/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff never read these generals and have never posted here before.
>This is a thread for all purposes. Feel free to offer or ask for invites.
>Staff never pretend to be normal users asking for invites or ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/ivoliveira/ethnomusicology_primer/
shadowthein.net
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rei best girl

Speaking of odd tracker internals, can someone explain to me what's going on with DON and TayTo
Are they the same people? Why is hung encoding for DON and TayTo?

Great OP btw, you've really outdone yourself!

How is everyone's Saturday night thus far?

>WEB-DL > WEBRip > HDTV

Yes?

Got accepted into PTN but no email and no password. I filled out the form and they gave me a link. The link later said I was accepted but that's it. No email from them and no password was given so I can't log in. Anyone else who signed up have the same issue? What should I do?

Generally
Ntb does 4k to 1080p downscales, those are about twice the size of the WebDL. If you see them grab those

reminder if you still haven't used you're tokens
rateyourmusic.com/list/ivoliveira/ethnomusicology_primer/

Can you report an unseeded torrent? This is on Jpopsuki

thanks

Cheers!

Good

updated

>12 years a nigger user rec on ptp

Yeah, and?

Mari best girl

h****s?
awesome taste anyways

Hello QRW

neither the list is mine nor I'm Grönvall
wonder what he's up to nowadays

his last post on Sup Forums was about a month ago, working on his bachelor's tesis it seems
he's pretty cool dude

When did ptg get so dead

OP was a nigger and /ptg/ shitposted too hard. It has to go.

let's say my usernane is AkazaAkari on some tracker I got on recently
this is the first time I'm using a traditional forum with avatars and usernames in ages and I grew too used to the anonymous imageboard format and haven't really thought this through

is it okay to use Akari's name for shitposting?
and what if I changed my avatar to Maki, would that be appropriate, even though my username is AkazaAkari?

I realize this may be a dumb/autistic question, but it's really troubling me
pls respond seriously and don't bully me

Everyone posting was too young to post on Sup Forums.

Whether this is ironic or sincere - you should kill yourself all the same.

What's the best way to build credibility and membership across a few of the better trackers? Where is the point of entry? Any trackers that stand out in that regard?

All roads go through RED.

>girl
>drawings
kys, freaks

Depends on the source. iTunes WEB-DLS are worse than Amazon WEB-DLs. Netflix webrips are better than most iTunes web-dls.

>When did ptg get so dead

It's nearly Christmas. A lot of people are on Winter break. I'm going on a ski trip later this week and I assume other people are also doing this.

>What's the best way to build credibility and membership across a few of the better trackers?

You get on a good tracker like RED, build your stats, and earn recruitment to other trackers. It's very simple. This isn't the same as you starting a career.

>doing 10bit encodes of live action content
kys kuchiki

Asuka best girl

a shit

>participate in a snatch-each-others-torrent thread
>a 100mb leech caused my required ratio to increase and now i have to fucking upload 4gb from my ass
man fuck this

>Blease invintings to RED sirs, or I will poo on internets, sirs
Why didn't you invite PAjit, /ptg/?
I guess it's all your fault.

He makes microcephaly look cool

t. raspberry pi

Can anyone recommend a good public tracker besides rutracker.org? I'm not sure about what people use nowadays after KA and TPB died.

use a DHT search engine

rarbg
torrentz2
btdb

that's all you need, really

anime site

fuck off you cunt

anime website

I don't even WANT Yui.

seesee

Threadly reminder

>anime website
Yes. And Lego is a wooden toys company. And Nokia is a paper producer. And Samsung is a grocery distributor.

Fuck off the technology board and kill yourself, autismal imbecile.

Just shut up and stop reeeing.

>i can spam PRIVATE TRACKERS GENERAL on Sup Forums with best girl shite because anime site
NO, FUCK OFF

anime website

anime website

degenerate weebs turn up and shit up the thread with their mental illness every school holiday.

go back to r/trackers if it bothers you so much

Honestly if anime on Sup Forums bothers you this much, you should probably leave. Not even because it's annoying, but because you're so obviously extremely deep into the autism spectrum that the constant exposure to anime will eventually turn you into a weeb far, far worse than anything you could imagine.

Prime indications that someone is from reddit:
1. he gets triggered by anime
2. he is not aware that this is in fact an anime website

2d>3d

What the fuck is this weaboo tracker shit?

I feel like giving some of my Bitcoin away to trackers. Which deserve it the most?

OT

Is having multiple backup trackers a good or stupid idea?

how does one join e****?

>Is having multiple backup trackers a good or stupid idea?

Are they good backups? Good idea.

Are they shit backups? Bad idea.

Example of a good backup for BTN: HDB, MTV

Example of a bad backup for BTN: anything else.

>TVV is bad

Ok, I'll concede that. TVV is a good backup for older shows.

What does h4h stand for?

>implying net neutrality was good

Shit idea. "Back up" trackers only exist for plebs who can't get into the top trackers.

Nothing sadder than somebody who says "pajeet" but is still brainwashed enough to think net neutrality was a good thing.

kek so much for being red pilled

How does one get into CartoonChaos?

enjoy starting from zero when one of your trackers shuts down

PTP

>"Back up" trackers only exist for plebs who can't get into the top trackers.

But many people on /ptg/ use HDB as a BTN backup.

It's ok as long as your backup trackers are top trackers.

>enjoy starting from zero when one of your trackers shuts down

I loved getting one of the first RED invites when What.cd shut down from the HDB forums just for being a power user.

Nothing dumber than a faggot who thinks having only 1 tracker account is a good idea.

Weeabos should be shot one after another out of a canon into the sun

It is a good thing though.

Non sequitur slippery slope?

>But many people on /ptg/ use HDB as a BTN backup.
Those are retards. Just join the new tracker once the previous one dies.

Hi folks,

I was just wondering what you thought of this idea. I've got an old PC which I want to downgrade. It's a gaming rig which probably will draw a lot of power. It's not the highest specs by any means, but it was intended to play Dota 2 and the like, so it has a GPU and an i5 CPU and the components are between 2 and 4 years old. The PSU can supply around 500 or 600W, although the load is normally less.

Is it a bad idea to convert this into a little peripheral-free NAS + Seedbox + Media Server that I throw into the closet and manage remotely? It seems people spend hundreds of dollars ($500-$1000) on specifically weaker equipement. my storage needs aren't massive - i just need to free the desk and flip the peripherals for some coin to use my laptop as my main device, and would like remote storage.

so, how bad is it (or why is it bad) to downgrade a PC to a NAS + Seedbox + Media Server?

Are trackers like iTs and FSC worth it?

hey,

I am looking for trackers that have zero-day e-learning materials.What i mean by zero day is that stuff appears on the tracker a day or two after it has been released.

>Those are retards. Just join the new tracker once the previous one dies.

Or have both so you have more invite threads available to you when a tracker dies.

>Recruiting caught up to: 23 Nov 2017
wtf hurry up you bitch

whats sarek up to these days?

>It is a good thing though.

It's not. You're reddit if you believe net neutrality was nothing more than a money scheme for Facebook and Jewgle.

>zero day
>a day or two after

How active is the AHD recruiter on RED?

I won't join a tracker only so that I will be able to join on the first few days of a new tracker once each 10 years. Like I said, retardation.

>Are trackers like iTs and FSC worth it?

If we don't talk about it in good terms, it's not worth it.

We don't even discuss those nothing trackers.

Shit, sorry, I read your post wrong, I was agreeing with you.

>I won't join a tracker only so that I will be able to join on the first few days of a new tracker once each 10 years.

It's only retarded if you don't use the trackers. I use both BTN and HDB and having the HDB account was useful for getting my RED account no questions asked just for being an HDB member.

Have a look for yourself:

First Name : Zeus
Last Name : Olymp
City : Hell
State : n1
shadowthein.net

bout tree fiddy

You could join RED from PTP and BTN just days after they opened. Like I said, it's not worth it to join HDB for such a stupid thing that happens once each 10 years.

>You could join RED from PTP and BTN just days after they opened

And? I already have an HDB account and they recruited there first. I got more buffer than I would if I waited longer because everybody was downloading from me and only dozens of other people.

If you don't get that having top trackers that you actually use is a good, useful thing, I don't know what else to say to you.

Does it have any content or is it another cabal circlejerk?