The current state of mozilla

what a fucking joke this company is, just look at the response from Mozilla employee

You have to go back.

The response looks fine, I don't see what the problem is. Also

/l/eddit is better than Sup Forums in a 100 different ways.

fuck off

It's also worse than Sup Forums in just as many ways.

>shit is better than piss

Then go back there.

What happened?

This thread is missing lots of context, I really have no clue wtf I should even be mad about. Also, am I the only one who's actually been really impressed with firefox's performance with recent updates? It seems really really good, and unironically the least bloated browser available right now (pic related).

Mozilla partnered with Mr Robot. Firefox keeps popping up in the show and they even made an ad for Firefox 57 together.
Mr Robot is also running an alternate reality game. Firefox was supposed to be the only browser that lets you see some clues.
They pushed an extension as a shield study that changes some websites when you flip the correct about:config flag.
It wasn't supposed to show up in the addons page but it did and it had a weird name and description "Looking Glass / My reality is just different from yours". People (reasonably) freaked out.

Mozilla is now trying to deal with the fallout. Idiots think that switching to a Firefox fork somehow fixes anything. Hopefully someone in the PR and management department gets fired and gets replaced by someone who is more capable of managing Mozilla's brand.

I really don't see how this is bad

What retard thought that would be a good idea?

Jesus Christ, I'm just starting to use FF again since Quantum made it usable too.

>I really don't see how this is bad
your IQ

Firefox seems to have this internal battle going on between developers and SJW / Clueless managers. It seems like the devs are always pulling firefox in the direction that everyone expects firefox to go into and the managers just have this top tier cringe way of trying to win users.

I didn't realize the addon was automatically installed on people's computers. That isn't ok. But its not my fault you suck shit at explaining stuff.

He's not shit at explaining things, you're just shit at reading.

Nigger.

All he said is that it wasn't supposed to show up on the addons page, not that it was automatically installed on people's computers. That is totally different. A company doing some product placement, and a scavenger hunt of sorts where you have to download a specific addon isn't really all that bad.

The way it was explained, the only people who would invoke the appropriate response are people who already know the issue. In which case, wtf is the point of even making the post? You might as well just type "google it", since you totally forgot to mention the entire point of your post.

>They pushed an extension as a shield study that changes some websites when you flip the correct about:config flag.
>They pushed an extension

If you fucking read what he wrote you would have seen that line. You are retarded.

>you won't BELIEVE number 73!

that still doesn't imply that it was installed on user's computers without their knowledge.

lol

>I didn't realize the addon was automatically installed
He didn't say that either.

Photoshopped.

I know he didn't I had to look it up after. Which is dumb because that's literally the one piece of information which brings his whole point together. THAT HE DIDNT FUCKING MENTION

You guys are so fucking stupid its unbelievable

I spotted that add-on the other day, just disabled it and shit. Wasn't even a big deal, opted totally out of shield too

I'm kind of glad this entire shitshow has gotten as big as it did. Hopefully now some influential party within Mozilla will take action and fire all the fucking retards which were complicit in this trainwreck of a PR stunt.

Even if you didn't think that "pushed an extension" means to install it. Even if you don't know what a shield study is. It's very simple to connect the dots.
Why would people freak out about an extension with a weird title that they themselves installed?

Sup Forums really needs to get behind waterfox. Mozilla has given us the perfect reason to switch.
For the longest time I thought waterfox was a placebo browser, but it's basically just Firefox with even less botnet/bloat, and I don't think the developer will ever pull the kind of shit Mozilla has been doing lately.

I figured they were freaking out about mozilla using product placement and trying to advertise their browser. That seems like something irrelevant Sup Forums would lose their shit over