>Use it on a 24 inch 1080p 144hz monitor
>Constantly get 135-144fps in games like Call of duty ww2
>Plays every other new release without a hassle including games like BF1

Get fucked niggers.

>playing cod ww2
>3 lane multiplayer maps
>literally the most dumbed down cod of all time

You are the nigger.

GTX 1060 is a great card for 1080p. But the 8700k seems like the more questionable buy.

An i5 would have been just fine.

>questionable buy
>Best gaming processor out, and the best gaming processor to come out from INTEL
>Use it for gaming

The dumb niggers saying i needed a 1070-1080 can go get fucked.

1060 runs games like a fucking champ.

I got the i5 8600k and a gtx 1080ti, I get constant 144fps on ww2 at 1440p. enjoy your toy tier gpu

>$400

I get 144fps 97% of the time on a 1060.

LMAO

$250 really.

>buys high end CPU
> to poor to afford GTX 1080ti

fucking neets

-9001/10
This

They weren't saying your GPU wasn't enough. They were saying if you go with a 1060, you're wasting money if you get an 8700K with that GPU.

The exception of course is if you have a use case other than gaming that justifies the faster CPU. But for gaming you have more CPU power than you need to drive that GPU.

>They weren't saying your GPU wasn't enough.

Yes they were, you dumb nigger. Don't bring your poorness on here.

Trying to make me waste my shekels on a GPU i don't need, when a 1060 has proven to me personally it rips every game apart that has been recently released.

However they phrased it, the fact remains that your build is unbalanced. It'll perform fine, and the 6 GB 1060 is an excellent card. But your CPU is more powerful and more expensive than it needs to be to game with a 1060.

>, the fact remains that your build is unbalanced.

No it doesen't, it would be unbalanced with a card such as a 1050 3gb.

Same spec pic as in the ryzen sucks thread. This dude realized he wasted his money and is trying desperately to justify his purchase. Please kill yourself, and make sure your will has your poverty card incinerated.

>Here is my reverse psychology to put away the shame of buying a poozen

Enjoy your slow core speed and horrible single core performance ;)

>1080p and 1060
What a fucking poor pajeet. 1440p at 144hz with a 1080 ti is much more comfier

>1440p at 144hz with a 1080 ti is much more comfier

Placebo effect of wasting more money.

>1440p at 144hz with a 1080 ti is much more comfier
I have this setup and I have to agree, 1400p is nice. However that 1080 Ti raped my wallet. It costs like 3x as much as a 1060. The 1060 is also right around the point on the cost-performance curve where the cost starts to go up way more than the performance, making it a high-midrange sweet spot.

1080p is perfectly sufficient though, and unless you have money to burn is probably the way to go. A 1060 should do fine for 1080p 144 Hz or 1440p 60 Hz, and I'd probably take more frames over more pixels.

>1080p
Why are you so proud of such a small resolution?

>1060 runs games like a fucking champ.
Of course it does, you're a resolutionlet with a key-hole sized monitor.

So you're not just a resolutionlet, you're a ramlet on top of that?

>unbalanced
I too don't get why she'd buy that CPU instead of spending a little more on a 4k monitor and a card that can power it. But people differ.

Nothing important relies on single core performance, it's not 2002.

>16 GB
>ramlet

>1600x
>470 gpu

Stop talking, no one cares about your garbage poor setup nor that you hooked up to a TV.

>buy $400 CPU
>buy $250 GPU
>for a $200 1080p screen
I used to run these three screens on a 290 and a 4690K.

yep, ramlet's always defend their 16 GB..

I don't own a TV, never have - never will. I honestly don't see the point. What is the point, btw? Poor quality speakers (I use a surround setup)? Builtin garbage decoder for TV signals (like it's the 80s)?

Nice. Very nice.

I get why people use a single monitor for a pure HTPC, I use a single 4k display for mine. But why someone would use a single 1080p for a desktop setup is beyond me, specially when they are spending money on things like the 8700k.

A 1440p 4k 1440p triple monitor setup is just so much more comfy than one tiny 24" 1080p. But then again.. people have different tastes and priorities.

Because I'm not blind and even at 1080p I can see clear enough to see how flawed textures are in games. 24in is too large to even see the whole screen without peripheral vision.

I wish you fags that waste money on shit that the novelty wears off within a few weeks would stop spamming your stuff because your feeble self image requires post purchase rationalization to justify buying your toys.

>8700k
>1060
u wot?

I had trouble justifying an 8700k with my 1080.
1440/165 masterrace

Why not? If you are doing emulation shit it helps a lot.

This.
Sup Forums is becoming /consumerism/
I blame the USA for driving this consumerist waves.

I recently got a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor, I literally want to throw my secondary 24" 1080p in the trash, it looks like absolute garbage next to the 1440p

I blame yurope for leaking all the OBSESSED neets here.
They enforce 4k memes and 1080/8700k setups because they want them instead of their shit tier overpriced yuropoor market of PC components.

Do you actually run your monitor in 165? On the acer and asus ips ones you actually get more blur with that setting.

have a tn because I don't do color correction, don't view from weird angles, and in general wanted the better gaming monitor

If you think your TN pile of trash is better than something like the PG279Q, you're seriously delusional.

>Cawadoody ww2
>BF1
Get fucked nigger, kys.

nice blog, you fucking retard

t. poor pajeet

>278qr

>second review on amazon
#1 Had poor white uniformity, top 3rd of screen "dirty" looking. (Photo attached)
#2 Had a stuck pixel center screen. (No photo, self explanatory)
#3 Had bad Back Light Bleed bottom left and top right corners. Had IPS glow bottom right and top left, but not a reason for return. (Photo attached)

enjoy your $800 meme ips piece of shit, only retards buy ips trash over based TN

and to add to this, it was almost half off when I bought it, vs full price tn

my tn has a light spot in it near the edge of the screen and par tof the bezel is bent. not every monitor is perfect.

>vs full price tn
*full price ips

>playing modern AAA titles
I would tell you to go back to Sup Forums, but they will not want you there either.
Go to /vg/ or something.

>Buying an 8600K
Enjoy your already capped out CPU usage.

poozen is 10fps lower than the i5

Stutters don't matter

>32GB RAM
>1600X

user...

Perhaps he's doing something more than gaming with it, especially given his Linux OS.

>yep, ramlet's always defend their 16 GB..
if it goes down in price ever I'll add two sticks

not throwing another $200 atm on something I would almost never use

Go ahead and limit Intel CPU 's framerate to match AMDs and now tell me about fucking frametimes.
if you're going to compare stuff at least do it apples to apples.

Who the fuck runs 1080p when it's almost 2018? And no, it's not enough.

Anyone not building really high end. With a 1080ti you can have 1440p 144 Hz or even 4K Gsync with a pretty high framerate. But a bit less crazy expensive, you can have EITHER better resolution OR better framerate. And quite honestly at 1080p it's a tossup which will be more noticeable, depending on the size of your screen and the games you play.

OP made an alright decision on 1080p 144 Hz. The 8700K was a money flush though.

144hz is literally meme tier except maybe if you're actually making money in some e-sport shit.

There's nothing wrong with having GPU bottleneck because CPU has amazing utility for productivity and emulation.

>mfw only three of those threads are running the game, and the rest is the drm in drm in drm in drm insanity of ubisoft

yep and 20 degrees cooler

well,im the retard that got a 7700 and 1060 3gb cause MUH BITCOIN GRAPHICS CURD EENFLATION

that's why the gpu is the hottest with poozen

1440p vs 1080p you double nigger

>there are still no 4K HDR monitors worth speaking of

Should I get the Rypoop 1700 or I5 8400 with a 1060 6gb for 1080p? Also I need it for just gaming. I have no use for the extra threads and im not updating the system for 2-3 years.. Solution for a PC newfag?

I finally upgraded from a single 1080p monitor to a dual setup with a 4k 28" main center, and then the old 1080p in portrait mode on the right.

I've had a 6700k and a 1080Ti since last April, and finally, FINALLY do I see the video card getting pushed around a bit.

Ryzen 5 1600 seems to pair up well with the 1060 6GB. Go for it.

nice bait

Poors always think high res is placebo because the screenshots all look the same on their 1080p displays.
FPSggots ruin everything

Nice blog, subscribed.

>32GiB

You know people upgrade GPU's more often than CPU's.

I wen't trough 5 GPU generations on my 2600K and it never was a problem, since it was overkill when I bought it.

>Claims cores matter
>Posts most intensive multi core game
>Poozen still sucks on it
>B-but muh stutters

I have the budget for a 1700, does it pair well with the 1060?

>135-144fps in games like Call of duty ww2
>Call of duty ww2

Kill yourself

>3000mhz
>1060
kek

What mobo did you get?
I want to get a coffee lake but I can't decide on a mobo.

Where is this stuttering meme come from?

And so would an i5 7600k. Fuck I run an i5 2500k and I’m laughing my ass off every day at these fucking meme processors you niggers spend your shekels on

Waste of your money retard. I5 2500k and thx 970 here. You still have nothing up on me. Call me back when you get a 5k monitor with 240hz, and actually start using your hardware, faggot

No, an I7 is over kill for anything 1070 or down.

Same, its so fucking annoying.

Each and every single game in that series is the most dumbed down of all time. Playing any of them makes you an idiot.

Ramlets trying to show off 32GB
How are the drivers working for you? I haven't used AMD with Linux in a few years.

The 8400 outpaces my 970 by a lot. 8700k and a 1060 aint bad since you can keep the 8700 for like 8 years

>i7-6700 ( None k )
>16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
>2TB HDD (@7200)
>RX 470 (4GB)

Literally a pre-build HP PC, added the RX-470 and a 500watt PSU.

Cost me in total: $950

Can run any ( Muh Games)
- ARK
- Insert other trash games that are poorly optimized and thus run like shit if you have a shit pc.

Ultra / @1080 fuck 1440p+ that shit is wasted. 20/5 Vision and I can't see any difference between 4k & 1080 unless you are inches from it like a retard.

Constant 60+ fps at all times. No dips, no stutters nothing.

Same with none childrens software, 3D modeling whatever. No issues smooth as silk. Slower render times, but nothing but dedicated workstation cpus/gpus are more suited for those kinds of task. But. I don't care oh noes! 15 minutes, I'll go get a drink come back and it'll be done.

Or use some over device. Sure is hard to save money and still get the same results as spergs who spend fuck tons on useless 10 fps differences.

Keep it up Sup Forums!

How much did you save vs the 6 GB model? When I bought a 6 GB it was like $50 more expensive and the extra 3 GB is well worth that.

I'd prefer the i5 -- enough threads, higher single thread performance and better IPC.

gomfy

>get 10 fps lower
at the cost of
>gpu runs cooler
>cpu runs cooler
>better frametimes, no stutter
choose

lol your shit will struggle on all the latest title at 1440p, fuckoff with your trash

>Skylake
>DDR3

fucking retard

Get fucked faggots I'm running a QX 9650 with a GTX 750 TI 2GB and it works like a Lamborghini

the CHAD cpu

Just doesn't make much sense for a gaming build.

Could of saved yourself a decent bit of cash by going with something like an 8600k, 7700k, Ryzen 1700 the list goes on and put the money towards a 1070 which is a MUCH better card.

What's funny about high quality g skill ram that is fast? Are you a nigger?

>6gb
3gb works the exact same you tard. The extra 3gb does not do shit for you

It does though...
Try playing a game that needs 6.00000001GB and you'll stutter to death

>buying a 8700k for gaming
>pairing it with 1060 for gaming
you dumb motherfucker, could have saved yourself $200 buying an i5 or ryzen and had the exact same performance.

Not dem op, but I got there gigabyte z370 gaming 7 i tell you what for my 8700k yall' during that here black friday on the newegg for $199.

No kidding. My 6600k is more than enough with my 1060

>bought 400$ 8700k
>paired it with a 1060

you fucking dumbass Im only barely getting bottle necked on my gtx 1070 and im using a first gen i7 running at 3.06 ghz

You literally could have bought an i3 or bought a used i5/i7 rig from last gen on craigs and used the 300+$ you saved to buy a gtx 1080

you are legit fucking retarded man.

I guess with volta coming out it might make a bit more sense if they're planning on going to that, the 8700k should last a few gpu generations with the way things are going.

>GTX 750 TI 2GB
>works like a Lamborghini
A Lambo with sugar in the gas tank, yes.

True but news already slipped that next gen intel is going to offer the 6core/12 thread model as an i5 with an 8 core as the i7.

If OP is using the 1060 as a holdover until volta and hes gonna buy a 2080 or a 2080ti thats the only way it makes sense.

No doesn't you fucking retard. 3gb VRAM is also absolute and lot of new release games go over the 3gb threshold on high settings.