What the best way to buy a digital copy of a film?

What the best way to buy a digital copy of a film?
I want to be able to download it to watch it offline on a laptop.

>inb4 itunes
fuck apple

Google play movies

Torrent it, then donate money to stop feeling guilty.

Just pirate it, idiot.
People selling digital versions of goods are almost certainly cucking you.

you can't download to watch offline on a laptop afaik

>everybody pirates a film
>film makers don't earn enough money to make making that particular film worthwhile to make
>no more of those films

Buy the DVD and rip it

Buy the fucking Blu-ray and rip the video if you really want to spend.
Paying for anything not in physical format is retarded.

Dubs of truth.

95% of the profits are theater box office sales anyway. Pirating a movie not in theaters anymore steals pretty much nothing.

>2017
>buying discs with media data on it

>implying everyone torrenting something happens in practice
>implying companies actually lose money
I've torrented 4 million copies of fallout 4 and Bethesda is still in business with no reports, no articles, about how they are losing so much money. What the fuck? I thought torrenting made corporations lose money

>lets do this shitty thing because a small percentage of people are doing it which makes it ok

What was that, user?

off by one

Not an argument. Why is Bethesda still in business? They should be bankrupt now.
O-oh, hi Todd. Uh, lovely weather we're having. Hey, thanks for the great games you make! I love playing them heh

>all the fucking posts about "h..how would the company make money?"
Daily reminder that theft is taking the original.
Making a copy is not theft.

Making a copy of something should not be illegal. The company does it when they charge it, but what gives them the right to ownership?
Sure, the creators of the content worked hard to make the content, but it's not like they get a fair cut of the earnings.
If ownership of created property is determined by work put into making it, then I own just as much of the product as the CEO of whatever the company producing said content is.

pretty much this, syndication and blu ray sales are pathetic

Buying stuff in a physical format, whether you like it or not, is still by far the best way to obtain content legally, be it music, movies, ...
With a physical disc at least you are not depending on any third party for your content.
Say your HDD fails (it does happen quite frequently) and your backups are fucked, what do you do? Download it again? Who knows whether that site you bought digital shit from still exists.
Granted, my example is an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

I was thinking of going to my public library and renting out movies and ripping them on from my ThinkPad. How well would this work? I live in a well populated city so my selection is pretty nice

Better than streaming it online and falling victim to the botnet.

The logic is that if pirating is fine, then as more people start pirating something, eventually it won't be fine as companies will start losing a sizeable amount of income, and they will just cut their losses and move on to something else.

>DVD is more reliable than a large cloud service, running some massive reliable RAID array data server
maybe like 10 years ago, but not anymore
These fucking huge data centres are built to be more reliable than anything in RAID 0

That's what I thought you said.

>paying for a legal copy of something which took lots of money to make
>being cucked

Do you think you have ownership of the things you "buy" from those sorts of places?
No, you're fucking renting them, and you can only watch it on their terms, They can even take it away from you without any warning.

Depends on whether you value the time and effort over the end result of having a ripped movie.

In my circumstance, it wouldn't be worth it because I have decent Internet connection, and maybe half a million people live within an hour's drive, so the public libraries suck.

But there are plenty of movies that are nigh on impossible to get online, so it may be worth looking into those at least.

Oh I'm sorry only iTunes can do what you want

>They can even take it away from you without any warning
But they won't, because people would throw a shit fit and not use their service
Also the whole point of this thread is to find a way that isn't going to cuck me
ATM without buying the DVD, I think only iTunes offer what I want
but I really don't want to give my money to apple

Any chance you'll make a new game any time soon? I'm not buying any more copies of skyrim

>But they won't
But they have. Are you not aware of the time Amazon deleted some book from their service and all of their (notice I didn't say "people's") devices?

You need to prove that they are losing sizable amounts of income first

I dont care.