Almost 2018

>almost 2018
>not running your own LTE network with one of these babies

Other urls found in this thread:

crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr/updates/oai-lte-demo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can I get a rundown on stuff like that? And wireless isps and tech in general?
Or at least point me in the right direction with resources
I've heard of individuals or groups starting small wireless isps

agree wtf is it? about time for the fcc to get rid of air neturality

crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr/updates/oai-lte-demo

You can use LimeSDR to run your own LTE network.

LimeSDR costs $300 each without enclosure or antenna.

microwave

I dont follow this tech, is lte the good one or is gsm the good one?
what are the legalities of this?

Totally legal as long as you do it in the unlicensed band space (900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.7 GHz).

What is that thing?

It looks like a morbidly obese, microwave-shaped tablet.

what the fuck is that microwave

LTE device standard compliance testing system.

It acts as a small cell tower, providing voice, data, and other custom carrier services (MMS, IMS, TV over cellular, etc.) over LTE signal over however many frequency bands you specify.

Device manufacturers and cell carriers use this to test standard conformance and performance of new cell phones being introduced.

You can also just use it to run a small, private LTE service.

Why would I want to unironically test a cellular connection at home? This shit is for work.

building an running an sdr is pretty neat.
unfortunately it's pretty cucked here in europe.

been making antennas since I was 10 and already had a run in with the authorities over a sender I built
(not only do you need a license, apparently it radiated way too much energy)
nothing really happened, because the guy was an amateur radio operator himself.
he was more impressed and told me to just get a license if I want to do this stuff,
but fuck me, learning about the law to operate your own stuff sucks

Because you can use your own LTE network as long as you stay within two block radius of your home antenna.

How would they even catch you? If I set it up in the woods how could they prove I did it?

why do i need extra RF in my home? its not good for you at all

Nearby HAM radio operators notice.

FCC has enforcement vans with tons of radio detection equipment to nail down exactly where the rogue signals are coming from.

But what the fuck for? I don't live in the fucking woods, and I pay for my cell service with decent coverage where I live.

Because it's cool, nigga. Also, don't have to pay Verizon $400/mo to stream movies over LTE while doing chores around the neighborhood.

>Search for a place to buy it.
>Website doesn't even list price, just contact us for a quote.
>Find one on ebay
>$30,999.

are you retarded?

I pay Mint SIM $300/year for LTE cell service in burgerstan.

Pretty sure it's a lot cheaper than dealing with your retard Windows microwave.

You can deploy the same thing with a LimeSDR, which costs like $300.

The microwave is guaranteed to comply with every single standard you throw at. LimeSDR-based base station is a basic cellular base station without guarantee that it can emulate every single part of the LTE standard.

Yes but if i set it and never go back how are they going to know arrest me? And why are the other ham operators going to Jew me out? I thought they we're the resistance?

>Oh shit everything is going down let me give anons a solution to their issue so they won't say we fucked up with this net neutrality thing.
>Solution costs just 30 thousand dolarydoos.
I refuse to believe you're not just rubbing salt in the wounds of the muricans.

Dude lookup the mdo 3000 for tektronics, that kind of stuff is retarded and already out of date!

this there are tons of guys scanning a broad band of frequencies either stationary or by modifying their cars and driving around for fun.

old friend complained a lot when they switched the emergency system to encrypted digital, as now you can't listen in on police calls anymore

>I thought they we're the resistance?
They're a le secret club, and absolutely anal about proper licences and registrations. If you're a unregistered pirate sending on any frequency, they band together to triangulate your position and rat you out, like bloodhounds

>dealing with your retard Windows microwave.

everybody has a microwave

[citation needed]

Radio waves make your benis more feminine.

>Mint SIM
shit this looks pretty good. How is the service?

It's an MVNO going off of T-Mobile's towers, so the coverage is about the same.

Data connection is decent, but there are a few odd times where the internet gets slow, but it gets solved by toggling airplane mode. Highest plan available is 10GB/mo.

There is no visual voicemail, so you have to use the button prompts.

One more kicker is that you have to manually put in some URLs in the cellular settings in order to enable MMS, which is allegedly how they get rid of activation fees.

For the money, this shit is a breath of fresh air.

>tfw no Mint in Canada
>tfw no Google Project Fi in Canada
>tfw no cheap MVNO in Canada

Freedom Mobile

Go duct tape some hubcaps and smartphone USB cords on a very big moose, you Can-cuck

>EM spectrum libertarian
wew

HAM operators can suck a dick, they've been ruining telecomms for years.

>Nearby HAM radio operators notice.
you mean the fags that cause ghost like emissions to come from unpowered speakers in the middle of the night?

>If you're a unregistered pirate sending on any frequency, they band together to triangulate your position and rat you out, like bloodhounds

It wouldn't surprise me if this has happened before, but mostly if you're not using amateur radio spectrum, causing intentional interference, or otherwise messing things up we leave you alone.

You don't even need to be a ham to foxhunt as it's receive only. Our complaints get taken a little more seriously at the FCC. Mostly we hide legal transmitters and try to find them like some high tech hide and seek.

That said if you have good opsec it's almost impossible to catch you. This would require regular anonymity opsec along with a familiar with RDF techniques and the practical difficulties. Mostly don't say shit, don't follow a pattern, and don't get lazy.

Is there any SDR device good to use as a spectrum analyzer?

you don't know anything about anything

They always get you with the calibration meme.

remov

Tell me more.

Part of the 2.4ghz band is licensed space.

>get a large number of people all across the planet to set these up
>create an encrypted, private network with no government regulations and no reliance on government-owned infrastructure

>Thinks there's no regulations for radio frequency waves.
>Will literally get in trouble with the army, airforce and navy of their respective country or at best with some civilian organization and get his ass sued until he needs to give blowjobs to hobos to afford a cardboard home.
Radio frequencies are regulated as fuck all around the world you inbreed mongrel.

I didn't say broadcast on restricted frequencies you retard.

>you can use your own LTE network as long as you stay within two block radius of your home antenna

So its nice for people who basically don't go outside, ok.