Sup Forums hates Powershell now

>Sup Forums hates Powershell now

What happened?

We /unix/ now

It's just a shittier bash

It's a case of sour grapes, not-invented-here, and freetardism.

On technical merits alone, it's the best shell in widespread use.

freetards can't deal with that microsoft made a 100x better shell than the unix string crap

>automatic output truncation
d r o p p e d

In what way? There's a lot of important stuff that powershell does differently to most scripting languages and shells, those aren't exactly comparable.

>cmdlets
When will they learn?

Doesn't PowerShell have OO functionality?

that doesn't make sense. powershell source code is MIT licensed.

>>lol buttmad faggots
>>hurr enlightened PS master race here
MS Windows is shit at doing headless system management + users have no real control over the OS.

Powershell is a great shell on a shitty os

but freetards hate microsoft by principle you know.

I dunno. It's pretty gud for launching batch scripts.

you can use it on whatever you like it's FOSS.

If you mean the console view, then that's absolutely related to how the formatting is set up. You can change it permanently or use additional commands to select what you want to view. I stress view because when saved to a variable everything is available regardless of how it is displayed.

It has, though using Powershell as a procedural language is much more popular. Mostly because native OO functionality has only been introduced in newer versions, and it has only a limited set of C# features. While the native feature is enough to implement simple interfaces or inherit other classes it's no real replacement.

Batch requires so much cryptic hacky crap to know to accomplish something reasonable I'm glad I no longer use it. 2 decades worth of hacks.

Bloat.

>PS truncating
How do I configure PS to stop doing it, then? The only time I was able to show the entire output was to copy+paste a hack the I looked up on the internet for a single command.

Increase horizontal screen buffer size and then add |ft * to the end of your command. Many native cmdlets have fixed properties shown so you have to force display of all properties.

Plan 9 autism is brain bloat.

I tried what you said and at first it did not work like I wanted it to. Having the asterisk in this case seems to expand the first field and push the rest out outside my view. Specifying the field worked better.

There is a Linux version now. I've never used it but if anyone here has it'd be cool. Is there any reason to use it over bash?

>no you can't use text streams that will work the same way with every program in 40 years, you have to use our verbose objects that will be deprecated next time we have something new to sell you

>Sup Forums hates PowerShell
no

powershill is just too slow

There are multiple ways to improve performance if you feel something is running slow. Abandoning shell-appropriate powershell-isms, like the pipeline, and utilizing purer loops is one of them. Using class methods instead of functions helps too. Typical C# suggestions like precompiling regex pattern helps. Beside these and others, the very last step is to use inline C# for particularly long loops, say image processing.

Kek