What languages would you recognise if heard spoken other than the ones you know?

What languages would you recognise if heard spoken other than the ones you know?

For me only Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin and Arabic

Portuguese and Spanish sound the same. Similar with Scandinavian and slavic languages

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=isDcz-5fAF0
youtube.com/watch?v=9XBYMPjtRJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Italian, German and Japanese, I guess. I know French and Spanish.

>Portuguese and Spanish sound the same.
They really shouldn't. At least European Portuguese sounds very slavic.

portuguese, spanish, italian, french, german, serbian, chinese, japanese

How can you distinguish Mandarin from the other Chinese varieties? It seems so hard for a non-native.

Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, German, French, Dutch, Italian
Everything east of the Elbe sounds pretty muc the same desu

Dutch, Afrikaans, French, Russian, German, Italian, Japanese, Indian, Arabic

t. Diverse city

You have to be able to tell a when a person is speaking Finnish, it's unlike any other language except Estonian maybe.

Also Danish sounds way different than Swedish and Norwegian.

youtube.com/watch?v=isDcz-5fAF0

Fucking danes GODAEG

Dutch
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Korean
Arabic
Albanian
Serbian
Bosnian

So, same as you pretty much but there are a lot of Albanians, Serbians, and Bosnian around here. Serbian and Bosnian sound a lot alike but the different accents make them easier to differentiate.

I would say Spanish but I get it confused with Brazilians speaking Portuguese sometimes

Oh yeah I could recognise Finnish I'm pretty sure

Could you really distinguish Russian from something like Ukrainian or Belarusian?

Indian, german, italian, portuguese, english, japanese, russian, arabic, french, chinese, catalan, mallorquin

No it sounds too close to Russian, I'd be able to recognise South Slavic languages though

>Indian
Yeah good fucking luck with that one buddy

>Indian
>Chinese
those aren't languages nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=9XBYMPjtRJI
People say that Greek sound like Spanish.
Is that so?

Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English
Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish
French, Spanish, Portugese, Italian
Greek, Turkish, Hebrew, Arabic
Russian
Mandarin, Japanese

Most slavic languages are indistinguishable. I'm not very familiar with Asian and African languages either.

Of the European languages Swedish is one if the easiest because they do letter combinations that are really awkward.

Very much so.

What's the difference between Norwegian and Swedish?

Yeah, you speak very fast just like Spaniards do
I am surprised

You need start to learn chinese and quickly :^)

Uncannily so. It's the H's that do it for me.

there's mandarin and then there's the other regional chinese variants, Chinese is a blanket term like slavic

Mandarin, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Spanish or German.

>a fucking piss stained Hong Kongese flag

Spanish, Italian, French, German, Japonese, Arabic

I can't tell between the Norse langs. I have trouble telling between Scots and country English dialects. Scottish and Irish are actually pretty easy though because Scottish has sounds that Irish just doesn't have. The Welsh sound like owls so that's easy enough. Even Cornish and Breton don't quite sound the same.

I can't tell between the various German dialects/languages other than Standard German. All I know is I'm listening to something with gutteral noises I can't recognize.

Apparently I confuse country dialects of Korean and Japanese, which I'm sure would make those two countries very happy. They do sound pretty similar to me though. Sorry.

I can't tell between a lot of the African languages very easily, which is odd because it's the most genetically diverse place on earth and has a lot of linguistic diversity. I can tell some of the southern langs though because they've absorbed sounds from the San and pygmy langs that no one else has.

The Polynesian langs all sound the same to me.

Our flag exists before Hong Kong, m8. Anyway it's just a generic commie flag.

Now I can't unsee this. Astraya you've poisoned my brain with your shit, this time.

Sorry m8