I want an opinion

Hello guys i want to buy ath m50 headphones. Are they decent for the price ? i listen mostly to trance , progressive house and electronic music.

yeah they're comfy, I've had mine (M50x) like 3-4 years and wear them all day with no probs. sound is neutral with slight bass upturn, treble not too fatiguing so good for EDM especially.

>they're comfy

No, they are not. t. M50x owner for 4 years. They leave a fucking DENT in your head after long periods of usage and the earpads even make my ears hurt after 3-4 hours.

If I had the money to buy a proper pair of headphones I'd throw these in the trash any day. The sound is ok.

anything above $100~120 is meme tier and a waste of money unless you wanna go full audiophile retard

Don't spend more than 30USD on a pair of headset.

Too much bass
Get a m40x instead or HD598 Cs

If you are looking for headphones for home use then do not buy this garbage.
Get Sennheiser HD579 if you are not willing to get amp ro AKG k612 pro if you are willing to get one. Those are open headphones. Or if your budget allows it you can go for AKG k702, k700 or Sennheiser HD600 depending on your sound preference.
If you absolutely want closed headphones for at home listening then I would recommend beyerdynamic dt150.
If you are actually looking for portable over ear headphones, which is fucking stupid in my opinion but whatever flies your boat, then yes those are good.

I wanna go full audiophile retard.

Spoken like a true underage poorfag. Next time mow the lawn and ask mummy for extra allowance instead of being jealous on the internet, child.

>headset
And no, one should absolutely spend more than $30 on a pair of headphones.

What do you consider proper headphones then?

This is fake. VLC for Windows doesn't run on a mac.

Good luck with job hunting, poorfag

They are a "proper pair of headphones". Your head might just be shaped differently. They'll suit some people more than others. I personally don't have a problem with mine at all.

t. Bluedio shill

If you take any headphone apart you'll see that it's just a piece of fabric/paper that moves back and forth. Don't spend anything more than $60.

Are you talking about this retard? Yeah, he should have at least posted one of their newest pairs. Bluedio has come a long way, at least they are not doing bassnig on every headphones anymore. The F2 for example sounds quite good but still loses to cheaper chinkshit like Superlux (after you change their shitty stock earpads)

$50-60 are ok.

When I bought them I found them muddy as fuck and very uncomfortable. Buy the Sony MDR 1A instead, they sound just as bad but at least they're comfy.

Yeah I am sorry. Always heard good things about Superlux in terms of value

>i listen mostly to trance , progressive house and electronic music.

I had the M50 (non x, first version), and they were terrible for trance. Muddy bass with no speed at all. Ironically the best sounding headphones I found for Trance are the HD599, these are fast as fuck and the bass is very clean and not boomy at all. Uplifting, Japanese, Progressive and Goa sounds amazing on these.

fuck me mate, if you take apart a GPU you'll see it's just plastic, silicon and metal. it's all a fucking scam eh

Oh yeah sorry I forgot my rendering rig is running crossfire skullcady headphones with a 500mhz overclock

they are pretty good if you feel like questioning if you have a tumor in your brain as the pain from wearing them enters the late stages of buyer's remorse

skip that trash and buy pic related

Yeah. They used to make drivers for AKG. Their headphones sound amazing but they look cheap and shitty on the outside.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>not being master race

>not having bees in your ears

>what is bootcamp

I've been rocking hd558, great sounding and Max comfy.

change the VLC volume gain to 200% and this is perfect.

is this your second day on Sup Forums?

years, mate. What am I missing?

M50x owner here for 7 months or so.

The first weeks or so it really hurt the top of my head but it softened up and now it's comfy, except that because of my pretty big ears i have permanent "burns" on my ears from them rubbing
It's because of my ears though, not the design. I've had the same with every style of headphones i've owned.
ATH M50x is a good pair, the sound is amazing compared to what I had before (siberia V2 lmao), but it's not quite audiophile enough for my liking, I can barely hear any difference between 320kbps and FLAC, so I'm going to buy $250+ pair when I upgrade. It's sufficient for 99% of the population, I'd 100% recommend it, but it's entry level.

Anyone use the Grado Prestiege series?, most audio phile headphones look stupid but the Grado ones actually look nice