What do you use to hide your sensitive documents from criminals and the government?

What do you use to hide your sensitive documents from criminals and the government?

I'm thinking of getting FDE on linux.

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1944531
youtube.com/watch?v=t1-sI0_lnD8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My laptop is FDE'd with dm-crypt. Don't really care about my desktop computer since I live in a place with an incompetent government.

External hdd in my house. I figure its a lot easier to keep a physical object hidden in today's world.

Do you encrypt it?

they have tech sniffing dogs, you know

Wait really!?

Yes

How do they work?

>Encrypt sensitive files
>Burn into CD
>Write some music band name on it
>Store it with other your "music" disks
:^)

they work like dogs, they sniff things.

wow never thought of that, gonna start doing that now. Thx user.

How do you think? They can smell bytes, more bytes (i.e. gigabytes or worse, terabytes!) You store better they can smell it.
Try it yourself, sniff fully written HDD (or SSD) and empty one, with large capacities even human can smell difference.

Np
Stay safe

Are you hackerman?

Nice try, NSA

Two flash drive system so when computer is on and one is removed the other auto engages a special version of Darik's Boot and Nuke. Plus computer is encryted by a code only known by memory and is changed bi monthly

Pedos

You hide your stuff with pedos?

uh n-no you know what I meant

W-what do you mean user?

JUST NEVERMIND

Where's that copypasta about keeping a hard drive under the bed

Threadly reminder if the government gives enough of a shit about you to raid your house, you already gave them enough evidence to convict you even if they walk away with nothing

I have a little drive sled for those external CDs. Got an electromagnet hooked onto an adjacent power supply from an IBM 5170 so when that baby spins it's literally degassing everything. And its a big orange one so I know not to Fucking touch it unless in emergencies

would it stand a real investigation tho?

Probably not

It's an 8th-level directory on my desktop titled New Folder (3)

They'll never find it

small problem:
>need a dedicated cd player for it to even look reasonable to carry around "music" cds
>nobody listens to cds in cd players anymore

I still have a CD player

Seems the pattern is, they get a tip and then a warrant. They find an encrypted drive and evidence of anything else. They then threaten prosecute you for jay-walking to the fullest extent of the law unless you de-crypt the drive. They then charge you for production of black-ice software when you converted the files into a useful form. You spend the next 20 years in an iso-cube instead of three months in general population.
Old news about dogs trained to smell DVD's. I imagine they could be trained to smell the plastics used in electronics.

abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1944531
... Only 212 views of this pretty boring YouTube video.
youtube.com/watch?v=t1-sI0_lnD8