Am I going crazy or did youtube change their layout again?

am I going crazy or did youtube change their layout again?

feels like default videos are bigger but I don't have theater mode on

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing
support.shotgunsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/219031308-Launching-applications-using-custom-browser-protocols
pastebin.com/vKsdSduj
pastebin.com/avtXPrzB
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A/B tests
basically

also, bump
post screenshot

literally go to any youtube video

what does this mean

i would not no, to look at a youtube video I send mail to a demon which runs wget and mails the video back to me. It is very efficient use of my time, but it is slow in real time.

It keeps switching back and forth for me. I do prefer the theater-esque style though.

this does not work for different users

different users = different layout/design changes

some changes may not be visible, noticeable to you, but some of them may be, I think you just realized it now, or it's a bait... hum...

they use it to test users and how they react to these changes.
like changing the font or color or spacing may make the user click more, stay more at the page, buy more things or the opposite of it, etc.

Google and Youtube actually do it a lot

>am I going crazy
yes

I don't have knowledge of good English videos explaining what are and how A/B tests works

>what does this mean
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing

this was a good explanation

I don't think my explanation is good or I did it correctly in the right way, but if you think, well... thanks.

checking...

>using the website
I wrote a script that parses the HTML and just shows me the urls so I can copy+paste for mpv. It allows me to search and everything. I'm trying to figure out how to use the curses library so I can simply select the title I want and start mpv automatically.

Why not use hooktube?

My other script automatically converts it.

mpv is far more efficient at playing videos that a web browser

nice

>misses out on thumbnails

you can't scrap your youtube subscriptions from hooktube

Why not just give yourself hyperlinks?
support.shotgunsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/219031308-Launching-applications-using-custom-browser-protocols

I know, but it reduces clickbait at least.

interesting, I will check this out. But the goal is to have it keyboard only, so I will still need to implement the curses library.

personnaly i use a chrome extension called link klipper, basically i load a youtube playlist/account page then right click-> scrap all links. and the extension scraps all links containing the regex "youtube.com/watch?" for instance.
then the extension saves the list in a txt file. i edited the source (javascript) so it save it with a .m3u extension and i only have to click the download notification then it opens mpv, loads and autoplays the playlist.

>it's a program not in browser
Oh well then you can just launch them.
The interface I'd prefer would be for you to select the video by numpad and reserve something like enter to get the next page of videos.
Also opening the description for each video on demand might be nice.

>The interface I'd prefer would be for you to select the video by numpad and reserve something like enter to get the next page of videos.
Actually, that is exactly what enter does now, and was what I was going to do, but I just wanted something different. Now that you mention it, maybe I'll go with this system anyway, it works well for my mpv script here And yes, description will be nice, but I'll implement the numbering system first. Also, I need to fix unicode chars; for some reason they don't show up properly, which is a problem since I use torsocks a lot.

like that

(207)

yeah i have more than 500 subscriptions so i get a lot of notigications but the page i scrapped was the suggestion page, not my subscriptions.

okay, here you go, it works.

pastebin.com/vKsdSduj

I just downloaded mpv today, and I like this script a lot, so I wrote a similar version of it in ruby
pastebin.com/avtXPrzB

Nice work user!

It's the "experimental" build and it's garbage.
Luckily, you can change it in your account options.
Also, is anyone else noticing slightly more buffering on YouTube. Not enough to be annoying but the videos seem to be taking an extra couple seconds to start.

I had this a month ago, a welcomed change for once.

YouTube is too much of a shit show now... I hoping content creators move to something else