Why do tablets exist?

They are fast, inexpensive computers for content consumption.

Babby's first computer

In reality only good for reading textbook PDFs

Because apparently reddit thinks they're going to replace computers, so get with it grandma

They are more comfortable and convenient to use in many situations.

but theyre too big to fit in my jeans. so why not a phone then

Around the house media consumption and internet use.

Morqe portable than a laptop, bigger screen than a phone. Not suited for any amount of work but for browsing Sup Forums, shopping, videos, jobs, etc it works well.

I like using mine for recipes, looking up TV show info and casting to the tv.

A phone has a much smaller screen.

I used to take the piss out of tablets soon after they came out until I got one myself as a present. I then went on to write almost all of my lecture notes on it, a good portion of my essays along with a ton of daily use.

It's just more comfortable and convenient than a laptop and a phone in many situations. I didn't quite realise this until I started using one.

>Reading PDF's on a tablet screen
>tablet screen
>tablet
>Not using a Amazon Swindle or another ebook reader of choice

E-readers are great with files that are formatted for e-readers. Many pdfs aren't. Not to mention color illustrations or scans without OCR.

They still exist because apple hyped them and normies bought them like thw sheep they are. RUGBY

Comfy anime watching. I'm currently watching K-ON at 1080p FLAC quality, and it truly expresses the wonders of FHD media with its amazing display. I might sound like a shill, but it's worth it when they actually make a device worth shilling for.

What's the best tablet size? 9.7"? 8"? Phablet?

To make you upset

Literally YouTube machines

For all old people

didn't mean to add "all" now it just sounds weird

ebooks are nice for novels and epubs.

But for magazines and other layout heavy pdfs tablets are better.

Great for traveling.

Handy, aesthetic computer

Because people want to hug the Internet easier

I have an android one I use mainly for comics, to draw and to read things. Also used as a second computer to use as a resource when my other tablet (Windows) is being used by me.

Both of them together weigh like 4lbs and have keyboard cover + touchpad.

I use mine to read The Economist, watch Netflix, look up recipes in the kitchen and watch videos about household/car repairs.

Not bulky like a laptop, bigger screen than a phone.

I am feminist and I take mine to demonstrations. It's easier to use standing up. It's a more gender-inclusive device.

Movie on plane

I would love to attend to your demonstrations. Which country are you from?

What a dumb fucking question.

Because they’re a comfortable and convenient intermediary device between a phone and a laptop that can be taken and used almost anywhere without much effort. they also provide the best way to enjoy manga and books digitally.

10.5 inch @ hz

120hz*

I've bought 3 different types of tablets. iPad, Pixel C and Surface Pro 4. They've all been disappointments and I gave them away to siblings. I fell for the meme three times but I simply cannot get anything done with any of these. So I'm back to a laptop.

A forced meme that somehow caught on.

Similar to a gaming console, they are comfy af

Neither want nor need an always-on IV internet drip.
Don't need to use productivity software on the go.
Still convenient to have access to internet, streaming, information, basic tools, downloaded maps, etc when at some random place.
Can get that for $100 in an extremely light package.

Not everyone has the same use cases.

Because some people like larger displays. Also controlling a digital mixer like behringer xr18 is much comfier on a tablet than on a phone.

> what’s a computer

they're for people like my dad that likes to sit in the garden and read news and play solitaire and minesweeper

>slim and truly portable tablets for convenient media consumption are featured in scifi movies for decades and people eagerly await the day when technology finally allows them to become a reality
>that day finally arrives
>edgy contrarian spergs on the internet won't shut up about how cool they are for not watching youtube on a tablet

You're even edgier

They're basically cyberspace decks from Neuromancer. The computing power, interface, and stock applications of the device itself are toy-like, but with the proper applications and interface peripherals (WAN connectivity, a terminal, and a hardware keyboard) you can manage and interact with significantly more powerful systems to get real shit done.

Things normies use them for:
>interwebs
>email
>video chat
>media consumption
>reading
>terrible fart button games

Things I use my tablet for:
>interwebs
>email
>reading (ebooks, /tg/ PDFs, manga, etc.)
>media consumption
>shitposting
>remote control of various network services on my LAN via apps
>SSH terminal

>t. edgy contrarian sperg who is way too cool for tablets

Because there are people that want them.

>"""""""""people""""""""""

I use them to read book/comics and watch videos.
It's pretty comfy in bed or in a couch.

>one hand has to constantly prop it up
>comfy

Brainlet detected.

lol epic bro!

>complaining about people being euphoric edgelords means it's actually YOU who is the euphoric edgelord

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

So I could buy my kids one twice a year