpbp, based af

I hate them both with the burning passion of a thousand stars. Fuck them, I'm happy they're obsolete.

Molex is not obsolete yet, but under legacy support.

I broke pins on both of the usb headers on my last motherboard because of that retarded design. One of the usb 3 ports still somehow worked but very infuriating

While the plastic safety isn't broken yet

USB Micro is simply the worst of them all. Why make something so small and shitty that the pins bend under the slightest amount of stress? I will never by a device that uses it for charging ever again.

Planned obsolescence.
Atleast USB C is better.

(((You)))

>unnecesarily big connector
>fragile plastic clip
>completely useless without clip

Other than that it's great at it's job.

Worst connector.oterally no reason to make it as rigid and stupid as is.

The form factor is not the problem, but the weird extremely hard fit that some of them have, you end up almost ripping the wires from the plastic.

The connector itself is fine, but component cables were a bitch.

I used to get the green and blue wrong all the time. And there were TWO red ones!

And I used to like four things hooked up via component on one TV. That's 20 cables!

The have always hated these, newer ends are much better but these cheap shit ones always jam and are a huge pain.
At least once its screwed on its never going anywhere

SATA IS THE WORST

I can't remember what this was for, enlighten me?

Its just usb but its made proprietary by apple jews

Is that really all it was?
Applel is such a bitch

What is the BEST connector of all time?

null
because he's never going to use it

Neither is SCART. Newer TV still come with a a port that you can buy a SCART adapter for
Till 2015 in was mandatory even.

The plug itself is mediocre, you have to be gentle with it. It's not bad in any way though unless you're a raging autistic moron who can't plug things in properly or takes shortcuts like trying to plug something in with two fingers behind a TV.

SCART is based as fuck though. RGB on literary consumer devices was amazing when burger claps only got S-Video and even that on high end sets.

Yup

Burger here, why is this so bad?

Anything round
Round = best shape

It isn't.

They were just normally placed at the read of TV's and video recorders making it very hard to see what you're doing.
Any connector would suck under those conditions.

Kek

Any one that allows 360 rotation and is durable to the point that it takes a complete chimp to break it.

>read

-> rear

What the fuck were they even thinking?

Absolutely brutal.

This should get honor points for being easy to attach yourself.

Why can't I put USB and HDMI connectors on cables myself?
I put both through my walls so it would mean having to drill much smaller holes.

most 5.5x2.1 connectors are flimsy and piss easy to break though

>People are hating on USB3-A

No they weren't.

You're probably thinking about USB3-B

Ones video and ones audio you dingus

I know that, but sometimes the cables weren't differentiated that well. Like in this pic.

>USB Type C
God I hate this piece of shit, breaks, twists, and its on fucking everything.

>breaks, twists

Stop treating your shit like you're a child.

angery

Ughhhh I hate it. It's round, but non-symmetrical. Fucking why!

reee

theres still the flat part of it to help you angle it properly though

I found PS/2 to be easier to plug in in teh dark than USB

>that scraping sound when you are trying to find the hole
>tfw you realize someone bent the outer ring a bit and now it won't fit
Absolutely dreadful.

Wow

>USB 3.0 port that works with USB 2.0 micro B
Convenient as fuck, I wish my phone had that instead of USB 2.0 micro B

>"brand" remains unbeaten

What's so bad about it?

It locks in place with no unluck feature other than pulling and hoping for the FDD to not break.

But it works and is easy to use.

Its still a shitty connector compared to Type 2 tho.

Actually it has been calculated, millions of bases in a DNA molecule to the power of five, multiplied by the number of sperm cells, expulsed in a few seconds, time of an orgasm.

It is mostly redundancy tho

It's all redundant in his case

Damn

That's an extension cord for an Apple keyboard. Made in an era when the USB standard only allowed ridiculously low voltages. An USB extension cord that was too long could cause a device to not work properly. Apple's keyboard also has a USB hub, which adds more difficulty. They made an extension cord that would only work with the keyboard so it would be guaranteed to work.

Not even in the bottom 20. I remember when it was Useless Serial Bus and it was this standard that everyone said they promoted and yet nobody actually used.

There was way worse, especially before it.

Now, ideally it could get a lot better. You want something that can only be inserted one way (or if two ways, that WORKS both ways). Cables meant to plug into devices should all be male, and devices all female. No different host/slave connector bullshit. Something rugged, environment-resistant, and easy to plug in. With mutually intercompatible versions for friction fit, magsafe, and screw-in. Small form factor, with plenty of room for pins for now and the future. And finally easily recognized and hard to fuck up and plug into the wrong competing standard.

Worst connector is debatable, this kind of cable is definitely the worst piece of shit ever dreamed up though

Aren't they much easier to bundle?

Also might be handy in certain situations when flatness is required like under floors.

Backwards compatibility ruins everything. Just force people to buy new cables and don't compromise on the connector.

It's micro b no contest. The prongs on these break constantly causing it to easily slip out of the connection.

>The prongs on these break constantly

What the fuck do you do to them?

These cables are good for short runs. These are NOT the right cable to use for routing through walls.

What kind of runs are they good for, then?
The only thing that comes to mind is running it across the middle of the floor. It would still need to be taped down or covered with a rug so it's not a tripping hazard.

I love USB 3, fuck USB C.

>flat and bends around walls easy
is it really that bad?

Why are you running Ethernet around walls?

Winrar

my room is far from the router

Hate that shit. You need to wiggle-waggle this thing off and the motherboard always bend under pressure like this

>Hold my beer

Have manufactures standardized that thing yet?

>20 fucking years later still every fucking motherboard have a different pin layout.
This is only less retarded than that is pic related, I still remember a PC blowing on my face because those things can be installed in reverse.

All is have to do is being less of a brutalisk nigger. Problem solved.

The male connectors are extremely fragile. Both the pins and the outer metal shell are prone to bending slightly, making it difficult/impossible to insert. Especially when flailing blindly at the rear of a massive CRT TV trying to align the tiny, precise cutout with the cable. The cheap ones are also prone to falling apart entirely.

All you had to do is not be retarded.

No, but at least there's this