Programming challenge

Can Sup Forums program?
Create a program that takes an input image and creates a replica by placing randomly colored, randomly placed, and randomly sized dots on a similar sized canvas and comparing the similarity. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to get to a significantly accurate depiction of the original image.

Other urls found in this thread:

jamesfy49.github.io/image-estimate/
jonasw.eu/projects/mosaic-generator/
pastebin.com/bhhY6xAi
pastebin.com/JaBNQTNL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

k, give me a truly random RNG

no excuses allowed

Fucking faggot get out, Sup Forums is not going to do your fucking homework for you

you think this is homework? and I've obviously already done it considering I posted two examples

neat challenge and pictures OP

just post the program. It'll be like that Triangle spammer where everuyome just feeds it an image of their waifu and posts it here

...using photoshop.
Unless you can prove otherwise, of course.

here's the code, try it out
jamesfy49.github.io/image-estimate/

cool beans

I don't know how this works or if it's technically impressive, but it's pretty cool.

it basically simulates putting a dot down and compares the color difference of each pixel the dot would cover to the original, before and after the dot is placed. if after is better than before, it puts it down.

>if after is better than before, it puts it down.
that's not random

everything about the dot is random. the output has to eventually resemble the original image. if i didn't force it to improve, the result would just be noise.

I'm not sure what you mean OP. What exactly do you want?

We did that like a month ago

I did this instead

nice, post code

He probably used this
jonasw.eu/projects/mosaic-generator/

how do I make links that dont go to my personal github

define 'dot', 'similarity', 'random'

Pretty cool

A filled circle whose color, size and position are not predictable. Similar as in shorter color distance.

use code tags and paste the code

pastebin.com/bhhY6xAi first file
pastebin.com/JaBNQTNL main file

python main.py
>What is the Input folder?
< ./Inputs/
>Tile Size?

mine sucks. And I'm too much of a brainlet to see what's wrong.
But at least it was fun to do.

done. and it only takes a few seconds for very large images

pic related

code nigga

If you can't give yourself workable definitions of these terms don't bother user.

pls post the original

how can the dots be randomly colored and still resemble the original image?
Doesn't make sense in my head.
In the pic you posted the dots are not "randomly colored"

see so basically he places a dot in a random position with a random color. Then he compares it with the original picture, and if it is not similar enough he removes the dot and tries again.

Its rather simple, the obstacles I see is: loading the image so you get at the array of pixels. Then, find out how to create own picture from this (should be simple, just make copy of the original picture and write to the pixel array.
And finally just a pixel comparison function.

Without looking at the code I bet op uses some libraries that solve all of these issues anyway.

Oh well shit, that makes sense.
Another way will be just compute the value of the dot with the original pixels and then apply a random offset (inside a certain value range) to each RGB channel

Take a random color form the original image instead.

Getting really bored with your cookie-cutter image manipulation problems.

How long you run your program to get that picture?

come up with a new challenge already jesus christ

Now make one that outputs SVG

we had this thread at least 3 times
come up with something new

What does "significantly accurate" mean?