None

>post your face when you bought your first 144hz monitor and realized it was a meme

4k is better

I got a 1440p ips 60hz and it's pretty comfy

I hope I'll have both memes next year.

>tfw no 4K HDR 144hz monitor to shitpost on Sup Forums with

>4k is a meme as well
stopdisshitatonce

You wont see real HDR either ways without 10-bit VA/OLED. IPS does not have the contrast ratios needed to display HDR.

144hz is a meme.
4k is an even bigger meme.

But 10 bit hdr IPS panels are already out

I didnt fall for a meme 4k wasnt possible due to gpu bottleneck when I bought mine
checkmate

I bought a 4K G-Sync monitor. I've toyed around with 144 and 165Hz monitors and they definitely look great but the kinds of games I play generally don't run easily at those refresh rates anyway.

ASUS is launching a 4K 144Hz G-Sync IPS monitor with HDR support in early 2018 but it's probably gonna start at $1500+

>tfw you have a 4K monitor
>... and you wish you'd got a 144Hz 1440p

>Got a $15 19" high end CRT off kijiji
>Ran it at 1920x1440 85Hz or 1600x1200@100Hz or something
>Comfy as fuck
>Used it until I could afford my VG248QE
>Since upgraded to a Dell S2716DG
Gsync + 1440p + 144hz + gaymen TN for less than an equivalent freesync monitor, and I've got a 1440p 27" ultrasharp to go next to it.

144Hz by itself is a meme, true.
You have to use backlight strobing with it to get actual fluidity and no motion blur.

>bigger monitor
>more screen estate
>better looking text
>meme

interlaced and it wont be nearly as sharp. still be comfy tho

Depends where you're coming from. 144 Hz is not a meme compared to 60 Hz in terms of fluidity. *sync improves this fluidity and smoothness, but doesn't reduce the motion blur. 120 Hz strobed is easily the sharpest and clearest of them all, but I'd be content with *sync at high framerates desu. It's shocking how many animation imperfections motion blur hides.

OLED, 240Hz, HDR, 30-40", UHD when

Wish I had 4k 60hz IPS right now

>mfw it wasn't a meme

>buy 144Hz monitor
>60hz monitors become practically unusable
Once you go high refresh you never go back

>paying more than $90 for a monitor
It's like you kids don't even earn your own money.

>pay $500 for a GPU
>pay less than $100 for a monitor
this has never made sense. You realize that unless you're doing background tasks like mining or rendering, most of your computer time is spent in front of your screen? Your glowing rectangle is the most important part of your build, especially since people upgrade GPU's faster than monitors typically. You should buy a monitor to last at least two GPU cycles.

I play esports titles and I can tell you 100% that 144hz is a meme

I have a 144hz and I can tell you it's a meme.
The only gayming feature that really matters in a monitor is Freesync/Gsync.

I don't care what YOU can tell me, I have one an I'm saying 60Hz is absolute trash. PC monitors are meant to be 75Hz+, 60Hz is for TV's.

more pixels>refresh rate

32" 4k IPS is where it's at, just waiting to see one for $300

Dude, PC monitors could be sub-30Hz and people wouldn't care.

You're lucky that the industry settled on making most displays run at 60Hz aside from really cheapo applications.

The first gen 4k monitors were actually 30Hz unless you used two DisplayPort cables, the vast majority of people hated them and only used them because they had to for professional applications.

The upcoming 4k/144hz/HDR monitors don't even make sense, DisplayPort 1.4 only supports 4k/120hz, it uses compression to achieve 144hz.

It's a meme because the only OS with proper scaling(so you can actually see that better text) is fucking Android.

120hz with ULMB is DEFINITELY not a meme. The blur is very noticeable in 2d games.

it doesn't work on Mac OS?

From what I've read the upcoming monitors don't even support compression, so what you're actually going to have to do is to give up on a combination of refresh rate, HDR (use 8b) and drop to 4:2:2/4:2:0. It's pretty shit.

It """works""" everywhere but for the majority of applications it's simple upscaling.

My face when I still am amazed by 144hz a year after I bought it

But the text looks great. How do they do it? And how does Android?

Android from the ground up is designed not with pixels, but with "dots" in mind, and not just the text gets properly drawn but the resources as well - apks have multiple copies of resources for different pixel densities. OSX is still scaling up text, probably the applications you use have built-in support for high DPI.

>tfw 10 y/o monitor

same

What keyboard is that

But doesn't strobin' rape your shit TN colors even more?

I just bought a 75hz freesync monitor, 32in 2560x1440. It was $250.