Hey Sup Forumsoyim

Hey Sup Forumsoyim.
Just got back from the PC recycler.

Got a nice mouse with it.

Oh wait, it matches. :^)

>50 bucks
...and it doesn't even come with the drives.

Jelly, I have an UltraSPARC II workstation running Solaris 8

There's no need to be jealous. :^)

Indeed there's not.
I got a 400MHz Ultra 5 for 24€ and the keyboard and mouse from a friend for 4€ both.

Professional workstation for professional creators like myself.

Have fun trying to find a working SCSI wide drive in 2018, not to mention SUNOS install media.

Fuck. This is compatible with Windows 95 right?

I hope you like UNIX.

Depending on the drive, it's not hard. I have 5x 73gb 15k RPM Ultra LVD 68-pin, if it's a 50 pin those are super old school and he might have a problem finding one

SUN used 50 pin SCSI-wide for their SPARC machines, unfortunately.

Ultra 10 is PATA.

Anyhow.
Lots of 68 pin drives work just fine these days. They are drives that where mostly manufactured for enterprise use.
Just get a 68 pin to 50 pin adapter and you're golden.

Not to mention, the last 50 pin SCSI drives I've encountered for the past few years all worked fine.

>it's the guy who had the RAID AMD setup
Ayy.

Irrelevant, SCSI-II is backwards compatible.

>not to mention SUNOS install media.
Oh yes. So hard on the dozens of FTPs dedicated to archiving just such content.

> actual middle button instead of a scroll wheel

for some reason this hit my right in the nostalgia

Shit, it says made in USA. That's a third world shit hole isn't it? How much does that drop the value?

>*Assembled in USA
Quite a large difference.

It's only assembled in the USA.
It's still Thai and Chink shit inside.

Fug, it's dirty.

Taiwan*

Fug.

Don't pussy out, that dirt aint nothing.

The outer case cleaned up real nice in the shower.

>current year +/- 3
>he doesn’t use mouse chording

>cheapest of cheap Panasonic speakers
>boxes laying around on the floor
>low tier phone camera
>forces his macbook into frame with ironic jokes on it

This is the prime example of: "people buy apple products as a status symbol, especially poor ones".

Nice find though OP. Glad you saved it, even when it's a barebones configuration.

y u mad tho

That's a big graphics card.

Please help.

Hook up your serial terminal or get a keyboard.

the way the debossed the logo into the plastics on their systems at that time was just fucking great
even if the 10s are a little low-end it's not bad for $50
that's not even hard, you can find them on ebay for like $20-$40 depending on how specific you want to be, or buy a 68-pin/SCA with an adapter
later Suns were all IDE or caddied SCA SCSI anyway, Solaris is easy as fuck to find too with an FTP search engine and filenames

At $50 there sure as hell isn't.

still cheaper than online rates and most sun shops have purged these to shit and back so you're not going to find as many locally

Are you telling us that you have a display adapter to VGA, but don't have a fucking keyboard?

>still cheaper than online rates
maybe in burgerland

What's this "scuzzy" thing everyone keeps bringing up?

it was already mentioned that it's ATA

I actually removed the GPU and used the onboard video.

Why can't we have a normal thread about retro hardware, it's always either a dickwaveing OP trying to be a smartass or bunch of anons talking about things they have no idea about?

>tfw no keyboard

where OP is from, dipshit

just get it set up over serial in the interim while you get a type-5 keyboard
should be able to run Solaris 10 acceptably, OpenCSW also should still have their Solaris 9 packages, though they're not maintained or updated

>he doesnt have a backup serial keyboard or adapter
what are you even doing here?

>paying for trash components
>not dumpster diving

burgerland I assume by the currency being dollars
it's maybe cheaper then online rates in burgerland, in EU a system like that when buying online is slightly less than the equivalent of 50 USD

reading comprehension much?

The PROM wouldn't recognize a serial keyboard, they won't work with USB keyboards attached to a PCI controller either.

woah good job op you got some old ass outdated computer with equally dated peripherals
im really upset wtf!!

Is this what Sup Forums has become?

>Import all parts from Chindonesia.
>Tighten the screws in the US.
>WE TECH MANUFACTURER NOW!

>wojak cancer
>all lowercase posting
>probably can't even get a (You) on his boring mid-range Ryzen normiebox in a guts thread and is obviously bitter about it
You need to go back.

i got 2 (You)'s so far, also amd is garbage

I don't give a shit about retarded "intended pronunciations" like that. Same with Gif, Gnome, GNU, and so on. I'll pronounce it the sensible way, which is the way it's written. If they wanted it pronounced a different way then they shouldn't written it appropriately. If they wanted it to be pronounced as Dead Mouse then they should have called it Dead Mouse. Retards.

for you

POST BECCA BRA NOW PLEASE

>Gnome
Do you say it Guh Nome? If so you're just fucking retarded, gnome is an actual word and is pronounced Nome

That's exactly it, I pronounce it Gnome like the actual word. The intended pronunciation is Guh-nome and that's just retarded. Same with Guh-nu instead of GNU. Same with Jiff instead of Gif. Same with Deadmouse instead of Deadmau5.

Oh shit wrong thread

>Caution
>Hot surface

>the soyim are willing to pay several dozens of dollars for outdated computer equipment just for the hip factor
Lmao you're even worse than the cucks who pay $50 for a NES cart

should have bought a model m when Sup Forums first started posting them 10 years ago

>he paid $50 for a single processor SPARC workstation
>I paid the same for an Enterprise 250, 512MiB of FPM RAM, a second CPU and a PCI-X SATAII card for it
And no, I don't have any more good pics of it.

What the fuck? I thought GuhNOME was just a meme, I never knew the intended pronunciation of GNU so I said GuhNU, and I've said Giff and DeadMau(No five)

I had a Ultra 30 at home a long time ago. It was a fucking space heater. Also FedEx managed to crack every peice of plastic on the Sun monitor I bought. And fuck Sun for suing 13W3 connectors. You did buy a monitor with a 13W3 cable didnt you?

I'm surprised it actually has VGA instead of the fucking 13W3 connectors sun had an obsession with

>$50
I pad $20 for a 1st gen i7, 8gb of RAM and a gtx560ti
It was lacking a hard drive though

Do you sleep with it? What is her name?

If that's a DDS drive like I think it is, I'm jelly.

Ayyyyyoooo ill get some more shots of it and make a thread when I get home in a week, its a pretty cool setup

Jelly af

Post penis resting on Motherboard pls.

Eh, they also use 80 pin scsi in old sparcs.
I have ss20s and and ultra2s that use 80pin scsi.

Solaris is God tier.

Eek pci.
Gotta luv mbus/sbus.

Who cares if it's $50 or $150, it's nothing money even for my cheap slav ass.

ITT: A MacFag retard memester begging for help with his purchase of a computer he knows nothing about.

>7AM
>erection this strong
Please stop.

It would be one hell of a mindfuck if it had that big DDS logo on it and it wasn't a DDS drive, now wouldn't it?

>Core 2 Duo

Yes, Sun cases with x86 trash guts. The beginning of the end.

I think they also offered SPARCs with the same case.

Yeah, it was so sad seeing them shift towards Intel. And x86 Solaris was total garbage.

Congrats, you're not autistic.
Now fuck off from autist only site.

Twinfammi in da house.
I love your Enterprise 250.

>Ayyyyyoooo ill get some more shots of it and make a thread when I get home in a week, its a pretty cool setup
It's a cool setup indeed. Will give (You)s to see more of it.

>Enterprise 250
>not a Enterprise 1701

This

Nobody who actually had to pay for that shit was sad to see it go, late-era SPARC workstations were awful and only existed for running legacy applications. For five figures you got last-generation tech built around some geriatric die shrink/overclock of a binned server chip that was being blown the fuck out by commodity hardware five years ago, and that's just in the high end, I pity the vendor-locked shops that had to contend with UltraSPARC IIs into the 2000s. Even that shitty little C2D Ultra 24 would easily wipe the floor with a loaded Ultra 45 at a quarter of the price, guaranteed.

It's not even like the SPARC systems were that much more "exotic" than the x86 variants beyond the ISA buried under a million layers of abstraction and the compatibility it offers, anyway. Both variants are full to the brim with proprietary as shit hardware.