Ganked a 13" Macbook Air from my Uni, How to Reformat and not get fucked

Ganked a 13" Macbook Air from my Uni, How to Reformat and Not Get Fucked in the Ass by tracking software?
Any tips / tricks from techies with sticky fingers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina
rossmanngroup.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jamal,

Shove it up your arse
Sage

Give it back

im not a tech genius but if i were you i would just get a bootable arch linux usb and delete the macos off of the ssd and install a fresh copy

all applefags deserve to have their overpriced shit stolen by niggers desu

give it back, jermaine

Give it back Jamal

yea cracka, gotta crack dis bitch plz.

Already reformatted the ssd, but paranoid about downloading new OSX through my wifi / with my apple id.

Windows fags.

What the fuck does ganked mean? what kind of retard speak is this?
Anyway, return the property Tyrone.

Thank you rational minded scholar. Linux USB or a bootable USB of OSX is how i'm gonna go.
Just paranoid about system / root level security shit.

Tyrone, I...

>Mac
>Not Get Fucked in the Ass
Pick one.

"Ganking
It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level
ROFL guys I was just Ganking these level 20 Horde players"

it will call home on reinstall. doesn't matter if you swap the ssd stick. it's baked into the uefi bios.

Elaborate.. How can it call home with no wifi access?

sound like aussie tbqh

it's those convict genes reasserting themselves
>inb4 hereditary genetics are not a technology

Give it back, Tyrell

god bless, user

just install linux on it and you're probably fine. i mean in theory the mac address of the wireless card could ID you but since you just stole some nerds laptop and aren't wanted by the FBI you'll probably be fine.

If it's a university owned computer then it's likely been encrypted, enjoy your paper weight cunt.

You a real Sup Forums ! Appreciate you,

Thats the plan, gonna install linux use it as a network sniffer / wifi cracker.

Not worried, not gonna use it on uni wifi.
Take it easy mate,

Nah, already reformatted ssd through system recovery no encryption.
Trips 7

Pretty sure the Uni would have these things locked up tight with Find my Mac.

True true, is uni owned, didn't take someones personal device fuck that.
Had a rMBP stolen from my car, someone broke the window and stole the bag it was in so this is.. like some type of karma.
Regardless, Find My Mac doesn't work if its running Ubuntu. :)

give it back bosniaandherzegovina

nigger names are getting so weird that now they sound like balcan shitholes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina
True dat

U gonna get fucked m8, hope you have enough cash for bail fees on you

I would completely replace the SSD with a new one formatted with your distro of choice i guess. Shit, i would personally replace everything you possibly can.

I would still replace the wifi card. Then throw stickers on it to make it look a lill different.

Ya'll paranoid, they gonna chock it up as a L and buy a new one with their education discount.

Will replace the wifi card tho.

>put debian on it
>change wifi card
done
you're a nigger btw

Nice quads boi
That's the plan,

Send it to Louis Rossmann.
rossmanngroup.com/

He will change the bios chip for a reasonable price.

GIVE IT BACK WHITEBOI

Not OP but you *vastly* overestimate the competency of university staff/IT/etc. My dept was a massive clusterfuck, the IT guy who ran the entire department of several thousand people was a fucking retard. You could have walked out with a high end workstation, sever, retardedly expensive lab equipment... No one would have noticed.

Give it back jamal

Non-existant. Find my mac only works as long as the OS is not wiped, and the laptop connects to a WiFi signal.

If you format the OS before connecting to the web, there is nothing apple or LE will do to track it down.

Their iphones have far better lockdown measures.

I didnt know Louis was so desperate for customers that he pays shills on Internet boards now

I wouldn't.

the firmware is botnetted and could be found whenever you manage to give the firmware a network connection.

better off tossing it you hoser.

thistbhfam

*ding ding ding*
You know whats up, plus break just started, too much shit going on for them to notice.
Tracking it down would cost more in time and effort than just getting a replacement imo

fpbp

Real one, already scratched the serial off the case real nice with an xacto.
OS is wiped, waiting for linux to download to install.
Will proceed from there, even replacing components is excessive, but this is a tech forum so it makes sense for people to think that far ahead.

godspeed, nigger user

>ganked
are you 12yo

Tyrone pls