When will RAM prices go down again?

When will RAM prices go down again?

Never. Why would merchant ever lower the prices if goy is willing to pay more anyway?
If you could charge someone $50 instead of $30 for a thing, would you stop doing it?

Because of competition. The other companies would charge $45 and price would keep going down until the company won't go down anymore.

>he doesn't know about DRAM cartel

>he doesn't know

More than double in price since 2016.

Where do I bet on ram prices Sup Forums?

>he is not aware

Fucking retards just keep paying the ram Jew. I'd be interested to see some charts that show if sales are dropping off because people are not willing to pay any more.

>bought 8 gigs of DDR3 four years ago for 45 bucks
>want to upgrade with another 8gig stick
>costs $79
That wasn't even the same stick I had, that was just the cheapest compatible one. The current stick im using costs 90 bucks now.

>competition

Yeah, we got Samsung and Hynix!

Just buy $2000 of RAM and resell at $4000 when the price doubles again

I would also like to know this. Why should I pay more for 2 little sticks than my fucking CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT, CHRIST YOU CUNTS MAKE ME MAD REEEEEEEEEEE

mmm mmm, that feel when I put together my pc at the perfect time. everything was cheaper in late 2015 than it is now

and until then 8 GiB of RAM is more than enough for anything non-gaming and non-rendering. I am happily programming with my i3-6100 + 8GiB.

If I'm not mistaken Samsung and the second big DRAM manufacturer are building new factories out of fear China takes the cake with the current situation. I think that by this time next year the prices will be back to normal.

no as long as SSDs are more and more demanded

they will continue to rise until they rival the price of CPU cache

in the year 2020 we will be running RAMless machines composed of 8GB of CPU cache, and they will be the size of a room again

When Android will stop being such a RAM hog and OEMs will stop putting 8GB RAM on their lame ass smartphones.

when we gas all the phone posters

sent from my iphone 10

When the demand goes down or they can triple their manufacturing ability.
>Phones come with 8GB and last two years before being thrown out
>Laptops aren't upgradable so everyone buys 16GB in case websites continue to bloat
>Servers eat ram for breakfast and high densities allow for them to have even more in the same area
Have fun waiting, maybe by then mining will have died down too so you can buy a GPU for MSRP.

When chinks will finally start producing ram chips.

>wanting unreliable chink shit for ram of all things
>wanting backdoors in your ram

>50 USD
>a lot

How much are you guys making? I'm making 40 USD/hour so what income level are you guys on?

In 5 hours.

>>wanting backdoors in your ram
Usually I agree with this sentiment, but... how?
Like ram has less autonomy in a pc system than a power supply, how would RAM phone home?

What are you talking about?

>Thinking cartels are real

God I wish I was retarded like you and thought Jews were really out to get me, maybe Sup Forums would like me more

Man you can program on a single core with like 512MB of RAM

>He thinks he said $50 USD is a lot
Did you know: 50 is more than 30

The Phoebus cartel was a cartel that existed to control the manufacture and sale of incandescent light bulbs by appropriating market territories and fixing the useful life of bulbs.[1] Founded on December 23, 1924 for thirty years (1925 to 1955), it was suspended in 1939 due to World War II. The cartel included manufacturers Osram, General Electric, Associated Electrical Industries, and Philips,[2] among others.

It has nothing to do with the Jews, cartels are a real thing. See