Can you realistically avoid the Net Neutrality shit by VPNing to a non-shit country?

Can you realistically avoid the Net Neutrality shit by VPNing to a non-shit country?

Or is America's grip on the internet going to ruin everything for us all?

Other urls found in this thread:

amp.dailycaller.com/2017/12/14/msnbc-anchor-loses-net-neutrality-debate-with-former-fcc-chairman-video/? dailycaller/GMPI (The Daily Caller)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States#Violations
eff.org/deeplinks/2017/06/isps-across-country-tell-chairman-pai-not-repeal-network-neutrality
broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/smaller-isps-ask-pai-dispel-cloud-title-ii/165261
github.com/ValdikSS/GoodbyeDPI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It won't do anything, nothing will change. You might be paying slightly less.

you can't vpn around NN.

for the same reason a USA citizen can't connect his house to the European power grid

amp.dailycaller.com/2017/12/14/msnbc-anchor-loses-net-neutrality-debate-with-former-fcc-chairman-video/? dailycaller/GMPI (The Daily Caller)

educate yourselves. former FCC commissioner explains why leftists are full of bullshit in very plain terms.

It will start with "Family Safe" net packages that are cheap and provide a safe internet "web" of allowed websites and apps.

This is going to turn shit. It will just take years and people forget. We're fucked m80.

Yeah yeah and you can't crack denuvo, dvd encryption stops pirate, Chinese people can't visit sites the state doesn't want them to see, and ...

I swear the goyim never learn.

watch the fucking video. Net Neutrality was better for big companies to help them censor the small guys.

If they allow you to connect to the VPN server at decent speed in the first place, sure. If they want to implement a "your shit's slow unless you pay extra" plan, then your shit will be slow in general and will only work at normal speed on the sites you're paying extra for, so VPN will be slow by default.

I can go to the store and buy a dvd and take it home and figure out how to crack it.

if the only thing between you and the internet is your ISP, guess who can tell you where you can and cant go?

idiot

>Or is America's grip on the internet going to ruin everything for us all
Yep

Well the way they'll most likely do is what cellphone service providers are already doing, where you'll get a select few services/websites that don't count against your data cap.

ISPs in the US often have unadvertised "soft" caps on their "unlimited" access plans, where you'll get a warning after 1TB or so usage in a given month. So going forward, they might reduce the data cap on basic plans, but it will be uncapped for a few popular sites the ISP makes deals with.

The short of it is that you won't be able to get around it with a VPN, since the VPN traffic won't be going to an uncapped site, so it will be subject to the same data cap as any other traffic.

This is such abject bullshit. Net neutrality didn't even exist three years ago . THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO. I know that sounds like a long time when you're 12 years old, but it really isn't. Nothing is going to change. Everything is going to continue to be just as shitty as it always has been. Please fuck off and die.

ah yes, that's why china has failed over and over again to ban vpns

“So, you have the Federal Trade Commission Act, for instance, you have the Clayton Act and the Sherman Act,” McDowell said. “Those are three very powerful federal statutes that kept the internet open and free prior to February of 2015.”

There are THREE existing statues, (in place WELL before 2015) that prevent ISPs from throttling competitors.

Federal Trade Commission Act
Clayton Act: Section III
Sherman Act: Section I and Section II

They have been used in lawsuits against various ISPs over the years.

Investment in the mobile sector dropped 18% after the in-statement of NN due to the complexity required to navigate the new rulings. This made it impossible for small players to compete.

>avoid the Net Neutrality shit by VPNing to a non-shit country?
ISPs are going to throttle or block your VPN traffic.

>avoid the Net Neutrality shit by VPNing to a non-shit country?
So you pay your ISP for an "Internet" connection, then pay a VPN provider to make that connection usable. Basically paying twice for the same service. Maybe Verizon isn't getting that second check, but you're still paying it.

>THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO
Net Neutrality was important 3 years ago. It's important now. It will always be important. You might be to short sighted to see how important it is.

>Comcast blocked VPN ports
>Cox "disciplined" VPN users
>AT&T told customers using wifi for home networking was "theft of service"
>Comcast throttled/blocked bittorrent in 2007
>Comcast restricted access to Netflix and other sites to protect their own TV services in 2012

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States#Violations

it's not important, you drank google's kool aid

>Investment in the mobile sector dropped 18% after the in-statement of NN due to the complexity required to navigate the new rulings. This made it impossible for small players to compete.
This is utter bullshit.
>Mark Jen, the chief technical officer of a small internet provider which was founded last year by a group of former Square employees, said that complying with net neutrality doesn’t require any work.
>“The default configuration of all of the [networking] equipment is to [follow net neutrality],” Jen says. “While net neutrality sounds like rules and regulations, it’s actually just saying everybody has to run stuff in the default mode, which is as fast as possible and great for everybody.”
As well as eff.org/deeplinks/2017/06/isps-across-country-tell-chairman-pai-not-repeal-network-neutrality

>Net neutrality didn't even exist three years ago
>FCC Open Internet Order of 2010 didn't even exist three years ago
?

Slavery is Freedom. War is Peace. Poverty is Wealth. Trump is our God Emperor.

You all do realize that Congress can overturn the repeal, correct?

I don't support that zionist cocksucker

Yup, its impossible to successfully block every VPN, encrypted packages are essential even for normie internet like whatsapp or banking

No reason to block, just throttle every non-whitelisted service by default.

I fail to see how a quote from a 'small internet provider' that was only a year old company when they said it could represent the kind of regional and national scale of an AT&T or Comcast, or even a wireless one like Verizon.

Its not like a small ISP is working to get optical to my neighborhood or some shit.

The post I quoted said that
>[net neutrality] made it impossible for small players to compete.
So I'd say that a direct quote from a small ISP claiming otherwise is quite a good counterargument.

>implying you cant fake origin and destiny of the packages

Origin sure with UDP but not really destination if you want to actually have the packet delivered.

No. The traffic still have to pass thru your ISP. Are americans this retarded?

This dumb bastard linking to Daily Caller. Fuck off libertarian trash.

If it's just throttling sites or torrents then yes, you can. If it's a whitelist then no. And it won't be a whitelist because muh online games.

>Net neutrality
I guess you are 12 then? Net neutrality has been around as a concept since the introduction of the public internet. There just wasn't solidified regulation until three years ago.

I have been hearing about this battle since 2004-2005 under the same name, net neutrality, to keep the internet free and open from the bullying of ISPs.

This is why you could tell an ISP to stop throttling your torrent numbnuts.

Net neutrality existed de facto

It became formal once the FCC lost a case around 2014, which basically said that in order to do what they wanted to do, ISPs had to be classified as common carriers. So, the FCC classified them as such in 2015, formalizing the existing status quo.

Not that you care about facts, since you're making the fallacious argument that the 2015 decision marks the start of Net Neutrality.

>it's hard to compete with bigger companies in a sector of natural monopolies

No shit. Also, don't delude yourself that there are any little guys in telecom.

There's uhhhh... Hughesnet?

>natural monopolies
Really? Why isn't ND affected by those natural monopolies?

>satellite internet
It's shit

Because no one lives in those areas except for injuns you fucking moron

>nobody lives there, therefore there's more than 1 ISP offering service
I don't see the logic in it.

>minimum 1
You can't meet the criteria if you can't make the minimum, dingus

The green parts are exactly 1, the rest is either more than 1 or 0 and I highly doubt 90% of ND doesn't have any wired internet access.

Natural monopoly doesn't mean that it's always natural causes. It means that the costs are too fucking high for new competition to pop up.
What is happening in ND is probably the governement helping and encouraging new competitors.

The real question is, why the other states don't follow suit?

Have you ever been to North Dakota? There ain't shit there man

It doesn't take much to buy 1Gbps line from a bigger ISP and then resell it. That's how vast majority of small ISPs do it.

Not true in the slightst you brainwahsed retard
>Almost two dozen smaller ISPs have told FCC chairman Ajit Pai that the FCC's 2015 Open Internet order reclassifying ISPs as Title II common carrier telecom services "hangs like a black cloud," a cloud they are urging him to dispel ASAP.

>Pai, also no fan of Title II, has been talking with telecoms and edge providers about how to proceed with protecting net neutrality without the regs he has argued are heavy handed and counterproductive to investment and innovation.
broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/smaller-isps-ask-pai-dispel-cloud-title-ii/165261

I highly doubt that there wouldn't be at least 1 ISP.

Funny about that, there aren't a vast number of small ISPs

They don't run cable lines to the rural farms you dip

Not for landline, the ISPs excuse is there aren't enough customers per square mile to warrant serving the area, they'd never get their investment in the infrastructure back

The fcc also proved that net neutralily did nothing to stifle innovation and investment into isp networks

>He believes the "packaging" meme
You are truly retarded

>broadcasting cable.com
>linking a fucking trade newsletter site
You might as well have linked us straight to the cable lobby's website you fucking shill

except the post you quoted talked about investment and not just limited to small ISPs, not whether small ISPs could compete.

Besides, small ISPs are not building infrastructure period. They are not part of the new development discussion, and never will be. They don't have the capital or investment arm necessary to do that kind of shit.

I want small ISPs to compete at the service level, I don't unreasonably expect them to do the legwork of laying service lines in a broad capacity, thats stupid.

That map is misleading as hell. The coverage is where people live in ND, they have a service coverage rate of 92% the population and can get at least 25mbps.

Christ you're dense.

And he said that it was
>due to the complexity required to navigate the new rulings
which is plain false, as the quote I posted pointed out.

Have you actually been to a rural area? I work with people in Minnesota who have to use point to point microwave on their house because they are 20 miles out of town

Take your talking points back to /r/t_d

which a small ISP would know nothing about because they don't do any investing of the type being talked about. Like getting optical to my neighborhood.

Why do you think he would know nothing about how much he has to configure his equipment in order to comply with net neutrality rules? The amount of configuration is 0. Nothing. None. There's no complexity involved.

everyone fighting for NN either fell for the liberal memes or truly doesn't know how the internet works kek

i look forward to those blazing fast and cheap as hell new internet packages

The Sup Forums shills are out in full force tonight

Since when is Minnesota in North Dakota?

>anyone who is against me is from Sup Forums
libtards really are something

It's quite easy to guess since you shove politics into technology.

Similar areas, if you actually knew anything about that area you'd know that map is completely misleading. The isps are directv and and hughes, not a physical cable.

Enter the real world

>Provider type: Wireline
Since when are satellites wired?

Why the fuck would they

github.com/ValdikSS/GoodbyeDPI/

did someone replace his body with that of an infants?