>Shitting out JS code == programming
top meme

>printf("Hello!\n");
prgamng!!! jst lik richor staalmen!!!

>console.log("Hello!");
lol! cod monky!!!!!!

>JavaScripter can only think in "Hello World!" examples
Why am I not surprised...

Rust I'll give you, but Node is a magical machine for producing garbage.

I've deployed close to a dozen off the shelf Node apps and even built a website of my own in it, it's crap. It's painfully slow, callbacks are an atrocious unreadable way of doing things for any non-trivial use case and somehow it just inspires people to make complete crap.
Across the Node apps I use I think there must be three or four different task manager/init system things, a few absolutely enormous fragile frameworks, dependencies on at least four distinct versions of Node itself and go forbid anything went wrong, boot errors were invariably a call stack consisting of an unreadable series of identical functions about eight items deep. There is something about Node that causes people to build a thousand layers of pointless complexity.

Every time I restarted the server there was a 50% chance they would just break and require a complete and inexplicable reinstall. I probably should have been using Docker or something but that's not point, nothing else I have ever deployed has been even a tenth as volatile.

Reddit

Python.

JS pretty much

>ostensibly good if you ignore the 90% of it that's fucking awful
>nearly all the content is either derivative or copied (like a 40mb website that's 90% npm libraries)
>far more popular than it has any right to
>incompetent leadership
>pretty much everybody uses it, enthusiastically or begrudgingly

>A person on Sup Forums posts unrelated anime
Why am I not surprised...

this. callbacks are to function calls what exceptions are to error handling. awful constructs that obfuscate code.

This is the most autistic question i think I've ever read.
"What is the reddit of technology?"

What are you even fucking asking?

jesus fucking ch-holy shit,.

Reddit is technology.

>redditor doesn't realize he is on an anime forum
tsk tsk

/r/technology
>Inb4 get out

anime website

>*imageboard

Anything Apple.

what is the difference between callbacks and return statements brainlet

>Arch GNU/Linux
>sub $300 Chromebooks
>USB type C
>iMacs

Sup Forums
thinkpads
GNU

Tablets.

this. While it's been acknowledged that ruby/rails is a ghetto, Node.js is possibly the ghettoest poo in the loo shit in existence. It's like JS developers made it their mission in life to outdo PHP's shittiness. Hell, PHP is straight up comfy compared to node now.