Classic ThinkPads returned and you rejected them

Classic ThinkPads returned and you rejected them

>craptop
pls

>16:9
nice meme

They only brought the keyboard back. They need the latch and smaller bezel. Hinges seem off too.

>no LED indicators
>chiclet keyboard
>fiesta logo
Not really a "classic."

Honestly the cheapo ideapads are preferable, if they die at least you can replace them and still would be cheaper
Today thinkpads are not the same

agreed, hinges attached to screen is dumb
>thinkpad 25
>chiclet
agree on the lack of status LED's tho

i wish the laptop had the same level of modularity older ones had, like an ultrabay and easy access to ram

nope'd the fuck out of that one

I have been saying this wouldn't work since it was announced. The whole reason classic Thinkpads are so well liked is that they're inexpensive on the secondhand market. Basement NEETs were not lining up to buy new $2000 *20 series Thinkpads when they were released - they gained a cult following after the insurance companies and banks had had their way with them and dumped them dirt cheap on the secondary market.

4 years ago when they were first teasing the ThinkPad classic, I was all over it because this was during the time period where they went with a 5 row chicklet keyboard and made trackpoint unusable with their "clickpad" (T440s period, yuck)

They're back to a 6 row keyboard and admittedly I'm now OK with the chiclet style keys. They also fixed the "clickpad" trackpoint.

There are still flaws with the normal T series, but the classic edition doesn't really solve them.

You missed the point too, then. They're popular because they survive years of work use and then still survive another decade after being resold. None of the things the classic copied was good, they just made their standard chinky 200x markup trash parts instead of recreating the build quality that made thinkpads valuable.

u wanted 16:10?

>drop hinge
>not 4:3
>no buttons below touchpad
>"""""""""classic""""""""""

Not him but at least 16:10. 4:3 preferred.

You forgot
>no thinklight

i'd buy one if i could afford one TM

They can't bring back what makes no money

>dual core
>outdated microarchitecture
>not waiting for Raven Ridge for the A versions
Lenovo just loves hitting themselves in the balls with a hammer, I guess.

>Classic
>Expensive as fuck

this is just an insult and you know OP

>classic
>nowhere near as
>rugged
>affordable
>practical

What part of it was classic?

The most important parts, of course:
Blue enter key
Logo colours

That logo color is cringeworthy as fuck. Its like they just picked the most trivial parts and made them look classic because they couldnt bother with anything more.

Then you should just get a Surface Laptop

its thin enough they could have thrown in a carbon frame but no, why make g cum with the force of a thousand suns when you can cater to normies

16:9 is the global standard aspect ratio for all video medium, calling it a meme will not make 4:3 come back or may 16:10 more common either. You are in the minority, you are wrong, stop believing your stance isn't unusual.

i fucking love 16:10

That huge bezel alone is awful, and I'll still never be able to get over Lenovo's re-branding with that goofy-ass font that looks suspiciously like what Google uses.

Modern ThinkPads just look like shit, and they offer absolutely nothing compelling over their competitors anymore beyond the color scheme and badges for those really desperate to become part of one of the most obnoxiously self-satisfied fanbases in consumer technology.

It was literally just a T470 with the old keyboard

Shit specs too, 7xxx CPU and 940MX when the next generation is like 50% faster