Is there a more reddit shaving technology than the safety razor?

Is there a more reddit shaving technology than the safety razor?

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/tips-and-solutions/depth-field-part-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Real men hold the bare razor in their hand while shaving without a mirror

no the reddit way is buying 4 Gillette™ Mach™ X™ Replacement Cool™ Ice Blades™ for $30.99

I just use a pair of scissors desu

Best blade coming through

reeee fullframe sensors allow for a shallower depth of field than APS-C or whatever the shit is they put in compact cameras!

I use a st8 razor, fucking amazing

was thinking of trying out double edge razors

I have 6 blade dorcos that cut well but they really pull some skin

STR8 EDGE MASTER RACE

You're a faggot. You can get a decent razor for 10-15 dollars and 100 blades for 10 bucks on Amazon. Give me a more economical way to shave and I'll switch.

dat's rite goy make sure you buy the new 16 bladed razer for a closer shave for $10 each when you could just buy a box of 100 razers for the same price and shave just as well

double edges suck and it takes too much effort to get a decent shave. i fell for the meme and used it for months before tossing it and going back to mach 3s

I've been using one for 10 years now. At some point it stops being a meme and starts being part of your routine.
It's not exciting to shave like my grandpa, it's just cheaper than the alternatives.

>tfw so lazy I just use my trimmer

Full frame sensors are larger higher quality sensors that capture more light so they are far superior in anything below optimal lighting than smaller sensors. The depth of field thing ...bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/tips-and-solutions/depth-field-part-3

I never learned to shave and I'm too autistic to make myself learn so i use an electric shaver
end my life

I'm gonna have to ask you to fuck off

If you know how to use one there's not a single less irritating option out there.

Enjoy your razor burn and ingrown hairs.

real men shave themself with their axe !

I do this when shaving my head with a shavette. Not really that hard.

It's the best way to shave. I love being able to hear that scraping sound. I also don't get ingrown hairs anymore. Plus it's cheap as shit.

then you must be literally retarded and lack basic motor functions. All you have to do is pinch the tip and let the weight of the razor do the shaving. It's easy

I can't use single blade razors. I have bad skin on my face. Dermatologist can't decide if it's rosacea or seb derm. I use a Schick hydro 5 with vitamin E shaving gel. Still get cuts, but it's the easiest way I can get the job done.

>then you must be literally retarded and lack basic motor functions. All you have to do is pinch the tip and let the weight of the razor do the shaving. It's easy

it was fine on my face and shit on my neck. can't be bothered with it anymore and the mach 3 razors last long enough to warrant the price for me

gotta tilt your head back, stretch your skin taut, and adjust the angle you hold the blade slightly. Maybe do a pass against the grain.

I don't mind it because like I said, the scraping sound is extremely satisfying

did all that, was still pretty shitty.

look up idea labs and get some transdermal fat soluble vitamins. You're likely deficient in something. Check out Ray Peat.

why bother shaving at all? why not just get the hair laser removed, or use the same shit ladies use for thier legs (nair?) and be done with it for weeks on end?

This.

enjoy your chemical burns

>the depth of field thing...
here's what I'm saying:
the same focal length / aperture will give the same DoF no matter what. So having a camera with a bigger sensor means you need a longer lens to get the same field of view.
So for a photo with the same FoV, a cellphone will have less DoF than APS-C, which will have less than full frame which will have less than large format.

> using a razor
> not giving yourself female hormone shots

>"Hey guys what's a new way to shave without re-using razors and implementing battery mechanics"
>"Why don't we just make our pube cutters into razor form"
GENIUS

tips fedora

Burn your hair follicles off with hot grease.

I have rosacea, any tips? Still can't quite tell what triggers mine/makes it worse/more noticeable

i know you have never seen a naked woman that is not completely hairless like a 5 year old
but females have hair to be shaven off too

Do it, they're like $15 and as long as you're not a total dipshit you'll never cut yourself on it. Cleanest, smoothest shave I've ever had.

>weishi
>van der hagen
>"AS SEEN ON TV"
all the same chinese garbage. wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same factory

What shit did you buy its the easiest and cheapest way to save

>I have bad skin on my face. Dermatologist can't decide if it's rosacea or seb derm. I use a Schick hydro 5 with vitamin E shaving gel.

You have a bad dermatologist.

He or she should have eventually narrowed down your skin problems to something like your shaving gel that you mentioned, contains Vitamin E.

Some people have skin inflammation due to Vitamin E.

For people who suffer from bad skin, Fragrance Free products are the way to go.

I can provide recommendations if you guys want.

If I still shaved this is what I'd use. Since the razors are so cheap you can always swap them frequently so they're always sharp.

That said I haven't shaved in four years. I bought a hair trimmer and I just buzz my beard and touch it up with scissors now.

I have a Van Der hagen razor am I fucked

Geez, 2 years ago Sup Forums was all over fucking DE's and straights for dat viral marketing. What happened? same with fountain pens, watches and something else I forget. Probably RasPi's.

You can do the laser treatment over and over again but don't do chemical treatment, that'll ruin your face. The chemical treatment is designed for the really thin fine hairs that women have.

Reddit shaves? All I see there are soyboys and autistic mlp-neckbeards.

This is what I thought. Reddit is full of thick frame glasses hipster beard numale faggots.
It's like they print these guys out at a factory or something.

I actually prefer these kind of razors - way better than the latest X number of knives Gillette garbage made to be used twice and thrown away.

Is the brush made with horse hair?

>$10 for 50 blades
or
>$20 for 5
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Badger, usually, and yes, the DE blades can be had as cheap as $9 for a pack of 100.
But user, it's got FIVE blades AAAAAAAAAND a conditioning strip with a tilting base!!111!!oneone

Is that why I had to get the plastic sugery? FUG! wish I'd known that earlier. FML. They say a couple more and the scarring should not be AS noticable.

Good ones use badger hair, cheap ones use synthetic.
Get a good tub of shaving cream to use it with, shit leaves you smelling delicious without aftershave and no conditioner/lotion afterwards to avoid razorburn

but seriously, I never figured out why dudes don't just go get laser done if they know they're going to have to keep on shaving over and over again. I'd have thought that the "Metrosexuals" would've opened a market for this by now. the razor jew is viscious, huh?

But seriously, I never figured out why chicks don't just go get plastic surgery done if they know they're going to have to keen on applying makeup over and over again. I'd have thought the "Feminists" would've opened a market for this by now. The 500 billion dollar beauty industry jew is vicious, huh?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
But if you're a qt 3.14 (male) then good for you. We need more cute traps.

>saves money
>doesn't create environmental waste
>shaves better than the plastic shit
>is better for your face

you're a fag OP
I break out the straight razor occasionally when I want to feel autistic but the DE safety razor is where it's at for comfort as well as saving money

>gillette
trash tier
>feather
accidentally sliced off my entire head tier

Annual autist meet?

I shave with Bic razors using just water. Each one lasts me over a year.

You've either got only peach fuzz or you're using iron oxide to rip the hairs out.

dont forget to shave your pussy too homo

Applying makeup is lying though.

safety razors are honestly cheaper than normal ones by what... been using mine for 2 years now and i'm still on the same 100 razor box (I shave once every 2-4 weeks because I fucking hate shaving) If I shaved with a new razor every time I would still have another 2 years to go on the box.

then there is the shavette I have, that is honestly just because I wanted to see if I could shave with a straight razor, but honestly, I have to shave FAR more often than I do to keep muscle memory and prep my face FAR more than I am willing to do not cut myself because of the way my hair grows/shape of it.

Is there reddit aspects of shaving, fucking no shit. The razors themselves can get pretentious but generally you find a brand that works, feather are the sharpest you can get, persona labs are I think a close second.

The holder could get reddit tier with 'precision machined artisan blaa blaa' bullshit, generally it's just this shit holds the razor in a specific way and that's it, you can get something higher quality, but no precision machining is needed for this crap, possibly just charming it so it's easy to clean, or a more advanced razor that lets you pick how much razor you want exposed, different razors for different purposes, one in op is a more you keep up with shaving razor, while something like Merkur Futur (the one I know off the top of my head) or a few gillet ones from fuck long ago are better for very close shaves right off the bat, or you let that shit grow for a while didn't you situations, there are likely cheaper solutions to this kind of razor, but off the top of my head I don't know

then you have prep work.
Personally I just wet the shit and add some shaving soap and say fuck it good enough, I probably need some kind of oil because my skin loves to bump out and the razor will take a bit off the top drawing blood.

as for just use electric, I have had that shit bite my lip more times then I care to admit, shits painful, and even my worst razor cuts, of with there was 2 times with a straight razor (caused by pressing in a bit to hard and fast) or the safety razor (caused by literally not giving a fuck and wanting to get shit over with faster) are 100% painless, while the electric biting me has caused numerous infections and the time it got my lip caused massive swelling, that and electric triggers may autism fairly hard by not giving me a close shave, I keep hearing it cut just that little bit more, at least with an actual blade, shy of going against the grain I can make my face smooth to the point it doesn't get hair but skin, and my autism with getting it all gone doesn't trigger.

Transition. The government will pay for it :^)

Very much so. I can't help but come off as a chauvinistic pig by pointing it out in my social circle, what's worse is that the excuse is usually "We don't wear makeup for you guys" which implies they wear makeup to lie to themselves and other women. Spending thousands and thousands on consumer consumables to one-up their fellow friends on a ritual that is "NOT FOR ATTRACTING MALES" until it's "TO LOOK BETTER". Why are women in such denial? It's a self-perpetuating hatred race to make them a sex object as much as possible. It's so confusing.

Shavettes are shit, speaking from personal experience. You either DE or you get an actual straight razor, shavettes will destroy your face.

As for the DE holder, yeah, you can get perfectly solid holders that would serve you for life in around the 20-25$ price range. Buying the plastic shavers, even the fancy ones with the 5 blades and changeable heads, is an honest to god pure waste of money and borne out of either ignorance or laziness.

if you shave, you're reddit.

How do I upvote you?

(you) = upvote

shavettes don't destroy your face, but they are FAR harder to use than an actual straight razor.

Personally with mine I got 1 flawless shave out of it where I drew no blood and with a feather blade to boot, after that, It's just not worth the hassle because I fucking hate shaving. If you are a guy who can't budget time to themselves, it may be well with it because it forces you to budget 10-20 minutes to yourself whenever you shave.

My original reason to get a straight razor/single blade was I have so infrequently that buying a new pack of '5 razors and a single blade one' once a year, but when shaving the hair gets in the blades fucking everything up to the point I have to dick around un jamming shit, and possibly miss aliens the blade so one time I had a huge scratch/cut going down my chin to the base of my neck, was the last straw, and with electrics my last straw was when my little brother dropped it, broke the mesh and didn't tell me, it didn't show up when I shaving or in front of the mirror, but the next day you could trace exactly where I shaved with the red mark it made and I wasn't about the pay to fix that shit either.

I am considering using the shavette along side my safety razor if only to get the initial clearing of the shit done with, as my safety demands I unscrew the fucking thing each inch of my face to clear the blade, I get 2 inches because I can switch sides on mine.

also, if anyone wants to get a safety razor, get one with weight to it, Idealy the weight of the razor does the cutting, you just move the fucking thing up and down.

Yeah you're right, it's doable for sure, but it's just such a pain in the ass. Only reason I don't use my straight razor is I don't imaigne that I'll have the patience to do all the stropping (and eventually sharpening) stuff, but the shavette is punishing. Your room for error is massive and any mistake won't be forgiving on your face.

If anyone's reading this thread and wondering where to get shaving stuff from, you can always use amazon, but I use this website:
connaughtshaving.com

They have a great selection from all sorts of companies, with nice prices too. The site's a little broken but what do you expect from a store dedicated exclusively to shaving gear, it's probably run by a bunch of old people.

Redpill me on shaving, user. I want to follow an autistic cult.

Apple products are shit;
Linux I am regretfully putting to the actual use so I can't fap to it;
Traps are gay;
Anime takes too much time;
MLP G4 is godlike but it's ending in two years;
Coffee tastes awful;
Headphones are expensive;
Cameras make headphones look cheap;
Lifting is expensive and I'm a lazy fuck.

Shaving might just do it.

I tried the straight razor meme but I always ended cutting myself on my neck. A couple times I didn't, but I seriously didn't 'get' the whole thing. Like, why not just use a fucking regular razor. It's just shaving for fuck's sake. What's next? Artisan tooth brushing? Free-range peeing?
Fuck outta here with this bullshit. It makes 0 difference.

Cheapish DE is best bang for buck. Razors are cheap as fuck, 100 pack for $10 will last you likely 5 years. Don't bother too much with the brush, they are not bang for buck. Soap is completely up to you, try to avoid aerosol shaving foam but it's no biggie.

Razors are rated generally in terms of aggression of the cut, find a balance between thin/thick beard and sensitive/concrete skin.

Alternatively, do what you enjoy and fuck the meta.

stropping is all you need to do on a straight razor, and possibly a sharpening every few months if the metal isn't complete shit, but stropping could be abrasive enough to sharpening the blade for you most of the time too.

only problem is the razors are expensive for anything worth using, and the cheap as fuck ones are either bad, or are WIP's that need the initial sharpening.

easily worth it just in terms of time spent doing shit, but for me I shave once every 2+ weeks so the muscle memory will never form.

personally I use this

merkur 33c
persona lab razors
colonel conk bay rum shaving soap
some shit that claimed to be badger hair brush that was sub 12$

shits perfect if you maintain a shave at least once a week, but i'm looking into a different razor that handles my disdain for shaving better.

I've had a straight for 5 years and have not nicked my face a single time. With straights, but even DE's, you have to put a bit of thought into your motion.
I'll happily agree they're a bit hipster, DE's give you 90% of the cut for 10% of the cost.

The second you do any lateral motion and not 100% against or with the grain, you're going to notice it.

HRT only slows facial hair growth, it doesn't stop it.

>2 weeks between shaves
The one thing that straights absolutely cannot be beat in is they can never clog. Gilette 20-blades? Clogged with 2nd day shadow, DE's just need an extra dunk in the water but straights will flay a beard with malice and not even skip a beat.

colonel conk bay rum shaving soap is my choice because it's inoffensive and largely fucking gone.

Most shit I associate with douche bags who need to be locatable by scent, but this was VERY un noticeable, to the point that the soap I use to clean myself has a more lasting scent and that shits gone within 20-1 hour after a shower.

nah, the merkur 33c needs to be unscrewed, but then again I apply pressure to be able to get a full strip of hair done in one pass rather than dick around with bits and pieces.

still fucking miles ahead of the 5 razor shit I was using prior to this.

Just buy a 20 pack of disposable razors for $5. Each one least at least 3 shaves. All of you waste so much buying the cool 6blade straight power edge deluxe men's ultimate power razors, just to shave your neckbeards.

Shaving creams and soaps will usually be better for your face than the cheap goop shit you get at the supermarket. Less artificial shit in them. If you get a boar brush it feels nice to scrub your face with it, badger brushes turn into a mop when they're wet. Too soft for me.

DE shaving is better for anyone's skin, but especially people with sensitive skin like me who react bad to roughness.

DE shaving is objectively cheaper unless you get the autism spending bug and buy a million different shaving creams and soaps like some autists do. one 20$ razor, 100 razor blades for 10$, and you're set for a year if you're a frequent shaver, more if infrequent. Do your research though, some blades are not sharp at all and some are mega killer sharp. Somewhere in the middle is a good start.

You'd be amazed, there are entire forums dedicated to autistically discussing this topic. I'm not part of them myself but the shaving cult does exist.

I recommend Omega brushes because they're good and cheap. Badger brushes are usually more expensive than boar brushes, and even then you have the lower caste of badger brushes made from scissor-cut hair, and it's just plain uncomfortable. Omega mostly makes boar brushes.

It's just fun lol
the two or three times I shaved with my straight razor properly my face looked like it hasn't had a single hair grown on it for my entire life

I currently use an Edwin Jagger DE86RC, personna reds (the made in Israel ones), some shaving cream they make in Israel (use em because as an Israeli they are the most accessible product and aren't too bad either), and two Omega boar brushes. I have more equipment on order that should be arriving any day, don't need any of it but felt like refreshing my arsenal anyway.
never ever going back to plastics

feather broken in half and used in a shavette, the true test of manual dexterity, got only 1 bloodless shave and 3 nearly bloodless this way before I got a safety and personas, very proud of the fact I could do it.

>Gilette 20-blades? Clogged with 2nd day shadow
Sounds like a poorfag can't afford the 21 blade upgrade

Honestly I could see a return to plastic razors if I ever had a need to shave daily, shit like dollar shave club makes their shit cheap enough to be considerable, I mostly moved over to de because I couldn't keep muscle memory on a straight, and a straight because that was a minor life goal of mine to be able to do that, the next one is to sharpen a knife to the point it shaves and shave with it.

Pi's panned out to be useless for most cases, and if you needed something an arduino would usually be cheaper and better.

fountain pens, personally I love mine, they are cheap shit and easily replaced, but I modified one of mine to take a g nib and I use it to draw and write with, and my other is a normal nib.

They are a pain in the ass to maintain and aren't pocketable, and if you want low maintenance versions they cost real money or require good ink. with how little people on Sup Forums write, they are a curiosity than anything else.

as for de razors, how often can you really go over the same shit that will never change?
You aren't making a sharper razor
You aren't making a new form factor
You largely aren't making new non douche bag scents

but faggots decided that its not the norm so its the 'new' thing.
yea... hipsters kind of ruin everything when they touch it

I don't know why you're going on this hipster shit. This isn't some new movement, there were always people who didn't like plastic razors and were looking for something that doesn't fuck up their face.

1) with very coarse hair, its not permanent/not always permanent
2) its expensive as fuck, If I shaved every day, it would take me the better part of 20 years to get to the same cost level,
3) scarring that can happen. its fine for shitty places to shave like crotch or under arms, but on the face? not so much.

how do i into straight razor mode?

A E S T H E T I C

>women with dicks AND face fur
Truly, the worst timeline.

true, but they completely fell out of public's conscious till hipsters brought them back, only reasons I was ahead of the curve with it came to razors was a google search of 'my fucking razor keeps jamming, can I nair my face' and after I want to say 30+ pages of people telling me its a bad idea, something I gave 0 fucks about, I found one guy who suggested just use a shavette, up till then I considered a straight razor but 100+ $ on the blade alone was putting that well the fuck out of my ability to buy it with its usefulness was in question, but 7$ along with 10 for blades that could last a year +... fuck it i'll give it a go.

now the poster child/s for de's/straight razors are hipster faggots.

That will turn many normal people the fuck away, honestly just thankful that enough people liked it before to make it worth making things for it, and will still be around after the hipsters fuck off.

I guess that's true, it's a pretty obvious trend for hipster to latch onto. They actually started selling shitty brushes and shaving creams at supermarkets here a while ago after years of not having it stocked anywhere, maybe that's the reason.

What about reddit?

the real ones get laser hair removal or electrolysis
its only the agps that keep face fur

Partially, yes.
But brushes are more of a luxery application method if you don't need it to make a lather, with more and more people getting fucking sick of gels and aerosols, where even the good ones are rightly regarded as shit, I don't think they will go away till something truly good is made.

granted, you likely wont find oils and shit forever in stores if they even have those by you. personally could probably use some due to how the hair makes my skin bump out even when its weeks grown in, but im lazy and there is only so much fucking work im willing to do.

Lasers are technology! Feels like sunburn for a week afterwards but totally worth it in the long run.

There totally are permanent tattoo things for certain aspects of makeup, but we like to change it up for different looks sometimes.

Lying to ourselves is the best kind of lying: if it makes us feel better, who cares? (You don't really think it's for your benefit, do you?)

With the price of decent razor blades now, it'd be cost-effective after a year if you shaved closely enough to change your blade every week.

Diode lasers work better on coarse hair. It doesn't work so well for dark skin or light hair.

It is true that it is not always permanent - you might need a top-up session later on, or clear up the last few remaining ones with something more individually follicle-intensive like hybrid electrolysis.

Scarring is rare if machines are set correctly and settings are followed.

>With the price of decent razor blades now, it'd be cost-effective after a year if you shaved closely enough to change your blade every week.
52 weeks in a year. 52 good razor blades are 5 bucks, maybe 6.
m8, where is this laser clinic that would get rid of my hair for 5 bucks?

What should I use if I shave once a week at most and suck at it?