Which linux distro should I install for the upcoming cyberpunk dystopia?

Which linux distro should I install for the upcoming cyberpunk dystopia?

Anonymous, encrypted, good web support, and bonus points if I can play vidya without booting windows off another drive.

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/get-started/about/
gentoo.org/get-started/philosophy/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/FAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unironically Gentoo

alpine linux

i love smug leftist posts

I've heard Gentoo has a steep learning curve. Is that true for everyone or just computer illiterate people?

> Vidya
> in a fucking dystopia

It's gonna have to do until somebody invents cyberpunk drug stims

>Is that true for everyone or just computer illiterate people?
Just the illiterate. I recently fell for the Gentoo meme from botnet10 being a 100% Winfag. Of course problems arose, make sure to stick to the handbook during the installation and PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU'RE READING, there's always a reason something is written there. After the install, Gentoo (and to a certain extent Arch) Wiki is your friend. If push comes to shove, there are forums and IRC channel to get personal help.
Make sure to go in determined, focused, willing to learn and solve problems.

What does Gentoo offer that makes it worth the effort? What sets it apart?

Portage, Gentoo's package manager, singlehandedly. It offers tremendous amounts of choice thanks to having your machine compile all the packages from source and allowing you to configure what features you want via USE flags (keep in mind that this is also a double-edged sword, Gentoo is not ideal for low-powered machines, unless you set up a more powerful one to compile the binaries for you). You also get the option of compiling your own kernel (not as difficult as it sounds, essentially consists of ticking or unticking a whole bunch of boxes to select or unselect functions and device drivers) to further cut down on the unnecessary and/or unwanted features.
Couple that with the fact that Gentoo, by default, uses OpenRC instead of systemd (you of course still have the choice to use systemd if you wish).
Gentoo is all about user choice. This can be useful and fun but is also time-consuming. You can of course leave on all the default USE flags with all packages and use genkernel to compile your kernel for you, but then why use Gentoo?
gentoo.org/get-started/about/
gentoo.org/get-started/philosophy/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/FAQ

Theoretically, in this technodystopia, you'd want a librebooted thinkpad. Therefore you have a core 2 duo. Is compiling on gentoo worth it? Or what about
>Void Linux
Or
>Parabola
?

>anonymus
>wants to use internet and play games

lincuck faggots are.so fucking retarded, as soon as you join the internet you can be and will be spied on doesnt matter what shitro you use idiot

>Gentoo users need personal help to use their computer

>but then why use Gentoo
Because it is cool, hip and the fat not showered guy on the front-page told me too install it

install Arch. it will fit the broken dystopian feel.

>install os
>need constant help to be able to use it

linshit shillers are fucking retarded

>muh gobbal wurming and nut nurbality

>Daddy buys new computer
>Everything werks right off the bat
>Feel like a technology god
>Go to Sup Forums
>Oh no people actually use computers here
>Try and justify to yourself that you're worth something here by making constant mac/iphone threads and telling people not to be poor

Insecure much?

I think that's the point the greentext was trying to make, yes

>live in cyberpunk dystopia
>still want to play video games

So still global warming? I thought we got past that and it was Climate change now?

>use comouters by having to ask for help to use the os

Wow truly zhe l33t3st hackerest board

da plannet ib oberheadingggg hurrrhurrr

probably Debian, its the most used/supported distro that is still 100% libre by default

I hate when people accept their wife's kids as their own.

100% this

>If push comes to shove
That implies that should you need it, it's there. I never said that it's absolutely essential, you should do just fine on your own unless you're an illiterate brainlet who can't into reading manuals. Work on your reading comprehension lads.

Yep, can't go wrong with Debian.
If you're extra paranoid, install Devuan (debian without systemd) and get a libreboot-compatible device.
t. running devuan sid on an X200

>parabola
Isn't that basically arch? You'll then have to pull systemdicks out of your machine with tweezers, bit by bit. Sounds like a waste of time when void, slackware, or even something like guix exist

I love it when donald redditors think they know more than climatologists. Never stops making me laugh.

What about that post is leftist? Other than the tweet which looks ironic to me

>cyberpunk
>Dystopia
Ohh god fucking damn hipster had to ruin everything , now every lottle shit starts scream "1984" at every little shit and buzzwords like "Orwellian" and *punk+dystopia

Android

qubes is pretty neat and can do all of this.
Anonymous, encrypted web support using the whonix feature, vidya by just configuring a windows domain.

I know a lot of people hate systemd, but is it an actual security issue? Personally I’m more concerned about the shitty proprietary firmwares I’ve got kicking around, but haven’t found a Libreboot compatible laptop that doesn’t have crap specs

Systemd has security holes you can drive a truck through and new ones show up all the time. The device team is run by clowns.

because global warming was invented to push leftist policies.
are you seriously this retarded that you don't know this?
even Noam Chomsky was pushing that we need to take in hordes if immigrants because of global warming

>reading comprehension
What about that post, OTHER THAN THE TWEET WHICH LOOKS IRONIC, mentions global warming in any way?

>it used to get cold outside

Where does it say that in the post

obviously he meant the post to twitter

Oh right I'm actually fucking retarded

Sup Forums has been so filled with both cancerous leftis redittards and cancerous t_d tier Sup Forumstards lately that I'm not even able to properly interpret posts anymore

I found gentoo a lot easier to use than arch.
Also when compiling shit from source most of the time just werks, unlike fedora or ubuntu

>Which linux distro should I install for the upcoming cyberpunk dystopia?

It honestly doesn't matter. The backdoors already run at ring -3 level.

this, there always watching