X399

Which X399 Motherboard would you pick, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

supermicro.nl/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/H11DSi-NT.cfm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The most expensive one
Memes

If you plan to overclock go for the ones with overkill VRM, cooling, etc.
Don't cheap out on that shit although they are all pretty much 400+ to begin with so wasting 550 instead of 430 is not a big leap.
I have used asus shit since the rampage III extreme and even that board is still working, I either was really luck with these chinks or they made decent stuff so I would pick an asus board myself, not sure if they got some rampage similar one for AMD but most likely have.

X299, THREADSHITTER IS SHIT

Yeah, for that reason I have alrerady excluded the MSI boards.
The Asus boards do look good, but are EATX, and Asrock and Gigabyte Designare also look good. Hard to decide.

gaymer meme styling aside the asrock fatality pro x399 is nice, but if you don't want the 10g ethernet the taichi is cheaper and less memey

gigabyte designaire would be my other choice but weren't in stock anywhere when i bought my shit a few weeks back

I picked the Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7. It was an affordable choice and the 802.11ac seemed nice. The ASRock Taichi seemed nice but was out of stock when I did my build.

Gigabyte X399 Designare schitting Streets

Check which ones have ECC validated, also might consider slightly more quality one so you can be sure for the BIOS update for Zen2/Zen3 Threadrippers.

Judging by what I hear about quality and returns:
MSI < Gigabyte < Asus < ASRock

You'd be right.
But the Designare is the best X399 motherboard out, that applies for the other boards.

How come? It has a few small upgrades on the Aorus, but most of it is pretty much identical.

Dual NICs, 3x M2, 1x U2

The Taichi has all of that at a cheaper price. I think the more expensive ones also all have it, and the Fatality and Zenith even have 10GBase-T.

My mistake then, what vendor is the 10G one?

ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming
ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

I meant the NIC vendor, Aquantia?

For the ASRock, yes: Aquantia AQtion AQC107

Asus: PCIe card (ROG Areion 10G)

supermicro.nl/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/H11DSi-NT.cfm
Something like this, but one socket is enough.

Those are different sockets.

Probably the Prime X399-A or something cheaper like that. Maybe ASRock's equivalent if it is for less. They all start expensive so hell no buying premium.

The Asus card uses the same chip, just on a PCIe board.

Seems I may have been wrong when it comes to high end platforms.

Overall returns:
ASRock 1.45% (vs. 1.91%)
ASUS 1.90% (vs. 1.96%)
Gigabyte 1.92% (vs. 1.90%)
MSI 2.36% (vs. 2.20%

Z170 returns:
2.10% ASUS
2.19% Gigabyte
3.43% ASRock
4.44% MSI

Seems like Asus is the most solid overall?

Talos II desu.
Why encourage the botnet kikery??

>By the way, the Power9 processing card with 16 cores running at 3.09 GHz turbo costs $2,999, and the Power9 card that has 20 cores running at 2.87 GHz turbo costs $3,999.

Yeah I don't think so mate. Tearslurper 1950X at 900 FTW.

If you don't care about looks, asrock

if you do, asus zenith

Isn't desigmeme the equivalent of ASUS Prime, i.e. not top shelf?

Fucking motherboard segmentation is impossible navigate.

>It has a few small upgrades on the Aorus, but most of it is pretty much identical.

And if it's pretty much the Aorus, it's not that great. RAM compatability, Gigabyte BIOS...

ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming has the best I/O (10g eth, 2x 1g, loadsa USB), 3x m.2, 1x u.2 if you're retarded, ECC support, and a beefy fucking VRM. Probably the best X399 mobo, but like all motherboard purchasing decisions it's really just the features you want. Reliability between brands is mostly a meme.

Are there differences in how well RAM is supported? I heard X399 sometimes has problems running quad 16GB modules (64GB total) at 3200 Mhz?

the one with future thunderbolt support

aka either asus or gigabyte

i got the x399 taichi.

wish the designare was for sale when i upgraded.

Seems like the pro gaming and the taichi are nearly identical apart from the 10gNIC and the audio chip. Thought I suspect the 10gbe is connected to the pcie on the PCH and the for the price difference you can get the asus 10gbe card.