Libreboot general /lgbt/

What's your excuse?

how did you get pepe in the bootscreen?

Excuse for what? Not using shitty razer gayming products? Not using thrift store chink pads? Or not using autistic tier operating systems? You're gonna have to be more specific...

i dont care

>libreboot
>operating system
Please go all the way back to wherever.

>how did you get pepe in the bootscreen?
change background.jpg in the rom using cbfstool

I don't give a shit. I don't need a SCIF at home and am not under the delusion that I matter to anyone.

The NSA can assign me a minder and he can live in my guest house if he pays rent. I like the military-industrial-corporate complex, I despise most plebs, and if they pay me enough I'll gleefully help install permanent corporate fascism in the US because democracy lets porch monkeys vote.

Don't need Libreboot. Coreboot is GPL. RK3399 based Chromebook is open source firmware with no binary blobs already.

I have considered getting a libreboot X200 for something X86. I'm happy right now though with my higher res touchscreen display and USB-C 3.0 though.

I do have a couple questions though. Are those C2Ds 64-bit? What is max ram on an old thinkpad like that? Do you have a libreboot desktop with discrete gpu? Would be interested in hearing about that also.

trannyboot is for cukked faggots

coreboot is for men and have done all of the required work.

>m-m-muh non-binary reverse engineered

um wrong sweetie that was actually raptor engineering who ported the fixes for all of the cpu microcode

>C2D 64bit
Thankfully yes, when my x200 came with 32bit win7 I assumed the worst.
>max ram
Not sure, check for the specific model, expect a minimum of 4g
>libreboot with dGPU
probably nothing you would want to use, I think there is a t4** model that has one.

>Are those C2Ds 64-bit?
Yes

>What is max ram on an old thinkpad like that?
8Gb

>Do you have a libreboot desktop with discrete gpu?
No, but you can get some decent workstations with libreboot.

None, same goes for anyone else.

X60/T60 are 32-bit
X200/T400/R400/T500/W500 are all 64-bit

blah blah interjection blah blah GNU/pepe blah blah

Thanks for summarizing your posts, saves me time.

Why do they even fork? I mean, blobs in the git repo != blobs in the build. Why don't they just commit their build scripts and REed microcode under a sub-directory or something?

Forking means you gotta wait for some libreboot person to merge updates and resolve merge conflicts.

I'm too fucking retarded.

no problem friend I can't be bothered to remember or type out the whole thing anyway, it's all so tiresome

The X200 can be librebooted in about 30min.

because leah is a egotistical faggot who needs attention and glorification for something they didnt even do.

>take 98% complete project
>hire someone to finish 2%
>dont pay them for 9 months
>claim all effort

just like when leah closed down repo access to everyone on a powerplay.

if they really cared about foss and the gpl leah would step down and give GNU the copyright or merge upstream into coreboot.

this would decentralyze it and also keep it a foss license.

otherwise leah could always re-license it as a permissive license or proprietary when he runs out of his perscribed tranny meds and has a hysterical fit again.

Friendly GNU+Bump

>Libreboot general
>/lgbt/

Alright that got a chuckle out of me.
Personally, I still can't find up to date info on the status of T420 support, and if there's ever any chance that they'll iron out some of the kinks I heard it has. So until there's a big update or something I'll pass.

I CAN'T AFFORD A THINKPAD
OK?

I can't find cheap ones

I have a shitty SL510

I had issues running any OS that's not Debian, Ubuntu, Arch, or one of the FSF approve distros on Libreboot with Grub as bootloader. I run Coreboot with SeaBIOS bootloader.

I tried librebooting my x200 the other day but i accidentally shocked the flash chip

How did that happen?

I'm poor and worried about bricking my only laptop.

>X60/T60 are 32-bit
No. Not all T60s are 32bit. I upgraded the processor in mine to a 64bit capable T7200 and installed a 64bit OS just fine.

Because running trannyboot implies using lunix and lunix is a massive pile of shit.

Enjoy your botnet, proprietary slavewhore.

Actually i am enjoying my proprietary OS and proprietary standardized applications that just work without any amount of autism needed, thanks.

>t. monumental pleb

I uhh, flashed the flash chip with the beaglebone black and then i took off the pomona clip, inserted the battery, turned it on to see if it worked. it didn't boot up, so i set the laptop back down, put the pomona clip back on and tried running the flasher again and it said "flash chip not detected"
i forgot to take the battery back out after i tested it

I've done that before too.

I'm already looking for a replacement motherboard or replacement x200 laptop so I can try again. I've got 2 T400 thinkpads i could try it on but i like the form factor and aesthetics of the x200. I like how it doesn't have a touchpad and I already know what distro and desktop environment and everything I'm going to put on it. It was my first time trying to libreboot something so I guess it was a good learning experience. I don't know why it didn't successfully flash and boot. I'm just going to have to be more careful and pay extra attention next time I do it

I'm not brave enough to attempt hardware flashing any more. I flashed my X60s and my T60 with software successfully, though.

It's not supported on my motherboard.

My field where a grow fucks is barren and so I have none to give.

>t. rajesh

The thing is that we actually do

Does installing libreboot imply wiping Intel ME ?

Yes. It removes the Intel ME. Or so I'm told.

because hoarding jews like you buy all the good thinkpads and drive supply down and prices up

older versions of the ME (which is found in laptops that is supported by libreboot) could be completely disabled

this

Can libreboot be compiled to any motherboard and how difficult is it?
Also does flashing it require special physical tools?

Only certain motherboards and yeah it requires specific tools
google libreboot and the first result is the website and it explains everything

>muh freedom

You can still use coreboot and me_cleaner and be nearly entirely free.

OP is living the thug life

>trannyboot ia for cukked faggots
>um wrong sweetie

Nigger are you an sjw or not?

The main contributor is mentally unstable massive faggot and thus cannot be treated as fit to sustain such complicated service as providing stable, long term firmware support.
Althou I like the general idea of 100% 'free as in freedom' firmware, considering the above right now I'll go with coreboot. Thank you very much.

I want that wallpaper!