Ask a programmer who fucked up anything

Ask a programmer who fucked up anything

why did you do it?

Well, at first I needed to come up with an answer quickly and so I did just that

Found out three days later it wont work and even if I solved every other project correctly this one will fuck me. I made a mistake by not checking my work

Found out three days later I was wrong, and company meeting scheduled already

Shouldn't be shitposting about this but it isn't something horrible but something that will make me look absoletly stupid in a meeting if I explain, yea i didn't even check and just went along with it. That is on me

this happens to programmers when they're tired or sick

can you unfuck it?

Yea, I will have to but honestly they already know and will bring it up in a meeting. I will have to sit there and say, Yes I know this won't work. I was working fast at the time and didn't actually think about this one "thing" that will make me loook like a complete fool

Maybe I am a fool, but these things happen when you don't verify your work and someone below me "corporate ladder" found out and will talk in a meeting about this

Can they fire me, I don't care anymore. It was a simple mistake that can be fixed once we are on a meeting together, but honestly I can't believe I didn't even check until a few days later if I was right all along or not

First time in my life, fucking up this badly. Nothing is damaged except my reputation

At least come up with an excuse that shifts some of the blame off yourself. That might be the one thing that saves you from getting fired.

I can't shift the blame on this one unless I really want to sit on a meeting and explain, yea i overlooked this one thing and honestly did not check twice!!!

This isn't something that changes much except makes me look like a complete idiot.

I honestly can't believe I overlooked this and went full speed ahead with a mistake i made. this is going to be bad because i am an idiot for doing this and not verifying my own work..

im a fucking idiot

Tried to use java for something and didn't know it wont work that way at all. figuered I was top shit but i am wrong

Post the code you faggot

Could you teach me some things on java?
(newer programmer, used to mess around in C++)

You're such a beta. How did you get hired in the first place?

Better get to sucking that corporate dick.

Sounds like you're spiraling here. You said it yourself, the fuckup wasn't horrible, people make mistakes. Did you cost them money? Was it a total system failure?

what a project is that so you can fuck it up so easily?
where were weekly stand ups?
where was the project manager?
projects can't be fucked up by a single programmer

I made a 200k € mistake and I still have a job you will be fine

I think I once caused hundreds of thousands of job adverts ! Posts to be posted to a major world job site with an incorrect second industry category. That was potentially in the tens of millions of pounds and lasted a few months (the bug)

We fixed it.

Fuckups happen. Come up with a way to rectify it as efficiently as possible, and end your presentation with good news.

That can happen to any programmer. That *will* happen to every programmer. We're not infallible machines. You're just too young to have the experience of handling it.

I talked to my boss, he doesn't even care about it

Just carry on with the project and continue ...

I've done other good work b4, just this time I'm in pain from embarrassment

No money lost actually. Just made myself look like an idiot...

Why won't you give up on McAfee?

>Nothing is damaged except my reputation
Trust me, no one will give a fuck.
Unfuck it and move along.