Does anyone actually use a netbook in the year 2017? If so, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Does anyone actually use a netbook in the year 2017? If so, what the fuck is wrong with you?

yes. It's cute so fuck you!

>not being a consumer whore in 2017
I don't want my friends to think I'm a cuck so I'm always sure to keep all my shit current

I do, I bought my Acer 1830T more than give years ago, and it still works well.

When it'll die, I'll use a Thinkpad X230, and so on.

Still have my 2009 Acer Aspire One. The poor things has been through a lot. Have started to wonder if it could come back to something resembling usefulness with a cheapo SSD and Linux. It still runs full XP just fine, but 1.5GB DDR2 and an old noisy HDD are painful.

What's a computer?

Install Puppy.

>use a netbook
I used my 10" Asus eee PC a whole lot when traveling - until it just died. Bought it in 2009 or something like that. Didn't buy a new one, though, small tablets had come to market by the time it died. There's a limit to how much more work you can do on a 10" compared to a tablet..

Netbooks are perfect to be used as a cryptocurrency handling pc. Use debian and connect to the internet only to make transactions.

Not a bad idea. Been meaning to stock up on cheap SSDs at Micro Center sometime, so that could be a fun quick project.

The tablet/smart phone quickly made netbook obsolete, it's true. But I bought one for cheap because I needed a hypermobile device at the time, didn't care about power since I have a real PC, and tablets still sucked at the time. And I still use it because it still works. So sue me.

someone mentioned that a netbook brought him all the way to his phd and it made sense to me

meanwhile op is fapping to traps

What else would I use to read and surf Sup Forums in my bed?

Your phone lmao

I don't use it anymore but I have an Asus EEE and there's a ton of reasons someone would want to rock something similar. battery life. portability. cheap af.

Geez, kids those days. Do you read your books on the phone too?

>have to hold it
>slow typing
>copypasting is annoying
>small screen
>can't properly code on it

I have a tablet that I use for pirated textbooks

Of course. Also reading manga on the phone in bed is comfy as fuck and the superior experience.

What's going on in this thread

I like brown switches too

Using my Acer Aspire One (2009) right now, comfy as fuck

Google glasses?

how do you feel about having to replace your sceen, mouse, kayboard, motherboard, ram, psu, case, graphics every time you want to upgrade your cpu?
do you feel like a fucking looser? cos i would

It's comfy, just that, nothing is wrong with me, check your head, son

yeah, i almost daily use my macbook pro

Blue*

Using it to seed in a private tracker

I wish I had one, desu. I still have my laptop with a dedicated GPU, but it's bulky as fuck. I bought it before I had a decent home PC, so it's kind of redundant now

Looking to buy one. I just need a cheap, light netbook with decent battery life for watching youtube, studying and light coding. Any recommendations?

Macbook air?

He said a cheap *usable* computer, not a facebook air.

>facebook air
kek
But seriously, isn't a used macbook air is kinda cheap and more durable than most of netbooks out there. It also has longer battery life. And it's not windows.