Buying a MP3 player in 2017, is it worth it?

Buying a MP3 player in 2017, is it worth it?
Can't afford to upgrade my phone, so this is pretty much my only alternative. (S6 doesn't have an SD slot)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Video-Classic-5th-5-5E-Generation-Black-Upgraded-128GB-SSD-Flash/263392195725?epid=49295614&hash=item3d5365f48d:g:zm4AAOSwIVhaNpN-&autorefresh=true
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ftRlC-FijY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You could use a USB drive using an adapter or free up space on your phone and have some very efficient compression

You should consult /csg/ they have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Also rockbox or bust.

Those things contradict themselves, afaik there are no cheap Chinese PMPs with Rockbox support.

How much music?

You could get the flacs and transcode them to Opus 128kbps VBR, it's half the file size as the bloated mp3 v0 equivalent while keeping the same level of transparency so you could effectively bring down a 10GB mp3 v0 library to 5 or 6GB with the same sound quality.

I will actually try this. Embarrasingly enough, i have more than 120gb worth of music.

I got you senpai. Don't buy new. There's always alternative solutions.

ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Video-Classic-5th-5-5E-Generation-Black-Upgraded-128GB-SSD-Flash/263392195725?epid=49295614&hash=item3d5365f48d:g:zm4AAOSwIVhaNpN-&autorefresh=true

Get a FiiO and go FLAC. Once you go FLAC you never go back.

loved when saki said this

install your own sd slot

>Can't afford to upgrade my phone
>S6 doesn't have an SD slot
Wtf, sounds like that was your fault for choosing that phone bro. My S5 has a microSD slot.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ftRlC-FijY this

I got it for 50 bucks when I really needed a phone

Can you afford 30 bucks a month?

why not get subsonic?

Yes

Get a pixel 2 on financing directly from Google you n00b you can afford a new phone

>Pixel 2
>no sd card
>no headphone jack
>OP wants dap
Great recommendation.

Yes, upgrade an iPod.

Fiio X1 worth the price? Might order one after Christmas.

Hell yeah dude, different tools for different jobs.

You can use mini sd card if you buy one and go into any tech shop they will put it in

get an ipod classic desu i dont really like apple but their ipods are nice devicrs

I use one at the gym
more convenient than my phone to just have a fuckton of music in one place

iPod Nano 7th gen for life
Or an iPod mini. Or an iPod classic

Kek fucking poorfag
Meanwhile I'll be listening to my 114gb FLAC folder on my 248gb SD card and watching my lossless bdrips of Chinese cartoons taking 90gb on my s8 plus 128gb model and another 70gb on my SD card.
Take that you fucking poorfag heh

You should buy a player that supports more formats than just MP3.

One could put everything you have on your phone on a modded iPod Classic twice.

>ishit
ISHYGDDT

ebin

just use (spotify/googleplaymusic/applemusic)

back to somethingaweful friend

What the hell are you going on about?

plex

eww
bloatnet