Am I an autist to use Void Linux?

Should I quit using distros like Void/Arch/Gentoo and ricing up shit and start thinking about actually doing something with my OSs? And are Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora/CentOS actually better for that purpose?

> being insecure about your distro

Not just about my distro, we're all insecure about our lives here in Sup Forumsland land

nobody who has ever done anything productive in their life has ever even thought about installing rice shit like Arch, think about that for a minute and ask this question again

Why would fedora be considered as a more productive distro ?

It comes with good defaults (including security configuration) so everything just werks after the three-clicks install process.

It takes me around an hour to "rice" a new Linux installation regardless of the distro, and after that I just use my computer. I don't see what your problem is. With that being said, Void, Arch, etc are really just preferences. I use the Ubuntu mini iso and install what I want from there.

Why would it not be?

> Install Feodra
> Boot up fresh installation
> SELinux fucks up and warns me about misconfigured shit
Wow so this is the professionals' distro

You fucked up not the distro. Remember that always.

>subjective experience,
Literally never heard of that issue, nor experienced it myself in 4 installations.

>Am I an autist to use Void Linux?
Yes

shit i went from arch to void to gentoo, and i'm back on mint lmao

Void looks nice but I don't really see any point in switching from Arch

Install Ubuntu minimal instead. Mint is a meme.

>am I an autist if I rice
Unequivocally yes. Learn BASH scripting or something instead of wasting your time trying to look 1337. As for Void, it has its uses but it clearly isn't meant for desktops.

>rice shit like Arch
>Like it's any more riceable than any other distro.
Who will carry the torch when you are too old to be "keeper of the memes"?

Not him but I've had SELinux alerts on fresh fedora installs.

Mint is great for beginners but I wouldn't go back to it at this point

After using Arch for memes on my laptop, I just switched over to Debian, since that's what my computer at work runs and it's easier to get shit in it.

There's no such thing as a beginner distro.

>Am I an autist to use Void Linux?
yes, absolutely.

We're on Sup Forums, what do you think?

I disagree. Certain distros have a much steeper learning curve than others, that's undeniable.
Plus, most people learn more efficiently with something that's slightly familiar.

same

Interesting, sounds like a mix between Arch (rolling release, packages update as soon as new branch on git) and Gentoo (can build all official packages from source)?