When could I have my anime girlfriend?

Let's talk about new technologies that really matter.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i've crunched the numbers and anime girlfriends won't be real until 2043

please be patient

Kurzweil plans an AI as in the movie "Her" for 2029
I hope that this son of a bitch is not mistaken
But it seems to me a thousand times too optimistic

11 years is a long time, my dude.

Except that AI stagnates
We progress in deep learning
But nobody still understands the consciousness, the qualia, the hard problem
Maybe there is no need for all that, with a powerful deep learning we can ensure a girlfriend not too stupid

(You) have the technology at hand
>literally

wut ?

I understood what you were talking about, but it's not watching videos, or my poor imagination, that will make me live with my anime girlfriend

here's my waifu.
check mate.

Hmm, to be honest AI always sounded interesting to me since there's a lot to be discovered. I'm actually taking introductory course in AI next semester but I feel like it's a lost cause because it's hard to imagine that we could develop a true AI.

There are two possible ways:
1- we have not yet understood the physical mechanism of consciousness (and we have not even begun to understand it yet)
2- we are not just a cluster of neurons

But even without real AI, an AI "smart" that allows me to talk a little and fuck my girlfriend anime, it would be very good lol

Have fun in your studies!
I prefer the philosophy of the mind for these questions, tensors and mathematical formulas of Tensorflow, without me lol

i prefer mine user !

Legit opinion.

THIS IS NOW A WAIFU THREAD

>I prefer the philosophy of the mind for these questions
You and me both, user. Also, my waifu will be the first thing I'll work on once I graduate lmao.

nice !

What side are you on?
Physicalist?

>What side are you on?
Yup, physicalist. I think that under the right circumstances at least partly autonomous intelligence is possible.

kurzweil says a lot of things. it's what he's good at.

Maybe intelligence, but consciousness ?

I assume consciousness comes along with certain level of intelligence. With my level of knowledge I can only speculate, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room

nice trap, would fuck

>THIS IS NOW A WAIFU THREAD

>my waifu is a reskinned mass produced shitter

The normal fag of waifu

waifu, you say?

Science doesn't understand. True human consciousness is rare. Decisions are made randomly, by influence of sex hormones, and by repetition

Why do you think history has seen so few inventors and good scientists? True consciousness only occurs a limited amount of time per generation

The average female is just a simple drone. Sure, she can solve logical problems and recall events, but so can any computer. A good AI would be similar to the average female; repeat crap that others have said, have no self-awareness, and make decisions based on external sources

Seibah may be a shit waifu, but man, you should stop and apreciate that armpit.

About the topic on hand, ANN, CI and other fuzz is just glorified linear algebra and statics.
I believe we should put aside the search for "conciusness" for now and focus on developing cheap modular robotic chasis and motor systems. Interactions can be faked using current AI, but our sexbots won't be aware for the time being.

*tips*

>anime girlsfriends wont be real until 2043
anything can be real RIGHT NOW if you have enough autism my friend

You confuse the intelligence and the conscience. Even a moron is conscious.
Consciousness is what is a spectator of your thoughts.

>saber
Babbys 3rd waifu

and you confuse consciousness (opposed to unconsciousness) with self-awareness

Every animal has consciousness, but only humans are supposedly self-aware. You can argue that a computer system which accepts inputs and gives outputs is already "conscious", but not self-aware.

IMO neither are most females. They have no own thoughts, no true creativity and are likely not self-aware. Even the artistic people.. they're just using techniques over and over to make artwork, like stacking bricks to make a house. Their brain switches to default state while doing this. Of course, the same goes for males, but no one is interested in male AIs

I think you're wrong.
If consciousness comes down to the exchange (import - export) of information, then it is a universal datum. A toaster is conscious, an atom too (defensible position if take a spiritualistic interpretation of quantum physics?).
If not, how much information, what precise level, are we passing from conscious to non-conscious? I do not think that such a defined level exists. In philosophy, it looks like the paradox of. pile of rice. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox
I do not confuse consciousness and self-awareness. I did not talk about being aware of your self, but about being aware.
To illustrate this in the classic duality subject / object:
I see my computer, I am not my computer.
I see my body, I am not my body.
I see (perceive) my thoughts, I am not my thoughts.
I am this spectator who perceives everything, all the rest and content of my consciousness.

in Sup Forums terms, consciousness (opposed to unconsciousness) can imo be paralleled to turing machine. Brain is a turing machine, atom is not. It needs to be able to input, process, and output information

Your philosophical bullshit is exactly the reason why we have such a poor understanding of self-awareness. If you try to reduce a complex apparatus to its individual components, you will find that its individual components don't perform the same function as the complex apparatus, therefore you can never understand its function. Therefore we have the global workspace model.

However, this model simply tries to explain "where" the self-awareness is physically located inside human brain, it does not explain what it is, thus this type of research can't be used for AI. The only way I see that AI can become more similar to human is by doing what humans do: copy others, random decisionmaking, comparisons to previous events. Humans rarely possess the level of self-awareness that philosophy speak of as the brain cannot create new information; it always needs external sources, processing the information, and exporting it again. There is no magical fairydust.

>tfw started living a healthy lifestyle so that I'm vital when the waifu age comes around.