Ok Sup Forums, time to settle it once and for all. What is the BEST browser in existence?

Ok Sup Forums, time to settle it once and for all. What is the BEST browser in existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/932666411679301632
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is Palemoon on top? Kinda lost a tad bit of respect for them whenever the whole AdNauseum shit was going down. ungoogled-chromium seems pretty gud tho.

Icecat. Uses the ESR release schedule so it's safe from the FF57 shit at least for now and is GNU-licensed

ESR gets quantum in like first quarter next year.
I might actually switch to IceCat when that happens. I definitely appreciate "muh speed increase", but with all the news coming out about how corrupted and compromised the browser is now, I don't want to touch the Moz://a version

Remove asterisk from waterfox. It does not want to fight misinformation and wants to become it's own thing.

Otter works great on old machines it just needs to get a bit more stable. It's only a little slower than k-meleon 76rc2

>tfw use to use Dolphin

>, time to settle it once and for all.

ok

>Why is Palemoon on top
More secure than Firefox, better memory usage, almost no mozilla code, friendly UI that don't change every 3 months to appeal to hipsters, no start page asking to fight ''fake news'', no hidden telemetry, etc

lynx is the most useful

luakit if you don't need an untractable interface

Doobie can’t even block YouTube ads.

I prefer Waterfox to Pale Moon ever since the Ad Nauseum bullshit.

Chromium.

Pajeet browser coded by 2 people (random pajeets) same with pale moon, compared to a secure browser maintained by a whole company (Firefox) kys.

Coded by a bunch of neckbeards vs major company is more secure?

remove asterisk from seamonkey

>palemoon
Dev has gone full retard, it's still usable but is starting to veer toward ideology wankery. Also performance severely degrades over time (same as FF) and memory usage goes through the roof (not as much as FF).
>icecat
Literally rebranded firefox. By definition, cannot be on a different tier than firefox.
>dooble
Literal botnet.
>firefox, waterfox
Literally the same browser with different branding. Ideological wankery, tracking, ads, no longer uses xul addons, slow and memory hogs. Garbage. No point in using them anymore.
>netsurf
proper js support neverever. Much underdeveloped. Blazing fast, though.
>iridium
A botnet version of chromium.
>ungoogled-chromium
The only chromium to use, but still not trustworthy (you never know when they'll let google's automatic silent voice recorder blob download slip by even if merely by mistake).
>brave
A money-grabbing scheme. Electron fucking UI. Aside from that, yet another chrome clone. Not even remotely usable.
>qupzilla/falkon
Actually good. However, loads elements BEFORE blocking them very often, and often have to load pages twice to get them to properly load without breakage. This MIGHT be a limitation of QTWebEngine however, which in turns would be due to bugs in chromium's base. I recall chrom* having similar load-then-block issues.
>moar ff shit
See above
>safari, midori, edge, ie
Fuckall features, buggy as shit, not fast, etc.
>botnets
Botnets
>uzbl, lynx, w3m
uzbl is defunct but was fine while it lasted, buggy as shit and crashed a lot though. Text-mode browsers don't work for most modern websites, thus pointless.
>otter
Good, similar to falkon. Based on qtwebkit instead of qtwebengine (though qtwebengine is supported, haven't had the opportunity to try it). Unlike falkon, has a webinspector and right-click->frame info, very useful. However this is due to using qtwebkit rather than qtwebengine, which is deprecated in favor of the latter. Generally better tooling.

>almost no mozilla code
it's 99.99% mozilla code, but not the new cancershit. He does a good job backporting useful improvements without the cancer, and is often way ahead than firefox when fixing CVEs and missing HTML5/CSS3 features.

Welcome to the modern world, where big companies are too busy looking for penies than caring about their product.

one i'm using

nice blog

>>palemoon
>Also performance severely degrades over time (same as FF) and memory usage goes through the roof (not as much as FF).
this

t. inbred

salty neckbeard

>palemoon
I use it. I understand you might not due to the adnauseam thing or whatever, but it's a pretty nice browser. Runs better for me than FF.
>icecat
No. It's not "Literally rebranded firefox". You're thinking of IceWeasel, which was that weird debian shit, which is now canceled. Icecat is made by GNU.
A snippet from their page:

Important differences between Mozilla's Firefox and GNU IceCat is that IceCat has a focus on freedom and privacy

EME is not implemented: Whereas Firefox are being created such that they support Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) systems through their implementation of the Encrypted Media Extension (EME), GNU IceCat doesn't include an EME implementation as it opposes efforts to popularize and ease the dissemination of DRM technology.
IceCat is configured with: WebRTC disabled
Telemetry is disabled.
Inbuilt add-ons
Unlike Firefox ESR, IceCat comes pre-installed with add-ons. They are:
GNU LibreJS
SpyBlock (Adblock Plus fork) to block privacy trackers.
HTTPS Everywhere to get redirected to HTTPS when possible.
HTML5 Video Everywhere! to replace proprietary video players with Firefox native video player.

>dooble
How is it a botnet? Please tell me how in the holy mother of fuck Dooble is a botnet?

>firefox, waterfox
Once again, you're wrong. Did you even take the 5 seconds necessary to look this shit up?
From waterfox's page:

Features
Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
Removed Pocket
Removed Telemetry
Removed data collection
Removed startup profiling
Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
Allow running of unsigned extensions
Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
Addition of Duplicate Tab option
Locale selector in about:preferences > General

>netsurf
Yeah apparently there's efforts to get some js support, but even the page for the browser admits that it's gonna be a ton of work. I do agree that it's blazing fast though, but without js support, many sites won't load at all.
>ungoogled-chromium
I believe it's also usually behind on updates too.
>brave
See pic related. Also, see tweet below
twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/932666411679301632
Stop. Spreading. FUD.
>qupzilla/falkon
I wish this had actual extension support and whatnot, because with a proper noscript/umatrix, and maybe some vim keybinds, I would use it as my main browser for sure

Butthurt shill is butthurt

Opera works for me.

I like w3m and qutebrowser.

Emacs 25 has a full-fledged graphical browser now. See xwidget-webkit

That just embeds a (broken!) webkit via the xwidgets interface, it's as much "emacs has it" as "mpv is a part of firefox" because addons allow you to embed mpv into it.

>moar ff shit
See my responses
>safari, midori, edge, ie
I hear webkit nightly is pretty damn fast, but I otherwise agree. I also think it's kinda hilarious how much Microshit tried to sell edge, only to have its numbers be shit after the bots were removed from the statistics.
>botnets
Botnets
>uzbi, lynx, w3m
I wish the text-mode browsers worked better. I think they're comfy. w3m also does have image support, which is nice. Sadly we live in a world of Javascript bloat, so teminal browsers aren't happening.
>otter
I know they're trying to recreate old opera, which is cool. Unfortunately the browser was completely broken when I tried it. Wouldn't load a single page.

>anyone who disagrees with me is clearly a shill

It lets me yank text and I have it configured to scroll on mouse wheel. Also youtube works, so it's good enough for me.

What things about it have you noticed are broken? I'd like to try my hand at submitting a patch or two.

>dooble
>botnet
...what